It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myrtle Beach S.C. Nightly UFO Sightings -- Hundreds of Witnesses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was in Myrtle about 4 years ago and saw a lot of objects over my week there from my 10th floor suite over looking the ocean. One night I do remember vividly had quite a few random looking lights zip around in odd fashion, i.e. stopping, then shooting up and then changing directions by 90 degrees instantly, then about 10 minutes later jets(in formation, not like the objects) took off in the direction we saw them.

I have seen quite a few questionable things up here in Michigan, but never anything being pursued by military aircraft.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Clearly this was just another Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon that skipped off the ground...

We can't be to hasty.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
OK, first off... I saw this post last night on the front page. I just had to reply, but forgot my password and id. I did'nt post much mostly read. However forgotten id didnt work, never got an email. So had to get a different email add. and re-join.

A little backround...I am currently working at an oceanfront resort but live near the Sc/Nc border. Having lived in the area for about 15 years, I have seen Chinooks, Ospreys, C-17s and F-15s fly also the commercial aircraft both night and day. So I am quite familiar with aircraft in flight. Seen then with the headlights on and all the different lights they have.... This is different.

I (sometimes with others) have seen some strange things over the past two years. I guess you could call them a UFO, I don't know what they are or how to explain them. So..I'll try.

First time, I was leaving work headed to the car. I looked out over the ocean and the stars as I normally do, but something caught my eye. Some of the stars were moving, heading south, very far away. I tracked these things for about 20 minutes. Looking like a triangle, not perfect, I could imagine it was triangle shaped thinking at what angle am I seeing this? It seemed to get closer and closer, then all of the sudden a bright flash (orange-ish) from the stars one after the other (about a second or two) . I freaked out a second and ran out on the beach to get a better look. It was gone and It seemed no one noticed. I guess not many people look up. Anyway they announced the next day in the newspaper they were performing military drills at night. I think it was a day or so after there was a report of a crash with one f-15 and they were looking for the pilot. I don't think he was ever found. I kinda wrote it off that it could be an afterburner I saw and the possibility the waves could drown out the noise from the jets.

Second time was quite different...I think it was march or may. I was in my backyard looking up at the clouds. there was a storm coming and the lower clouds were moving fast. For a split second I saw a metallic orb, like a silver basketball, perfectly round. It zipped behind the clouds and was gone. Now, knowing the speed of the clouds, I can only rationialize that it was NOT a balloon.

This thing, a couple of weeks ago was different. People were asking myself and others what was happening. Did a boat capsize? We're seeing flares. I went out to investigate. Now I would imagine flares would probably be designed to last longer than a second or two, I dont know. What was witness by myself and others was about 4 lights horizontal in the sky every second or two the one on the left would disappear and a new one on the right would appear. White in color. That event (I saw) lasted about 60 seconds, but according to others was going on for a while. I imagine a lot of people saw this. About 20 minutes later a military chopper flew by, very low (unusual) with all its lights off. As it went by I could see the green glow of the instrument panel inside as the side door must of been open. Very Strange!!

Anyway, judge for yourself....want to see some strange things?

Come to Myrtle beach...grab yourself a chair and start watching over the ocean on any dark clear moonless night.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wow, I just watched the Kiernan vid.

Ok, when he was talking about the flares and the coast guard having to land because of lasers...That was a week before the sighting. The newspapers made light of it trying to ban the sale of lasers. There was a capsized boat and people were found safe according to the news.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfrancis197
reply to post by CigaretteMan

My name is joe kiernan and i shot this strange lights video over myrtle beach, i have dozens of videos from the last 6 weeks. i have posted 5 or so on you tube at this point. i can post all of them but they mostly look the same. these are not planes,helicopters, flare,kites,baloons, etc. i dont what they are but they are amazing.

Can you post details of the camera you use make model etc ?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pearj

Clearly this was just another Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon that skipped off the ground...

We can't be to hasty.

I'm not being hasty, but the OP's first video looks to me like not much more than a few dots in the sky (i.e., it is inconclusive)

The OP's second video, which has been taken down, but can still be seen in the link below, looks to me like planes on approach with their landing lights on.:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Obviously dots. Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon's that skip off the ground cause dots in the sky. Duh.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Obviously dots. Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon's that skip off the ground cause dots in the sky. Duh.

I'm not sure what you mean about lights that "skip off the ground".

The OP's first video only shows lit dots in the distant sky, and some other lit dots on the ocean horizon. Like I said, that video is inconclusive. Those dots could be planes and boats.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Ahhh... I see what you mean.. So your thinking more like rotating, floating ice debris reflecting lights from a classified Black Op RC Quadra-Copter test?

Reasonable, I suppose...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Ahhh... I see what you mean.. So your thinking more like rotating, floating ice debris reflecting lights from a classified Black Op RC Quadra-Copter test?

Reasonable, I suppose...

What the hell are you going on about?
Could you please post something constructive and relevant to the discussion?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Reasonable, I suppose...

What the hell are you going on about?
Could you please post something constructive and relevant to the discussion?

It's his attempt a humour look at this quote of his

Trying to combine a combination of what these objects tend to be in this type of video in a failed attempt at humour /sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have lived in Myrtle Beach for 5 years. My husband and I see strange things in the sky here almost every night that we are outside. We have seen the blinking lights over the ocean and almost anyone around here that we have talked to about it that has spent time at the beach at night also have seen and wondered about what these could be.

I do not think they are airplanes because they would have to fly towards us and overhead to land at the airport a few miles behind the beach. Also, the strange blinking patterns and triangular formations don't mimic the typical blinking you see with the planes. The lights are bigger and brighter than that of an aircraft that is so far out over the ocean. (Although it is sometimes hard to tell depth at night from the beach) They appear at all different points in the sky and I am sure they are not coming from far off ships in the distance.

We do have a military base here right near our airport and I have very little knowledge about what goes on there and what type of things they are capable of. I see the usual military type planes fly over occasionally. I guess it is possible they are doing some type of training over the ocean at night but the lights don't appear to move, they just blink on... stay on for a moment... then blink off... sometimes they will blink on again in the same spot a few more times and sometimes they don't.

Two nights ago my husband and I and one of his clients were walking through Broadway at the Beach. It is a touristy area here that is not on the beach but has many restaurants, bars, clubs, attractions and stores and is full of people. It was approximately 10:30 at night and right above us where 3 glowing lights. The lights were big and orange-ish and seemed very close. They were in a triangular shape and all three of us stopped in our tracks. After only a few seconds they blinked out. We stood there staring with our jaws dropped open while nobody else seemed to have seen what we had. The front light blinked back on for a brief moment and then it was dark again. It is the closest triangular light formation I have seen.

Here are some other things we see and don't know how to explain. Maybe someone can identify these for me! We have a hot tub in our backyard and enjoy watching the sky at night especially in the colder months.

1. Almost every night we see a fast moving object, no bigger than a star and it appears to be out of our atmosphere. We refer to it as "space junk" or a satellite when pointing it out to each other, but really would like to know what it is. It always move in a straight line and is visible for the whole length of the sky that we can see.

2. Again, a light that appears to be out of our atmosphere, but this one doesn't move across the sky. It blinks. It is very bright, as bright as the brightest star. We have counted the seconds between blinks and it is definitely random. For example, I saw the blink and began timing it one night and it blinked again after 30 seconds, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes then 2 minutes, then 15 minutes, then 30 seconds and then nothing...

3. We saw an object one night that was like nothing I had ever seen before. It flew overhead from behind our heads and was only visible for seconds before becoming out of view over our house. It was sort of boomerang shaped. It was the color of the night sky and had a few dim amber lights across the back of it. It was very low in the sky. At an arms length I would say it was 3 inches across. It was completely silent and if we were not looking up it would have flown over undetected. I have wondered if it could have been a stealth bomber type of craft but really don't know anything about them. If anyone could help me out here I would appreciate it!

Before I go I would like to tell you about something that my mother and sister saw that is truly unexplainable. This did not occur in Myrtle Beach but in the mid '90's in Rhode Island where I am originally from. My mother went to pick my sister up from a friends house about a mile away. We lived in a typical New England suburban neighborhood with mostly ranch and raised ranch style homes. It was about 8:00 at night and just had gotten dark out. At a stop sign on our road my 12 year old sister pointed out something that would forever change my mother's beliefs in UFO's. Overhead, hovering right above the treetops and houses was a large cigar shaped object with dim lights underneath. It was silent. It was approximately as long as four houses and she couldn't tell it's depth due to the treetops. My mother turned her car towards it even thought my sister was begging her not to. As soon as my mother approached it the object darted straight back and then straight over out of view. My mother raced around the block but was unable to catch another glimpse of it neither above the houses or higher in the sky. It vanished! My sister was terrified and begging to go home so my mother didn't pursue it any longer.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've seen them in Myrtle Beach I recorded them one night and I think made a topic here on ATS about them. They move wildly and then turn orange.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Surely with the millions of people that visit MB, there are some professional or amateur photographers, and videographers? Why is there no pro footage of such a repeatable incident?

I would have all my gear rigged up and ready to go if I were there.

Reply to sio10580:
Satellites blink, get brighter and dimmer, flash, move across the sky like a moving star, they also can be stationary and still blink randomly. Usually, they are not any brighter than the brightest star. The ISS is probably the brightest travelling object. All of them move in straight paths if they move, and they can also scintillate. I have even seen them in formation. I also have hi-res photographs of them. The most amazing things that often throw people off, are the large scintillating stars low on the horizon. Look Northeast around 10-11 pm tonight off the east coast of US and you should see one. Capella will be there, intensly sparkling all the colors of the rainbow.

edit on 12-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Nailed it, except the humour. Several people I pointed to it laughed their a** off - but I see where it wouldn't be funny to a skeptic. It is after all poking fun at generalizations made by debunkers.

It's probably how a person feels who lives there, is used to taking videos, has seen planes in the sky and has an aptitude for recognizing objects - feels when they post a video and want discussion - then debunkers roll in with the usual dribble.

Some of the dribble is so bad, the debunkers are suspect - lending a hidden truth to the scene caught on video. They might as well just say "Please stop watching this video!" as a more direct approach?

The original poster of the footage then probably feels like it's a debate on how it's not a "Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon". How would you feel if you were able to recognize objects, and knew what you saw was not a plane, balloon, etc.. It wouldn't matter, your post would be rolled into a Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon too.

I'm not saying we should jump on each video as truth (not even close), but more dribble creates a scenario where things could be missed. For instance, I can imagine an alien shaking a debunkers hand on video, and the debunker, alien and video would all be called fake. Immediately.

Imagine the conversation back on the supposed alien ship... "Did you shake his hand?" 'Yes, but they don't believe I'm real'.. "Well then, nothing to see here.. Let's move along." It's possible they'd say the same thing about us, that the debunkers say about them.

While the stories shared in the thread by people who saw what they saw with their own two eyes, and the video w/ orange lights does not look like a plane to me, ...as already stated "It could be a plane, or a boat...".

It could also be a UFO.

...but it'll never be anything more than a Chinese Blimp O'Venusflare Gas-a-loon here.

At any rate.. I don't want to chat about it, I know no one here does what I'm describing, and am well aware you don't feel the same way (hence the humour), so no need to tell me about it. It's my opinion on the fate of this thread, based on each similar subject thread before it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am currently staying the week at Holden Beach in North Carolina less than an hour North of Myrtle Beach. On the night before last (9-10-12), my partner and I witnessed 3 orange orbs in a triangle formation facing South while relaxing on the porch. Following this experience, we saw two more orange orbs appear and disappear singly. This was followed by erratic aircraft of some sort all up and down the beach with rapidly blinking strobes that changed direction quickly.

After some excited Googling, we found out that we were not alone and that there are literally HUNDREDS of reports of this same phenomena. No one has a solid explanation. Very interesting indeed

This first sighting occurred between 9:30 and 10:20pm. We experienced a brief formation at dusk last night. This sighting was also facing South to Southwest and was quite distance away. Same orange lights appeared in what appeared to be a linear formation of about 4-6 of them. This was followed again by two appearance of single orange orbs.

We'll be on the porch for he next 3 nights. I will report back.

EDIT: I just wanted to add some additional info after reading the entire thread. Holden Beach faces South as does our house. The first night (9-10-12), we were wrapping up to come in for the night. Suddenly, my partner said, "Look!" I looked up and witnessed 3 orange orbs in a LARGE triangle formation. We are opposite the oceanfront homes. The night was very clear and dark. There was no reference point other than a lone porch light across the street.

This formation appeared to be over the beach...or out over the ocean a little. It was large...the triangle was parallel to the shore and pointed West. It stretched over at least two rooftops. I know landing lights...these weren't them. They appeared, hovered, and then were gone in about 5-8 seconds. The point went out first, and then the two trailing lights extinguished simultaneously. There was NO sound. There were no planes until AFTER. That's when we witnessed SEVERAL erratic craft. The strobes were much quicker than normal planes and they moved VERY fast up and down the shoreline. One was headed in an Easterly direction and suddenly doubled back. It didn't appear to turn...it was just suddenly going the other direction. During this time was when we saw two more orange orbs appear and dissipate singly about 15 minutes apart. By 11pm, the sky was quiet.

We saw them last night at dusk, and then nothing more. We watched many regular planes go across the sky the rest of the night. We can definitely tell the difference. Regular planes blink at an interval like: blink....................blink...................blink.................blink. The erratic craft following the triangle formation were like: blink...blink blink..blink blink blink blinkity blink. It was crazy.

Pictures and Video
My partner and I have consumer point and shoot devices. They simply don't capture anything in the dark. We will keep trying. Just because there are no pictures doesn't mean something's not there. We are not UFO watchers. She doesn't even really give a rip about conspiracy theories or any of this stuff. We are simply on vacation and have inadvertently become a witness of strange phenomena.
edit on 12-9-2012 by glitchinthematrix because: added more info

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pearj

Well most of these videos suffer from the same problem, filmed at night lights in the distance no monopod or tripod autofocus left on.

So if it is such a regular occurrence an I believed it was something unusual I would be ready to film it to prove my point.

So anyone on here and lives in that area and thinks it something special HERE is a checklist to try and prove your point

Camera make & model, tripod/ monopod, auto focus off, positon filmed from direction facing , date and time.

So who's up for the challenge

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Once I am able, I am planning on making a thread about my UFO experience in Litchfield, SC (about 30 min south of Myrtle Beach) back in 2009. I'm currently doing some research and have found I am not the only one to have seen this particular type of UFO in the area. Also, I find it interesting that the UFOs on the video are like the mini version of what I saw, or they are much farther away from the camera than they appear.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

We saw them at dusk last night, so we are heading out to the pier today at the same time. Point and shoot might get something then...they just aren't effective after nightfall. I'll do my best...photography is just a hobby and I'm far from a pro. You can bet I'll rush back here if I get anything! Stay vigilant.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix

We saw them at dusk last night, so we are heading out to the pier today at the same time. Point and shoot might get something then...they just aren't effective after nightfall. I'll do my best...photography is just a hobby and I'm far from a pro. You can bet I'll rush back here if I get anything! Stay vigilant.

Nice one best of luck remember time etc

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join