It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mafia Hit-Man & Teamster Boss Helped Joe Biden Become U.S. Senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I found an interesting political conspiracy involving Joe Biden that I’ve never heard mentioned (how convenient).

In the fascinating biography of Teamsters and Mafia hit-man Frank Sheeran, “I Heard You Paint Houses,” the lifelong thug describes a favor he performed while he was president of Teamsters Local 326 in Wilmington, Delaware.

In 1972 Sheeran received a visit from “a very prominent lawyer” he knew who was “very big in the Democratic Party” in Delaware. The November general election was approaching, and the race for the U.S. Senate seat held by a Republican was expected to be close. The lawyer wanted help in preventing the distribution of a paid Republican political ad – an insert in the Delaware-wide newspapers – that would run for a week and expose the campaign misrepresentations by the Democratic challenger. Sheeran promised the operative that he “would hire some people and put them on the picket line.” He added, “People nobody would mess with.”

The picket line went up, the papers were not delivered all week, and, as Sheeran said, “The day after the election the informational picket line came down, and the newspaper went back to normal and Delaware had a new United States Senator.” His name was Joe Biden. Thereafter, said admitted extortionist, thief and murderer Sheeran, of Biden, “You could reach out for him, and he would listen.”
link

This is very telling. Joe sought the help of powerful union thug and Mafia hit-man, Frank Sheeran to keep the misrepresentations (LIES) pushed by his campaign from being exposed by his political rival. No wonder Obama likes this guy! This sounds a lot like the tactic Obama uses to keep information from the voting public. Obama sued Gallop because they refused to bury the unflattering poll numbers they gathered.

Senior Obama Campaign adviser David Axelrod reportedly contacted The Gallup Organization to discuss the company's research methodology after their poll's findings were unfavorable to the President. After declining to adjust their methodology, Gallup was named in an unrelated lawsuit by the DOJ.
link

Then of course we have the obvious voter intimidation that happened in 08’. This is another attempt by Obama and Biden at cheating to get ahead.

The whole “change” and “forward” rhetoric is just that. We’re going to get the same thug tactics they’ve always used. They both have a history of burying their opponents and keeping people from hearing the truth.

Do you really know the POTUS and VPOTUS?

edit on 8-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Interesting find...I'm gonna have to dig into this and see what I can pull up.

edit on 8-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Uh huh... Did you know that Frank Sheeran also confessed to the murder of Jimmy Hoffa, to being complicit in both of the Kennedy assassinations, and that he was the trigger man in a famous, high profile mob hit on a mafioso named Crazy Joe Gallo.

Either there are some credibility issues with Frank Sheeran... or he's like Forrest Gump and Superman all rolled into one.

An overview of the lulz.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is really not much of a surprise to me, but a great find nonetheless. It reminds me of Bill Clinton's sordid past being involved in drug smuggling and various scams, not to mention the many mysterious deaths that happened around him at the start of his political career. This is in no way a statement in any way being biased against the democratic party either. I believe that many political leaders on both sides of the two party system have pasts related to such sordid matters.

edit on 8-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Uh huh... Did you know that Frank Sheeran also confessed to the murder of Jimmy Hoffa, to being complicit in both of the Kennedy assassinations, and that he was the trigger man in a famous, high profile mob hit on a mafioso named Crazy Joe Gallo.

I knew about Hoffa (sounds legit…he was close to him). I didn’t hear about the others but I don’t think it’s such a stretch that he may have some knowledge about other things. Look at how powerful the Mafia and unions have been at certain times in American history, and look at their close connection to politics and the democrat party (you could start with Chicago).

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hah, and here I am thinking the culprit was AIPAC all along.

I guess I got my mobsters confused.

Btw, Teabag, I really, REAAAALLY dont like you.

Just had to say it, carry on.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Im waiting for Robert De Niro to play him.

You think they will also "imply" the Joe Biden link in the movie?

I do.

Seriously, "The Irishman" had many tales to tell. Too bad he didn't have hard proof, to all his stories. All he needed to do, was supply some actual proof, and maybe more people would have believed him.

Now if the "The Iceman" would have said something like this, I would probably be more inclined to believe. Many contract killers, but few who actually could back up their killings.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Still, this is Frank Sheeran talking. Maybe he did try to throw a federal election, and maybe not. If he did it, did Biden know about it? Who was that lawyer, anyway?

Richard P. "Dixie" Sanger, then the News Journal editor, was skeptical. He remembered the strike -- "They actually busted a few heads because the other unions didn't want to honor the picket lines" -- but he questioned whether politics and Sheeran really were behind it.

"We had a lot of labor problems. That might have been coincidental," Sanger said.

Whatever happened, Biden knew nothing about it, he relayed through Margaret Aitken, his press secretary.

Source

If I'm reading this right - then even the insiders, with first hand knowledge of the event, are skeptical.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If I'm reading this right - then even the insiders, with first hand knowledge of the event, are skeptical.

Well, it’s a conspiracy ‘theory’ not conspiracy ‘fact’.

It wouldn’t matter anyway. Every time Obama and the left pulls this crap it gets reported and people just go on with their lives. Obama went after Sheriff Joe because he was trying to expose something. Obama is now after Gallup for trying to expose something. The left's main tactic is ATTACK and bury your opponent…

Tell me about this incident. Is it suspicious that his opponent dropped out in 2004 or is this more proof of dirty tactics?

The 2004 United States Senate election in Illinois was held on November 2, 2004. Incumbent Republican U.S. Senator Peter Fitzgerald decided to retire after one term. The Democratic and Republican primary elections were held in March, which included a total of 15 candidates who combined to spend a record total of over $60 million seeking the open seat. State Senator Barack Obama won the Democratic primary, as Jack Ryan won the Republican primary, but three months later Ryan announced his withdrawal from the race — four days after the Chicago Tribune persuaded a California court to release child custody records.
wiki

Obama then went on to defeat the last minute replacement, Alan Keyes by outspending him $14.2 million to $2.5 million, which is among the largest amounts spent in HISTORY. Where did this support come from? Obama wasn’t a millionaire so it wasn’t his money.

edit on 8-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The money for the 2004 election isn't mysterious. There's a breakdown here.

As for the other things. Such things are common in politics. It's a cutthroat game. I mean, seriously, it's not like Obama lost the popular vote and then had the state that his brother was governor of decide things. Right?

I personally believe all politicians are corrupt. But I also sourly distrust the word of a gangster who seems to be linked to so many conspiracies that the Knights Templar would envy him.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

But I also sourly distrust the word of a gangster who seems to be linked to so many conspiracies that the Knights Templar would envy him.

I’m not a fan of Obama either!

Seriously though, I understand your point but Sheeran’s story certainly fits the pattern of behavior we’ve seen.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Either there are some credibility issues with Frank Sheeran... or he's like Forrest Gump and Superman all rolled into one.

An overview of the lulz.

~Heff

As a professional interrogator (debriefer/interviewer if you prefer) in every lie a subject tells there is a little bit of truth.

In this case perhaps (speculation at best on my part so take it as nothing more) while he might be the type to seek attention and have a penchant for talking too much he may not have been the shooter or even an actor in the events he "described" but being a part of the community so to speak he is relating facts as told to him by someone else placing himself as the "hero" or actor.

So while I would take his involvement with a grain of salt I would indeed look into the possibility that the events as he described them could have valid usable intelligence. Also, I would take into consideration that events tend to get exaggerated with each telling. However, as I said - there is truth in there of that I really have little doubt. Only about 1:1,000,000 or so people can tell a flat out complicated fabrication and keep it straight over time in multiple interrogations. Most people have problems lying so they start with the truth and modify it.

He could just be a pathological liar and really good at it he was after all a career criminal - yet as I said without MMPI or a psych evaluation interview I will assume he is not. A true psychopathic or sociopathic liar are very rare.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I am more than happy to concede to everything you've said. My caveat is that as best I can recall ( and I do apologize if I'm wrong. Today has been a bad day, I have a relative in the hospital with congestive heart failure right now - so I'm both preoccupied and distracted )... but as best I can recall his pattern of lying seemed to be social. And social lying is predominantly based upon desire for status. Correct?

Successful social liars are easy to spot. They don't embellish their lies at all. They simply create basic narratives and stick with them. Often utilizing excuses for secrecy... All I am free to say is blah blah blah. This is very common among predatory people.

So I still have reservations. Though I freely accept that he might have been making vicarious claims to events he was merely privy to through discussion.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

criminals who keep "proof" around are usually called convicts.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by sonnny1

criminals who keep "proof" around are usually called convicts.

Then WHY aren't Politicians in jail?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

And social lying is predominantly based upon desire for status. Correct?

Lying is just lying really - the type of lying used to gain approval, inspire awe or make oneself seem more interesting would be associated with a narcissist determining a person’s underlying "need" or "reason" for lying is the key to an interrogator breaking them.

Successful social liars are easy to spot. They don't embellish their lies at all. They simply create basic narratives and stick with them. Often utilizing excuses for secrecy... All I am free to say is blah blah blah. This is very common among predatory people.

This is true I run into it all the time - people claim to have been in Special Forces…even Delta or whatnot and then when questioned about what unit, when and where they claim its classified or the ever popular "if I told you I'd have to kill you with a sly laugh". As soon as someone invokes a wink and nod to something and indicates "calssification" you can bet they are full of #. Sometimes one can talk around something but it’s risky depending on the audience and the subject. Usually not done with a stranger for sure.

When they realize I really was and they can’t answer basic questions like about Pineland or The Gay Berret or Bruce – they have a tendency to need to go…. They don’t even know the layout of JFKSWFC or what street it’s on having ran up and down it for months.

Also, the one dude on ATS who was bragging about being a land nav expert since he had his Ranger Badge
- really a “ranger badge” – no ranger refers to the TAB as a badge… :LOL:

That all BS I served 24 years 17 in Special Operations - service records are available with a FOIA and name one can get rank, schools, even tour dates. Yes there are some special mission units that will show as 1st SOCOM without further designation but being in SOCOM is not a big secret. All my tours are on my DD214 - nothing secret about where you went just what you did.

There is a friggin photo of Q course graduation in the Fayetteville Times – at least there used to be. Actually, while earning a SF Tab is hard – it’s not all that “special” in the community. It’s only the first step of many to doing anything of consequence operationally. Sort of like having a degree in management gets one in the door – actually demonstrating proficiency gets one assigned or picked for difficult tasks.

Anyway, graduates names are listed in the Paraglide (Fort Bragg's post newspaper). Now operational specifics - we don't even ask each other since we know better. We BS about the Q course and shared difficult nature of the profession or the #tiness of various places but no specifics really.

new topics

top topics

join