It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myrtle Beach S.C. Nightly UFO Sightings -- Hundreds of Witnesses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Caught a little motion. The light points are the actual anomaly...NOT the tail going to the right. These lights are elliptical in shape. They appeared in a straight line tonight quite a ways offshore. Two rows next to each other.

Nikon Coolpix 14 MP
No tripod -- see below
No autofocus
South from the end of Holden Beach pier
Approximately 7:45pm

By waxingpoetic75 at 2012-09-12

Okay...this is a zoom of the original photo which is below. You can see that I barely got the lights in the frame. It's difficult when it's dark and there's no point of reference. This was shot off the pier on Holden Beach in NC. It was approximately 7:45pm...just after sunset. I used a Nikon Coolpix 14MP point and shoot camera...cuz that's what I have. Facing South. Today 9-12-12. My partner caught it on video with a GoPro cam which I'll upload later. No tripod. I know, I know...we left the platform for the tripod at home...it's a pieces that screws into the camera and then snaps into the tripod. :-( We also had a mini tripod which promptly broke earlier in the week. These extenuating circumstances ALWAYS happen when you're trying to catch something important.

There were others...we thought they weren't going to make an appearance and then suddenly they were there. Another triangle a little closer than these images which I totally missed because my camera was off. Duh. Then these came.

The original.

By waxingpoetic75 at 2012-09-12

Video is forthcoming in the next day or so.

edit on 12-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

I suppose I'll need to see the video. Due to the motion blur, I can't really tell what this is.

What about these lights make you think they weren't landing lights of an aircraft? Like I said, I can't tell from this still image.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Great attempt. I wish I were there to shoot these things. I hope you continue to pursue. I would like to recommend, if you have the opportunity, to try to under-expose the shot by as much as you can. By doing so, the bright light might not be so "bloomed" and may reveal some more detail.

I can hear everyone scoffing at the lack of a tripod but trust me, I have been there at the right place and time without my tripod, the camera off, or the lens cap on. It happens. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Can anyone answer this for me. Is there a military base located around North Myrtle Beach South Carolina. The most North location of Myrtle beach closest to the N.Carolina border.?

Is there a map of all the mlitary bases in the area?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

This is a new video uploaded by Joe

It happened on 9/12/12

The video quality sucks but watch about half way through you see the string of orange lights.
edit on 13-9-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Good attempt time for this picture says 20:07:49?

Here is the exif Data for pic 2

Camera Maker: NIKON
Camera Model: COOLPIX S3100
Image Date: 2012-09-12 20:07:49 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 7.7mm (35mm equivalent: 43mm)
Aperture: f/4.2
Exposure Time: 0.500 s (1/2)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: COOLPIX S3100V1.0

Half second shutter speed equals a wobbly line.
edit on 13-9-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
8/29/12 taken by Joe

8/29/12 taken by Joe

8/29/12 taken by Joe

edit on 13-9-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Taken from his house 30 to 45 minutes before the orange lights appeared.

This is what a plane looks and sounds like passing by.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
oh thats nice for us
thnx for this information

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Taken from his house 30 to 45 minutes before the orange lights appeared.

This is what a plane looks and sounds like passing by.

Plane yes, A VERY SMALL PLANE!!!!!

How about some info on the pictures camera,make,model exif data post an unedited picture, location,direction facing etc.

Your pics look like aircraft landing lights!

Buildings in the view?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

There's just not a lot you can do with a point and shoot. I think it has one setting for like a 10-second shutter...that's it. Gah!

To reply to the "landing light" people. What we have seen are NOT landing lights. If they are anything, they are some type of flare. I'd buy that, but I know what the hell landing lights look like. They don't turn on at intervals for a few seconds and then just disappear. Also, there has to be a plane...which there is NOT. Gonna see what I can do with this video. Stand by.

Here's a map of military bases. Holden Beach is nestled between #391 Sunny Point Military Ocean Terminal to the North and # 259 Myrtle Beach AFB to the South.

www.globalsecurity.org...

To me, military is the only explanation for the strange phenomena. The lights do appear to be some sort of flare. The odd thing is that you never see the planes. There is also no trail or sound like something is being launched from the water or land.

This video sucks...I'm not submitting this as viable evidence. However, it does illustrate how the lights appear and disappear. That's about it really. They are tiny points of light to the left of the light.

edit on 13-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: added map link

edit on 13-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
SUMMATION REQUEST

So are we seeing two different things?

1) A few single-point lights in the sky, separated large distances from eachother, turning on and off randomly.
2) An object that appears to be three grouped lights.

Are these stationary in the sky or do they?

1) Drift randomly together or apart.
2) Shoot around
3) Disappear and reappear in another place

Do they appear every night, same place, same time?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
SUMMATION REQUEST

So are we seeing two different things?

1) A few single-point lights in the sky, separated large distances from eachother, turning on and off randomly.
2) An object that appears to be three grouped lights.

The grouped lights are different than what I have seen. To me, they DO look like landing lights. That's being filmed from Myrtle Beach, I think.

Originally posted by zayonara
Are these stationary in the sky or do they?

1) Drift randomly together or apart.
2) Shoot around
3) Disappear and reappear in another place

Do they appear every night, same place, same time?

The orange light phenomena my partner and I have witnessed for the last three nights have all been the same.

They appear suddenly. The first night (9-10-12), it was about 9:30pm, and we were getting ready to go in for the night when she suddenly said, "Look!"

I turned West and witnessed a large triangle formation of orange lights. These have an appearance of burning. Then they disappear. Flares? This first night, they were closer to shore, and the formation stretched over two roof tops.

The second night (9-11-12), we were poised in our chairs on the front porch at sunset facing South. This time, we witnessed the lights further offshore at dusk.

Last night, we witnessed them at dusk from the Holden Beach pier. I will try for more pictures the next two nights. I know what we have so far is shoddy at best, and it might not get better with point and shoot cameras...you can bet we'll have a digital SLR by next year!

The lights are stationary. They appear. They hang out for 5-8 seconds and disappear. No movement. No sound. No craft.

The first night, we did witness planes AFTER the lights appeared moving erratically up and down the beach at high altitude. They were fast and changed direction without any real indication of turning. White erratic strobes.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think we can conclude they are not landing lights. The reason that landing lights can be ruled out is that there is no noise and the lights are not moving..

I do not think jets or planes hover in 1 place for a long period of time..

Last time I checked jets make noise.

Any other more plausible suggestions?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2012 by gortex because: Whats the point ... its ALIENS

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The lights are stationary. They appear. They hang out for 5-8 seconds and disappear. No movement. No sound. No craft.

That's exactly what I have seen. I don't rule out flares but i have yet to see a video of a flare that matches this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Had a little more luck on Day 4.

Nikon Coolpix
No tripod, BUT rested the camera on the rail of the pier
8PM 9-13-12
Camera was on Auto with no flash since last night's "Dusk" setting sucked.

These are zooms. Originals linked at the bottom.

Let me know what you think! These objects appear suddenly, are stationary and then disappear.

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

By at 2012-09-13

ORIGINALS

img831.imageshack.us...

img819.imageshack.us...

img27.imageshack.us...

img84.imageshack.us...]

img84.imageshack.us...

img832.imageshack.us...

img829.imageshack.us...

img845.imageshack.us...

edit on 13-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: formatting

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sio10580

Yes you are not alone, Many many people on ATS have had "Triangle" experiences.

Mine was in Sept 1999 over two consecutive nights.

Slow moving, about 100 feet or so in the air, silent, the ones I saw (or one over 2 nights) had a strange light sequence. Large bright orange centre light flashes for 1 second, then a 2 second delay and 2 extremity smaller white lights flash for 1 second...then keeps repeating that sequence.
Size best described as holding your hand out at arms length, spread your thumb and fingers as wide as possible, and the distance between the thumb and little finger is approx the width of the craft in the sky.
I think they are ours...hopefully.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It looks like this has been going on for a really long time. Read the comments toward the bottom of this page.

www.topix.com...

Great video of them.

youtu.be...
edit on 13-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

The fact that it has been going on so long, in a VERY popular spot, makes it a tad suspicious.
edit on 13-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Are these lights always in a triangle formation? Do they happen every night? I plan on visiting the area next week so I was curious. I'm thinking my new digital point and shoot camera will not pick up anything at night over the ocean. I was wondering since I plan on being in the area. I would have been there this week but had a change in plans. I read somewhere here on ATS that the triangular UFO's were ours but still secret. I don't remember seeing any triangle shaped ufo's in person.

I should be able to get some good pics with my point and shoot if they fly over my location during the day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join