It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EU without a doubt is Mystery/Whore Babylon!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i personally believed that America was the Whore Babylon until i read that article. Didn't you read the part about the EU isolating Isreal because there definition of World Peace is different from Isreals? Maybe the U.S. is the country that destroys the EU, and maybe we are the rivals to the north of the EU... if you looked at a world map back in those days, the world being flat, the U.S. would be ABOVE the E.U. Me being an American, i may be a little biased, but some of you may be wishing, or just wanting something important like that to happen here. I will just keep my eyes open and see if more similar events happen here or in the E.U. I will not say that the E.U. HAS to be the place, nor will i say the U.S. does, but i believe at this current point, that the E.U. will

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi there to the last commentar. I read your take on the topic, that the Eu has to be babylon or the whore of revelation, and the endtimes, but there I have to disagree, with you, the fact of the matter, you are seemly stuck with the preoccupatio, from an american view, that anyone against nation is babylon. Let me state again, that the antion of isreal, has little to do with, the central endtimes, conflict. One the central endtimes conflict has to do with the iuniversal battle of Christ versus Satan, which started, in heaven, if you read the symbolic, as well passage in revelation chapter 12, you will see, what i am talking about. The dragon, is symbolised as Devil, the woman, Mary, and the child jesus. By the way, this occured, anbd now the dragon, wants to make war with her seed the church. anyway, we have to define what is Babylon, and who is Babylon. of course we all know at the time that Babylon of the old was ruled by the great King Nebucnezzar. Now what the bible now is referring to, in the endtime is Babylon, right now. Now we have to read the texts into (or the scriptual reference of the endtime Babylon, identifying marks.

1.`` For thy emrchants were the great men of the earth; for by their sorceries were all men decieved``. part, of Revelation 18:23. Now hear this It is referring to babylon's merchants, businessmen, and men of great power. Now no time , right now has Europe, any men of such power, wealth and influence than american great statesmen, as well as powerful, rich businessmen.

2. if we read the whole passage of revelation 18, we will see that this power,is considered to be a great buyer of goods. Meaning it buys or imports goods from all over the world. who deos that, not the eu. america does. It is the world's largest consumer market.

3. another thing about this babylon , her identifying mark, mention in the bible, i think is in Isiah, is her symbol, as the eagle. woe to the land shadowing with wings.........

america has the symbol of the bald eagle, as it symbol, or coat of arms. eu has 12-13 stars as it s symbol.

4. if we read daniel, and his vision of the four great beasts, we will see the rise of the bear, the leapord. and also the fourth beats or power that was exceedinly dreadful.

anyway, the sentiments expressed by so many americans , that the eu is babylon of revelation, is a reflection of the foreign policy thinking of most americans, and the self denial, that their beloved country could be the dreadful endtime power. But they have to look, research,a dn READ, and they will see the truth.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I will never, never understand why people post titles saying..".with proof"......unless it is to assure people will read it, or for points thinking a lot of people will reply....no one can prove anything like that, so it has to be one of the afore mentioned...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
well i do have my eye on the way above top secret board
just kidding... or am i?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
... and for all of us who don't believe the end of the world is comming, I suggest a nice vacation to Europe, the black forest is beautiful in Fall, and the ski season is kicking off in the Alps.

Come on, people neither the EU or the USA is mentioned in the bible. Much like those who have come before, people fit the current world into the vague mould of Revelation. It was old in the year 1600, it was older in the industrial revolution and it's getting bloody annoying now.

The world hasn't ended yet, no matter how many people were convinced it was going to, and I have yet to see any conclusive evidence that it's going to any time soon, much less in the way that the fundamentalist Christians little "End Times" garbage says it will.

So, I'll see you all on the Autobahn or relaxing in Paris.

Au Revoir
~Astral

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just because it's not mention by name it's not in prophecy........ they are......
check daniel, and revelation,before comming to conclusions

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
my only point in this is that the EU is not a nation.....its a collection of member states who have agreed certain economic and political co-operation to better compete in the globalised market. IT IS NOT A NATION!

I will be damned if you call me a 'European'....I'm 100% ENGLISH and will never be european....no matter what anyone says.

The fact that you have to 'interpret' this and 'think about' that leaves it open to criticism, The bible is non-falsifiable.....that is you cannot prove its right and you cannot prove its wrong......it is entirely subjective and cannot be used as 'evidence' or 'prophecy'.

How can you seriously think that the bible relates to the current geo-political set up of the world today??

Honestly....its like saying: 'ooh look at that cloud....that one over there...don't you think it looks like a teddy bear?? maybe that signifies that the world is going to become a slave to Capitalism and companies that make teddy bears will rule' .......come on people

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How in the world was that proof of anything??? I'm completely puzzled as to how you can think that that article, that that action, means that the political entity called the 'EU' is actually what the bible refers to when it says 'the whore of babylon'

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
listen... i regreted saying with proof ever since i put it up there, i am sorry if you have been fooled into reading this because of that, it was a dumb move on my part.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you can edit the title of the thread by editiing the subject line in the first post. that'd probably be a good idea if you aren't trying to make people think that there is more to the post than there is.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Jerimiah 51 vs 13.`` Oh thou that dwellest among many waters, abundant in treasures, thine end is come, and the measure of thy covetousness...............)

Pulling a world map, we have the EU the countries of the european Unioun sits or comprises of a large land mass, only the uk, islets are separated from the continent. russia which isn;t part of the eu,, has a large land mass and is surronded by the Central asian countries, that's why they could of marched right across to afghanistan, in the 80's. No large bodies of water surround the eu. as far as I know. And yes it was predicted in Daniel, that remnants of the Roman empire will gather again together in the end, to fortify a union, of political, and economic strength, but as the image of Nebucanezzar, (vision) they will be partly strong , partly broken, (never agreeing on some issues) (is this a way to build a superpower?) But yes they will have political strength, and economical strenght, but will not fulfill prophecy as Babylon/whore.

Iraq: as far as I know, geographically speaking Iraq is landlocked. And it is not surrounded by water? Iran , Syria, Jordan, Saudia Arabia, and turkey, trap this huge , barren country.

America: surrounded by Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Gulf Of mexico. You can see where I am heading.

Jerimah 51:20: Thou art my battle ax, and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces nations, and with thee wil I destroy Kingdoms.

From world war 11 - 2004 A.d America has waged war with over 100 nations. Crushing Kingdoma and Nations.

So: Conclusion On the geographical part of Babylon, America=Babylon.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
do you honestly believe the U.S. will be stronger than Germany, Britain, France, Italy, and Spain, just to name a few, all put together? Especially with the debt we are in right now... lol, that is just ludacris!

The USA's dept is really a non-issue. They are driving their dollar down so that they can pay off their huge dept... its a large scale econimics plan what involves weakening your own dollar which in turn decreases your own dept.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
No large bodies of water surround the eu.

Except for the baltic sea, the meditereanean ocean, the black sea the adriatic sea and the atlantic ocean. And it doesn't say 'oceans', it says 'waters', it might very well be a reference to rivers, of which europe unusually has many many navigable ones.

America: surrounded by Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Gulf Of mexico. You can see where I am heading.

The EU is just as much dwelling in the waters as the US is. I'll agree that the kingdom of babylon isn't surrounded by oceans, but it does lay between to major rivers, in a land that named for 'dwelling between rivers'.

From world war 11 - 2004 A.d America has waged war with over 100 nations. Crushing Kingdoma and Nations.

Many countries have waged wars and crushed kingdoms.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
~~~

i'm surprised this is still alive...

the Final empire-> as depicted in Nebuchadnezzars dream which was
'divinly' revealed thru Daniel....was of the two feet having 10 toes of iron & clay---> which was then interpeted by Daniel as representing 10 kings

the EU is comprised of 25 heads of state, not just 10 (kings)

so either the EU or the USA must, in the future, be a confederation of 10 (units)/(kings)/(nations)/

one could conjecture that the EU shedding away 15 countries is improbable

whereas, the USA, restructuring itself into 10 divisions (governorships/ regions/ states...?) might result as a strategy to sustain itself from the
worldwide assaults of terrorism, Jihad, et al...

after all, a cross reference in Revelations says something about ' 1/3rd of the 'STARS' fell from the heavens'..? read in here; 50 STARS represent 50 STATES in the Union...synocronicity here??

--> there is no 'proof', only conjecture, and whatever turns you believe
is a intended meaning....the resulting preparations you make, accordingly...
''noones' wrong''

.0048%

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just a lil clarification from biblical point of view , can someone point out the definition of Babylon? drawing from that we can reach somewhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Just a lil clarification from biblical point of view , can someone point out the definition of Babylon? drawing from that we can reach somewhere.

Babylon was a city where all the people gathered speaking the same language and sharing the same God and had the same views of society.

God didnt want this as it did not a offer the choice of him as God and so he sent them to the four corners of the earth making the each speak a differnt laguage so they would find their own way to God

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
!!!

going to the source: www.blueletterbible.org...

begin at 17:5....

...MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS .....

reading down the page to: Rev 17:18

"And the woman which thou sawest is that great city which reigneth
over the kings of the earth"

still subjective?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
!!!

going to the source: www.blueletterbible.org...

begin at 17:5....

...MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS .....

reading down the page to: Rev 17:18

"And the woman which thou sawest is that great city which reigneth
over the kings of the earth"

still subjective?

You will have to look in other parts of the bible for more info Revelation addresses Babylon in the sense of things to come more than things that were.....Revelation is Prophetic not histroical in purpose.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The title of this thread:

"The EU without a doubt is Mystery/Whore Babylon!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing in the original post advances this thesis at all, let alone establish anything at all "beyond a doubt".

The words "mystery", "whore" and "Babylon" don't even appear anywhere in the original post, except for the title.

So what gives? Why was this thread started?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The title of this thread:

"The EU without a doubt is Mystery/Whore Babylon!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing in the original post advances this thesis at all, let alone establish anything at all "beyond a doubt".

The words "mystery", "whore" and "Babylon" don't even appear anywhere in the original post, except for the title.

So what gives? Why was this thread started?

It was a response to a person who wished to know the meaning of babylon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join