It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myrtle Beach S.C. Nightly UFO Sightings -- Hundreds of Witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
mis identification, optical illusions. these come to mind when watching so called UFO videos,
FYI , OP the second video has been removed..by user
I have personly debunk hundreds of youtube videos, why because I want to truth, if I have stepped on one of my follow ATS members toes and debunked something remember this :
I 'm here at ATS as well as YT for the truth. I don't do it to be mean or hateful.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like a plane to me , probably coming in to land at Myrtle Beach International Airport , there was another one behind it ...stacking .

edit on 8-9-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit and spell ....bad day

There is (or was in the late 80's) an Air force base with an active flight line in Myrtle beach also; used to be a squadron of A-10's there. "We" used to support that base all the time....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'll take a look at the night sky when I'm in Myrtle Beach. I don't expect to see anything. On one visit to the beach, I did see a fireball or a large bright object shooting across the sky breaking up into a million shining pieces like a fireball turning into shining bits of glitter. It only lasted a few seconds. It took a couple of seconds of my two relatives who happened to be out on the balcony looking around to yell at me and get me to come out on the balcony as well.

If I had tried to film the event, I wouldn't have seen anything. I'm glad I saw it. My best guess as to what it was would be a so called ice ball that entered the Earth's atmosphere and disintegrated into a million pieces. I read these objects are full of water ice and routinely bombard the Earth even though many people fail to see them. When the object broke into a million shining pieces, it expanded to possibly 3 times the size of the full moon as it went past it. Then all the shiny pieces started to fade away. This is explanable. I'll look to see if I see any orange lights.

I may take a look at my night sky sometime. If something is routine, I suspect there is an ordinary cause behind it.
edit on 9/9/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Witness Interview

Fast forward to 15:44

edit on 9-9-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

I find this intriguing, so much so I contacted Linda Moulton Howe, I am a big fan of her Coast to Coast show, Maybe she can shed some light on it, not sure.

Thanks for posting about this, the original and also this news video !

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yo forget myrtle beach, I live in Summerville and they've shown up 3 nights in a row, not last night though, didn't have the phone on standby but i do now so i can record it, i seen it twice, my sister and nephew seen it too, sjit is bright as f**k son.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Where in Summerville? That's where I am. I will take a look tonight.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

By the Hess and Burgerking off Trolly Rd, near the Karate dojo

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Well remember post info time, date, location, & direction you are facing

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yo check me out, idhl what they seen in myrtle beach across the water or w/e but these things were in the cul de sac, not far away at all, not really up in the sky at all, they got close for real

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I'm on the other side of town off of 17 North near Wal-Mart, but I'll still check out the skies for the next few nights and see if I spot something.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

word, do that

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

My name is joe kiernan and i shot this strange lights video over myrtle beach, i have dozens of videos from the last 6 weeks. i have posted 5 or so on you tube at this point. i can post all of them but they mostly look the same. these are not planes,helicopters, flare,kites,baloons, etc. i dont what they are but they are amazing.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jfrancis197

Please share your videos. I'd love to see what you've got.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We used to fly in there all the time out of CLT in the CRJ-900, and there was always military traffic miles out from the coast. Even down in CHS, you would see them out there dropping flares, which was always neat to see from 50 100 miles out at 15,000 feet or so! But military traffic, sorry to say, no E.T.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
it used to be that there were only two prominant aircraft corridores at the airport...
but in the last two years there are both commercial and military cargo planes that glide a couple of thousand feet up and follow the highway 17 or HWY17 bypass corridore (about 1 mile & 2 miles, respectively, inland from the shoreline)

the approach lanes appear just about in any direction lately...instead being from over the ocean or from the west as was the general rule for the previous 40 years that i am aware of

resource: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jfrancis197

Hi Joe --

This one (this was the 2nd video in the OP) looks a lot like planes with their landing lights on. Those landing lights could be turned on 20 miles pr more before the airport:

Normally, when a plane is on approach with its bright landing lights on, those lights are bright enough to obscure the blinking navigation lights, thus you don't see usually those blinking nav lights (unless the plane gets close enough). A plane on approach can also looks like its moving very slowly or hovering when that plane is coming toward the observer.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I know from the perspective of someone who's seen something strange, it's really hard to put into words what I actually saw, so for clarification, I created this animation of what my perception was.

The photo I used was a photo taken outside of the hotel room I stayed in. I was up on the 20th floor. This isn't (obviously) precisely the same as an actual photograph would show but it is pretty darn close to what I am seeing out over the water.

the third "light" I made fades in slowly because sometimes when I see them, they don't just "pop" on, they kind of flicker for a split-second.

I never see them move or fly around, I never hear any sound and I never see anything once they 'turn off." Once they're gone, they're gone. When I do see them, they're very brief and I would only see them maybe 3 times in any one night, so it's not like these are constantly there for everyone to see all the time.

I didn't post this as any kind of proof of anything and I'm certainly not proclaiming that I know what they are because I have NO clue. I only did it to kind of give people an idea of what I actually saw off of my balcony.

ETA: The original photo was a daytime picture. I adjusted it to give it the appearance of evening but when I was actually seeing these things, it was pitch black with nothing but stars in the sky. I do have photos taken outside at night from the room, but you can't see anything at all except the lights from the pool or other buildings. The ones I did try taking of these lights showed nothing at all.

edit on 10-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I did my first bit of detective work and found
jfrancis197 you tube account

Here's the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I live in the FL Panhandle near Eglin Air Force Base and can see the sky above the Gulf of Mexico from my home. I first started seeing this same phenomenon on December 12, 2010. Periodically, off and on...

NOW... first, let me say I do pretty much believe in "ET" (life elsewhere out there) and that they may choose to make contact one day - or not.

I also believed emphatically that what I saw beginning in December two years ago was UFO-related because I have lived here all my life and have NEVER seen anything like this.

However, as the years have passed and this has happened approx. about 12 times since then, it just seems more likely that THIS particular thing IS something the military is testing. Look at my other posts in here and you will see I am not a troll. I WANT to believe. I am kind of like the Scully character in X-Files. I am just starting to think it has to be the military working on something we know NOTHING about yet. It is become TOO frequent (even only at 12 times in 2 years) because it will last 3 - 4 days at a time.

BUT WOW... I can understand why I - and others - were confused. Whatever this is, it is different and wild. Ours too is near a small airport and those viewing are right - after you have watched planes landing at an airport all your life, you know what is different.

Here is the clincher for me, however, we too have seen the multi-colored "shooting stars" with "glitter" being released during this "show" as well at times. I asked a friend of mine in Special Ops if this was something the military was working on and he just smiled.

Again, I WANT to believe. But what you are seeing in SC is almost identical to what I have been watching for 2 years. Just sharing the decision I have come to after watching this same thing for so long. I do understand yours might be different. But your descriptions sound just like mine did. Your video(s) (some of them) are similar to mine.

So what would it be? Light drones? And maybe these shooting stars things are heat seekers when trying to find hidden enemy camps in war times? I don't know but it does seem plausible for the military. If you would have seen my friend's smile you would know why I am even closer to believing this is testing of new "weaponry" or surveillance. And HE is a somewhat-believer as well. Actually, a lot of our military here will TELL you they believe in ET and have seen and recorded UFOs.

But I digress...

That all being said - IF this phenomenon IS ET / UFO-related, I have to agree with the poster who said they are "picking" people. I seem to be the only one of my small group of friends who has seen this. Although, everyone in my family has seen it (as I holler for them to come out and watch) including my parents who (used to be) non-believers in ET / UFOs as well. But that is a whole other story...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I seen something similar. I'm in the army currently deployed in Afghanistan and a bomb dog handler (p.e.d.d). Anyway our predeployment course is located in Yuma AZ. Well we were on nights training, basically all of us with our dogs had just completed a 8k night ruck march to a detection problem located in a mock village. They only run one dog at a time to evaluate you so I had some time just sitting there waiting. I was looking towards the north I had my nods (night vision) on and I seen a formation of three lights traveling in formation east from west. I thought it was helicopters but most/all usually have a IR (infared) strob on them and these weren't strobing...and you would know it if it was on. Anyway they kept going over some mountains and that was that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join