It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24/7 Surveillance of the public in two years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On the Drudge Report today

FBI begins installation of $1 billion face recognition system across America
rt.com...

The FBI expects the NGI system to include as many as 14 million photographs by the time the project is in full swing in only two years, but the pace of technology and the new connections constantly created by law enforcement agencies could allow for a database that dwarfs that estimate. As RT reported earlier this week, the city of Los Angeles now considers photography in public space “suspicious,” and authorizes LAPD officers to file reports if they have reason to believe a suspect is up to no good. Those reports, which may not necessarily involve any arrests, crimes, charges or even interviews with the suspect, can then be filed, analyzed, stored and shared with federal and local agencies connected across the country to massive data fusion centers. Similarly, live video transmissions from thousands of surveillance cameras across the country are believed to be sent to the same fusion centers as part of TrapWire, a global eye-in-the-sky endeavor that RT first exposed earlier this year.

Would this have happened without 911?

I think not

Who has killed more people through out history, goverment or criminals?

Goverment, by a factor of one million times as many

What would be too much government power?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

But you want this.

You vote for Obozo you get this system for sure.

You vote for Rum and cola, rumco, rumbaloo, sorry Romney. You get this, with a twist.

You refrain from voting at all you still get this.

Basically you are all #ed. This is just the icing on the top of a cake once known as USA. Now slowly devoured by the greedy super rich pigs hiding behind these psychopaths you think are good politicians.

This is why I moved to northern Europe. I had enough.

Until the people demands an end to all types of lobbying between corporations and the scum in congress or the senate, and consider it an act punishable by life imprisonment or even death, USA will crumble and go up in flames until it is no more.
edit on 8-9-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Scary times indeed for you folks south of us, I don't know what the solution is and I don't have any idea of why this is happening in your Country..

The thing that really disturbs me is I see no way possible to reverse this trend that is going on all over the globe.

What is next? I have been following the news on this and it appears to me England and the US are leading the pack and Countries Like Canada (our home) are following suit.

At least we have an idea of what will without a doubt, be happening here in a few years...
Hopefully you folks can put an end to this madness and be an example to the rest of us in the world.
Good luck there and you have our support and thoughts to be sure.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 8-9-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
On the Drudge Report today

FBI begins installation of $1 billion face recognition system across America
rt.com...

The FBI expects the NGI system to include as many as 14 million photographs by the time the project is in full swing in only two years, but the pace of technology and the new connections constantly created by law enforcement agencies could allow for a database that dwarfs that estimate. As RT reported earlier this week, the city of Los Angeles now considers photography in public space “suspicious,” and authorizes LAPD officers to file reports if they have reason to believe a suspect is up to no good. Those reports, which may not necessarily involve any arrests, crimes, charges or even interviews with the suspect, can then be filed, analyzed, stored and shared with federal and local agencies connected across the country to massive data fusion centers. Similarly, live video transmissions from thousands of surveillance cameras across the country are believed to be sent to the same fusion centers as part of TrapWire, a global eye-in-the-sky endeavor that RT first exposed earlier this year.

Would this have happened without 911?

I think not

Who has killed more people through out history, goverment or criminals?

Goverment, by a factor of one million times as many

What would be too much government power?

They already are watching us from above.

They have a camera on most stoplights in America.

Traffic Control my a$$.

It just seems like we forgot what it was like to be Americans.

Sad to me...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
When I was a kid my mother had me convinced that she was psychic. She totally brainwashed me into believing that she literally saw every single little thing that I did. She was like a ninja.

Then, as I got older, I came to realize that she really wasn't able to see me every moment of every day. She'd just used her experience and intellect to deduce what bad things I'd done. As a kid I couldn't really understand that if some raw cookie dough went missing from the fridge... well I was the only suspect and, therefore, an easy case to solve. But, during those years, before these concepts became clear to me, she had me convinced that she, Santa, and God were all 24/7 voyeurs to my every waking movement.

The paranoia I felt during those years was palpable and I behaved far more than I would have had I not thought I was under never-ending scrutiny and surveillance,

Realistically speaking there is no way that every single human being could be watched 24/7. Even if cameras were placed literally everywhere... Well you'd have to either make a computer advanced enough to crunch unfathomable amounts of data - and you'd also have to invent an entirely new type of computer that could actually interpret the nuances of human behavior, just to know what it would need to flag and what it would need to ignore... or you'd have to hire more than half of the worlds population to watch the others.

It's logistically impossible. Just like my mother watching me 24/7 was.

This is something that Big Brother says to scare us. We're more apt to behave if we fear we're being watched. That's the long and the short of it.

The trick is to know where the cameras really are, how they are used, and what they are used for.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It would be much more effective to have 24/7/365 surveillance of politicians, corporate CEO's and international bankers/brokers. They could fit them with non-removable shock collars and head mounted video/audio recorders, the costs would be a lot lower and at least that way the money would be spent monitoring known criminals rather than looking for a proverbial needle in a haystack.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Facial recognition? Wear a nice mask.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
oops dble post
edit on 8-9-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Like you don't want it? (Not directed at the OP)

You people just suck it up - carrying those little cell cameras with the video...Always on the 'look out'... The anticipation of 'narking out' your friends enemies and strangers - even yourselves = irresistible.

'Look! That's me on the big screen!' *Shudders with joy*

'You see that! I got him jaywalking! Ha ha ha ha!'

'Hey Babe, get me a beer, Big Brother is on!'

DON'T JUST WAKE UP PEOPLE! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

peace
edit on 8-9-2012 by silo13 because: star and freaking flag for the OP

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

What is scary about facial recognition? With security cameras on every building already you are most likely on camera for a good part of each day already.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In LA? Where there is something on every corner to take a picture of ? Isnt Disney Land in LA? Yes it is I was there. Better not get caught snapping one of Mickey huh?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sorry honey but as a Mother myself I have to inform you that we really do have eyes in the back of our heads and she really did watch you 24/7. And when she wasnt watching you she was thinking of you. Just the way we roll us Moms.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Iwinder

What is scary about facial recognition? With security cameras on every building already you are most likely on camera for a good part of each day already.

I will tell you what is Scary about facial recognition in my opinion,
First did they warn anyone that this is coming down the tubes? Or did they ask for opinions? No...Why not?
What is the need for this invasive system?
There must be a major reason why they are doing this because of the cost, I think when the SHTF which it is going to sooner or later, they want people to think before they lynch the Banksters and the corrupt Government and Corporate big wigs who have wrecked havoc on the world for too long.

The good news is that there is no way in hell they can stamp out a major rebellion involving a couple of hundred million really pissed off people.

They are obviously preparing for civil unrest and are hoping this might just calm things down.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This system will grow in at least three ways.

1) Computers and software are always improving.

2) The sensors and cameras and the sources from which the data base is queried will come from more and more locations

3) The number and kinds of problems to be solved by this system will be increased untill it handles your credit, employment and medical records.

This system could be completely automated. From a credit card purchase, an address your car stopped at or something said on the phone -- the system sends the drone that jolts you with a taser dart or squirts a gluey net over your whole body or gasses your bed room before the police show up.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i think i am starting to grasp how the animals at the zoo must feel

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Have no fear Americans. If you don't agree with these watching your every move while outdoors and in public. These fine Gentlemen will happily come help you with your problem.

Hmm. Now where have I seen that vehicle before.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Facial recognition? Wear a nice mask.

How long until they outlaw masks and sunglasses?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

What makes you think were going to get off of our comfy lazy boys and actually get to taking to the streets, let alone killing some corrupt politicians/bankers?

Do you honestly feel two hundred million strong would EVER come together and fight/die for what is right?

It would be lucky if two thousand armed civilians actually took to the streets and made a stand for what IS RIGHT. We are too dumbed down, too comfortable, too scared honestly. We are scared to miss a payment, we are scared to miss a football game, we are scared... to lose our lives. Meanwhile our lives are becoming more unbearable for each new generation. There needs to be a tipping point, but we keep holding on.......

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm probably going to get a lot of flame for saying this, but the /idea/ of having and utilizing this new technology ISN'T a bad thing. It's not the end of the world for government to increase surveillance so they can catch more criminals and put them where they belong; in prison. Besides, it was the /people/ who asked for this. The government didn't just decide "Oh hey! Let's install a bunch of super expensive cameras everywhere so we can see every single bodily function that every human does through-out the day!" The people /demanded/ it after 9/11, and it /is/ the job of the government to protect the people. I agree that if 9/11 hadn't of happened all these safety measures and precautions would not of been made until much later in the future(they would of happened inevitably at some point). Though there is no changing the past. Either Americans are going to have to learn to put their feet down and not take any more or the government is going to continue to do as it pleases. I'm not necessarily saying overthrow the government; just because you get rid of one corrupt government doesn't mean that the next one will be any better, it may even be worse. However, the American people need to let their voices be heard and get more involved in politics or otherwise they have no right to complain about it.

However, human nature being as it is, it is absolutely terrifying to know that this system will be abused. We all know it will happen, and I'm not trying to down play that harsh reality in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by Iwinder

What makes you think were going to get off of our comfy lazy boys and actually get to taking to the streets, let alone killing some corrupt politicians/bankers?

Do you honestly feel two hundred million strong would EVER come together and fight/die for what is right?

It would be lucky if two thousand armed civilians actually took to the streets and made a stand for what IS RIGHT. We are too dumbed down, too comfortable, too scared honestly. We are scared to miss a payment, we are scared to miss a football game, we are scared... to lose our lives. Meanwhile our lives are becoming more unbearable for each new generation. There needs to be a tipping point, but we keep holding on.......

I agree with your post above and the Lazy Boy comment really hits the bell as far as I am concerned.

People can do amazing things when pressured to the max.

Here are a couple of stories from my long dead parents about the Great Depression.

My Mothers neighbourhood was most safe and social to say the least,
People would knock on the door looking for work or bread.
They gave all the food they could but you could only do so much.

After getting their clothes stolen off of the clothes line numerous times, my Mom's step dad whom was a church elder at the time, stood guard with a piece of wood with nails in it to protect what was theirs.

Second story is from my Dad's side, during the depression they forbid hunting here in our city because everyone was hunting back then for pheasant/duck /geese/ you get the idea and this was right in the town.

My dad goes out with his dad looking for game birds and they cross paths with a game warden,
My fathers dad and the warden exchange words and then my dad's dad says if you want to live you better leave now. " I am here to feed my family and you will not stop me short of shooting me"

The warden sputtered and threatened them with jail, after that threat my Grandfather pointed his shotgun at the warden and said go home now!

Yes the warden went home.

My point is that under extreme circumstances people will do extreme things to survive.

Both stories are true and take them or leave them,
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join