It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camo Dudes walkie frecuency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nobody can't get the radio frequency in which are operating the camo dudes to see what saying to each other? I hear they are in a encrypted frequency , ie, a radio frequency which can not be accessed, any of you know or have tried to find out in which type of radio frequency are they located?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

you are sketchy. try a scanner....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

I would say the frequencies they use can be accessed, but wouldn't honestly be shocked to find out that their transmissions might in fact be encrypted, as I'd imagine this isn't too terribly expensive given the owners of the sites they guard, and the nature of these sites would also make it seem likely for additional security.

So - find the frequency with a scanner if you want - good like identifying the chatter, though, let alone decrypting it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Even if you found their frequency and decrypted it i doubt that they talk much on them. They aint gonna tell you where ET is anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
But theoretically one could sit in a listen to the way they communicate and learn to how respond when they respond to you trespassing

At some point keeping secrets become to dangerous, even for those keeping them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
New guy here

anyways I doubt the Camo dudes know much about what they are "defending"

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And what do you think they are saying??? 'Hey you know this alien base here underground, did you see the dead body, and the one that was alive and talked and he was so real when seen!'

No... it will be 'what's up, im gonna stay here, whatever dude' ...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Use a frequency counter or buy a scanner with such function as "close call".
You could leave it running in your pocket and go and ask them the time and voila you have the frequency.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Groom Lake uses an old EDACS trunk radio system with voice channel DES encryption. I managed to get a shot of one of the radios and identified it as a GE MRK. The trunk control channel is not encrypted, which goes to show you how old the system is. All the frequencies are known. You can look them up on radioreference.com. Some of the locations for the transmitters on radioreference are not correct, not that it matters much.

With encryption on the voice channel, about all you can do is "traffic analysis" on the talk groups. Traffic analysis is generally the first step in SIGINT, though for Groom Lake, it is also the last step due to encryption. Basically you can log the time that the trunk groups are used, or even particular radios. Presumably unusual chatter might mean a test is about to take place, but I haven't found that to be the case. That is, I never found a correlation between trunk radio traffic and an aircraft mission channel being in use, but my sampling has been very limited since I don't live by the range. For highly secure communications, you always use the radio frequency even if you have nothing to say. That is, periodic chatter on the frequency defeats traffic analysis. [I'm told much of the EAS on GHFC is just coded BS messaged just to keep everyone trained on the system, and also to defeat traffic analysis.]

The decoded talk groups look like this:

;VER=3 ;ID_hex,COLOR_dec,PRIO_dec,TITLE_str,LASTNOTED_hex,HITS_hex,USAGE_hex,ID_dec,ID_str,LASTNOTED_mm/dd/yyyy,LASTNOTED_hh:mm
0142,7,0,"?",4300944d,0,0,322,#0142,08/15/2005,09:10 014e,7,0,"?",43007c46,2,4,334,#014E,08/15/2005,07:28
0155,7,0,"?",43009285,0,0,341,#0155,08/15/2005,09:03 0181,7,0,"?",43007a89,0,0,385,#0181,08/15/2005,07:20
0182,7,0,"?",43009532,20,4,386,#0182,08/15/2005,09:14 0185,7,0,"?",430093b3,f,4,389,#0185,08/15/2005,09:08
0313,7,0,"?",430080f5,0,0,787,#0313,08/15/2005,07:48 0314,7,0,"?",430094cf,1c,4,788,#0314,08/15/2005,09:12
032f,7,0,"?",4300949a,0,0,815,#032F,08/15/2005,09:11

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone living in Rachel with enough technical skill to monitor the system for a long enough period to prove conclusively if traffic analysis is useful or not.

Now the presence of this EDACS system at Base Camp and Nellis proved conclusively that those facilities are associated with Groom Lake. Thus identifying the parameters of the control channel is useful, which of course is why they use encrypted control channels for facilities with really tight security. The fact Groom uses this junky EDACS system shows that they don't have the mythical unlimited budget the armchair googlers believe, or the users of the trunk system aren't all that important. Maintaining those old radios is a total pain since the programming software runs on DOS using a real serial port and a klunky RIB (radio interface box). Thus you need to keep an old PC alive for programming.

Nellis is also a user of a P-16 trunk radio system shared with the Nevada Test Site. There is no encryption on the control channel, and the voice channels are not encrypted either. Groom Lake, to the best of my knowledge, has never used the P-16 system.

Recently a P-25 system has shown up at the range.Actually two P-25 systems, but one is part of the the 380MHz emergency system the DoD is setting up. The federal band P-25 system is transmitting messages from "bird dog", which is the operations callsign for the Nevada Test Site. The P-25 system has interference from the P-16 system. Thus my suspicion is the P-16 system is going to be replaced with the P-25 system. Nellis has been buying AES encrypted P-25 radios. Edwards has gone P-25 too, but I haven't had a chance to listen to the system to see if it has encrypted users.

Steve Medlin (rancher near Groom Lake) has a simple FM radio that he can talk to the camo dudes on. I met someone who got a ride with Medlin across the border at Bald Mountain. Basically Medlin tells the base he is crossing the border. That way the don't have to send the camo dudes. [Again, proof the base security isn't all that tight at the border.] The frequency used by Medlin is unknown, at least by me.

There are recordings of the camo dudes from the days prior to the trunk system. If you read the old Glenn Campbell "Desert Rat" newsletters, he noted that the camo dudes said he was at K-Mart when he first went on Freedom Ridge.[A tip of the hat to Glenn, the person that put Groom Lake on the map.]

edit on 8-9-2012 by gariac because: Fixed wrap issue in quoted text

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just FYI, they are now using the Motorola APX radio in P25 phase 2 TDMA mode.

With DES-OFB encryption.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
Use a frequency counter or buy a scanner with such function as "close call".
You could leave it running in your pocket and go and ask them the time and voila you have the frequency.

Ok..I don't do this much...but..lmao@ your comment. I guess it's that time of day where it's ez to tickle my funnyBone. LoL

I pictured this guy actually walking up to them and saying..." hi" ( stamper, cough, awkward)
Before he can get out.." hey....u got th..."

Splat!

lol

Thanks dear, I needed that after the news today...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Wow..you would think they would be smart enough to hide the model walkie they're using? But as you said.....(lol I can't repeat all that) lets just say...I agree....ha

I'm thinking spy movies and all that, along w/ area 51....secret...doesn't exsist....so I would think they would be all James bond....lol

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CovertOperator

Just FYI, they are now using the Motorola APX radio in P25 phase 2 TDMA mode.

Who exactly is "they". The EDACS system is still running. Nellis/NNSS is using AES-256 encryption based on their radio purchases.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

They = Security personnel in the pick up trucks working at Area 51.
They = Security personnel at Nellis.

I have seen the radios they use. I have spoken with those personnel myself.
The system you spoke of I'm sure is in use as is other systems DoD wide also.
The government does not utilize just a single EDACS system, there are many varying systems that are in use.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CovertOperator

Groom security != Nellis security.

I haven't monitored the P25 system near Nellis, but I can tell you it isn't used much yet in the range. All you hear on it are the net announcements for the NNSS.

I am very sure at some point the EDACS and P16 system will be gone, then everyone will be on the P25 system. Edwards has gone P25, though I haven't monitored this first hand.

Base Camp was still on EDACS when I was there about two months ago.

Incidentally, reading the solicitations, Edwards has a microwave link on Rogers Peak. I don't have enough of the sites to figure out the path of the system, but it wouldn't surprise me if Edwards and Groom could be linked on a private microwave chain.

new topics

top topics

join