It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire At Texas Refinery

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"The cause of the fire was not immediately determined but was initially linked to a possible failure of a pump seal, according to broadcast reports. The fire was apparently confined to a gasoline storage tank."

I guess we can get ready for another ga$ increase:

sanjose.bizjournals.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I know this wont have an effect here but it may spike a 2 cent increase in pump prices in California. Considering California is paying the highest price for gas in the US at about 2.30 a gallon or so compared to about 1.80 here, it shouldn't matter much, what's two cent's more.

Really though, these small problems added together are really starting to affect the ole' pocketbook. China (not such a small problem) using more oil, production in the gulf slowed by mother nature, refinery fires, Iraq, other governments' problems, blah blah...

I know we still have cheaper gas than most places on earth but it is really starting to hit home. Welcome to the real world I suppose!

LL1

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The ga$ prices are killing our pocket$ here in NY...
I do an avg of 1,200 miles a month, and there are talks of Ga$
reaching $100.00 a barrel.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think it'll reach 75.00. I dont think it will be long before it's 3.00. That's life in the big city. I drove 280 miles on calls yesterday. Passed it along to the customer.

join