It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweets of false shootouts cause panic in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Tweets of false shootouts cause panic in Mexico

Link to article

Mothers rushed to pull their kids out of school, shopkeepers slammed down their metal gates, and bus drivers radioed one another about streets to avoid after false rumors of shootouts and gunmen traveling in a caravan in a Mexico City suburb began circulating on social networks.
On Thursday, several schools suspended classes, some businesses remained closed and pedestrian and motor traffic declined notably in Nezahualcoyotl, a city of 1.1 million people, as rumors gained strength and began spreading to Iztapalapa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/8/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Social networking backfiring? Or engineered false flag event to create fervor in the populations of the world so that we can be led to believe that using an Internet kill switch is actually a good idea at times?

This story is either a case of unbelievable cyber mass hysteria, a testimony of our increasingly gullible natures, or another brick in the wall of the cage that is being built around us.

Can you imagine any of the major events of the past decade without the social media/texting/Tweeting/status updating aspects in them?

Can you see the future where disasters happen and, when you try to contact relatives through an electronic device, all you get is a 404 error?

Welcome to the beginning of the new reality. Ammo being ordered, minds being shaped, plans being made... and freedom under fire.

~Heff

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_TWITTER_PANIC?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-09-08-11-34-10]hosted.ap.org[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think it's a sign we are increasingly gullible exactly, I mean if you get some text or whatever a tweet is that there are armed people in close proximity, and this seems to be a very possible scenario in parts of Mexico, it makes sense that people would worry and freak out a bit. Wouldn't you?

It is interesting though that with our constant connection to others through the phone and computers, all of this social media, that the possibilities of creating panic would of course be so easy to do, but just one or two people starting it.

Cry wolf. Cry wolf so many times people get acclimated to it. Cry wolf when the wolves are on the prowl and nobody will bat an eye.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide The fraudulent party (PRI), PARTIDO REVOLUCIONARIO INSTITUCIONAL,is the one behind this actions involving the social nets,websites twitter,facebook and ustream,I HAVE NEWS THAT ALL OF THIS WAS DONE BY PEOPLE THAT WAS PAIS THE EQUIVALENT TO 30 US.dollars to start the riots and blame the LEFT PARTY lead by ANDRES MANUEL LOPEZ OBRADOR (AMLO),the sindicate of antorchistas(THE TORCHERS) are an afiliation to the pri and the have been several arrested and confess to the self inflicted operation.they even have a group attacking the facebook and sending texts to the children telling them that their school is gonna be next.......WE have a terror state in MEXICO CITY,that comes to ligth poorly in the news....why?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

The only "why" I can conceive of is that the people in power don't want the truth to be spread. Thank you so much for sharing these facts with us. Now a LOT more people will be aware of the situation you are dealing with! And, with luck, the things you are talking about will be discussed all over the Internet and will spread to the world!

I'll have to do some research, later on tonight, to see if there is more I can dig up about these political groups and the events you describe.

Best of luck to you!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Welcome to the beginning of the new reality. Ammo being ordered, minds being shaped, plans being made... and freedom under fire.

Heff you're pushing fear.

It can't be 3 ways. Either we allow
1) intelligent profiling
or
2) monitor everybody
or
3) exterminate known hardened criminals

But the political activists must have their needs met
The Lawyers must be paid
Death is politically incorrect, again a political opinion rather than a correction for a society.

Society has chosen to Live WITH its criminal element. Instead of removing the element.
eta: The hardened Criminal has somebody who cares for them. A mother never wants her son to die.

one key note: a perpetrator gives up his right to human existence by denying the rights of existence of others.

yeah, just a little black and white opinion
edit on 8-9-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I wouldn't agree that I'm pushing fear ( at least not deliberately ). I am certainly feeling some this week. Well, if not fear, apprehension and alarm.

I'm close to being an old man now and I've led a pretty violent and crazy life. I made it this far by having great street smarts and sense. I was always gifted about figuring out the angles and the snares of any situation.

My gut tells me that several things happening currently are a pattern and not coincidence. And, believe me when I tell you that I'd love for you to open this thread, six months from now, to say "See, dude, you were totally wrong!"

If that happens and this all passes without event, I'll PM you and ship you a six pack, on me!

But, between now and then, all I can say to you, and all other readers is to watch carefully. I think we're about to have another paradigm shifting event.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I believe our paradigm shift is due to a lack of care and participation from getting caught up in the Dream.
For me this becomes a political discussion. Libs pitted against Cons promoted indecision and lack of planned action.

every thing either gets over controlled or handled case by case........

Just last night I was entertained with the movie "Hunger Games"
When we live in High Society we get caught up with living large and leave the details of justice to someone else.
The someone else decides how to control the masses.

If we choose not to live with the element we only have to take action our selves.
Dealing with the consequences of living with a floor built with 2ft gaps?
Lay planks to walk across it or Fix the Freaking FLOOR.
Democrats Vs. Republicans doesnt fix anything. So planks get layed across the gaps. What falls through, yeah we live with those consequences.

In retrospect to the OP, I dont disagree, but with the false flag option

Definitely Heff, Change will happen. We could chat on about this, the conversation could get dark. In the end we see more eye to eye I think. I too have lived past half of my lifetime. My answers don't have balance though. They are dark. Is this a character flaw? I don't think so, but that's my opinion.
edit on 8-9-2012 by rebellender because: the usual suspects

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Social networking backfiring? Or engineered false flag event to create fervor in the populations of the world so that we can be led to believe that using an Internet kill switch is actually a good idea at times?

You wouldn't seem so out of it if you would have just asked these two questions and left out all your huge speculations!

Cages? Kill switch? 404 errors? New reality? Ammo ordered? Minds shaped? Plans being made? Freedom under fire? Wow, what a wish list for doomsayers!

Look, relax. What happened is unfortunate, but you have to cut down on all these knee jerk reactions. With the number of possible "scenarios" you listed, it's almost as if on the off-chance something does happen you'll say you were "right" just because one of them is bound to "stick" sometime in the future. But really, nothing to sweat about.

I'd wish people would stop terrorizing others with these ideas.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well there's definitely something going on there, as made obvious by this:

www.sdpnoticias.com...

So this guy basically says "social networks are a danger for Mexico"

Looking through all the stuff on the net, it becomes obvious that they (the PRI party) has had several issues with videos/notes/leaks on youtube/ustream/facebook/twitter whatever, also the left party uses social networks extensively to coordinate and distribute information the PRI doesn't want anyone to learn, so it comes as no surprise that they want to control who can post and what gets posted on the web, silencing the web, only tv is left, and they own all the tv channels..

So yeah, pretty much they're looking for an excuse to implement an Internet kill switch

Funny thing is, one person dies (one is too many i know, but..) and they want to shutdown the internet, 70000+ people died on the fake war on drugs, and they want to keep going at it for another 6 years!

edit on 9-9-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

A quick run through my posting history will show you that I am not into knee-jerk reactions. I am, however, a bright guy with a pretty good eye for patterns and social trends.

All the things I speak of are real, current concerns. Oh, and the reference to "cage"... not a statement about cells or camps. A statement that we are already sequestered into a social cage by ever increasing limitations upon our rights.

There are chicken littles out there who run around screaming that the sky is falling. I am not one of those. What I am is a man who sees storm clouds on the horizon and is staying aware of which way the wind is blowing.

~Heff

top topics

join