It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myrtle Beach S.C. Nightly UFO Sightings -- Hundreds of Witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Yes, because I have the cash to blow on a camera setup that I'll use, what, once a year for this so I can put a picture up and no one will believe it anyway? Do you not read these types of posts ever on this site?
I go to MB for a family vacation, not as a professional UFO hunter to capture footage of unexplained lights.

It's the highlight of my trip but since there's no telling what it is, even with the clearest photo, there's not going to be much to prove. Standing right there and seeing it as clearly as I do, well, I nor any of my family members have any clue what these lights could be.

Is it that you don't believe it's an alien craft (which I don't either, by the way) or that you simply don't believe that that I saw anything at all?

I did have a thought that they could be someone flying a kite with some kind of remote light being turned on and off, but after seeing nothing that one time when it wasn't dark yet, I ruled that out.

Atmospheric phenomenon? They're orange when I see them. Who knows. But I'm not the only one who sees them.

National UFO Reporting Center--SC

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

What is really strange is when an event like this is supposed to be happening on a regular basis we still end up with the usual crap videos , when will we get a video from someone who knows how to shoot a video in this type of situation?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

OP --

Your second video looks exactly like the landing lights of planes on approach. I know the guy in the first video said what he saw was NOT planes landing lights -- and maybe they weren't, but we can't confirm that because the first video is totally inconclusive...

...but the second video looks like landing lights to me.

edit on 9/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So many sky things now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
doesnt look like a ufo
and if it is a ufo its probably military
not extraterrestrial aliens

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Yes, because I have the cash to blow on a camera setup that I'll use, what, once a year for this so I can put a picture up and no one will believe it anyway?

I see your point. A few hundred $$$ or a call to a professional videographer, the result of would have netted you potentially millions, you certainly made the right choice.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

What is really strange is when an event like this is supposed to be happening on a regular basis we still end up with the usual crap videos , when will we get a video from someone who knows how to shoot a video in this type of situation?

Never?

What does that tell you?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Second video is of planes traveling towards the camera.They appear to be stationary but are coming headlong towards the camera.

I've even seen detailed explanations on the subject posted here and elsewhere and they 100% show that this 2nd video is that scenario.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

A picture of orange lights in the sky? K. I'll think about it next year.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by macdad1
Second video is of planes traveling towards the camera.They appear to be stationary but are coming headlong towards the camera.

I've even seen detailed explanations on the subject posted here and elsewhere and they 100% show that this 2nd video is that scenario.

I 100% agree.

As I said above, the 2nd video looks to me exactly like airplanes with their landing lights, coming in on approach -- and as you said, flying in a direction generally toward the camera, thus the slow apparent motion.

the first video is inconclusive because all I can see are dots of light. There is not enough detail in the video to confirm what the witness said.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
!!!!!

I go every year and we went this year from 8-5 through 8-10. I saw them every, single night. I could not WAIT for it to get dark. I did have a camera and a camcorder but they're consumer grade and several years old, so they captured nothing.

The very first year we started going was about 3 years ago and I saw them every night then, as well. Now, it's the highlight of my trip and I can't wait to go again next year. What we see (my whole family watches them and no one has a clue as to what they could be) are round orange lights that just blink on and then blink off just as quickly. Sometimes I see single ones, sometimes I see a pattern, like a line or a triangle with up to 5 or 6, come on all at once and sometimes they come on one at a time and then blink out. Sometimes, they slowly fade out.

I've never seen one that stayed "on" for longer than 10 seconds or so and I've never witnessed them actually moving or flying though the air.

This past trip we took, the first night I saw 3 come on before it was even dark yet, it was dusk but still very light out, which made it even eerier because the clouds and blue sky were still very visible. I saw the light blink on, then another ,then a third. They all blinked out at the same time and when they did, there was absolutely nothing there. Just sky. No plane, no helecopter (which fly by all the time from a company that sells rides over the beach), no sound or movement whatsoever when they're visible.

I have no clue what they could be.

Anti missile flares?

Modern ones are pretty sophisticated and complex and can maneuver.

There probably was a plane but they can be hard to see.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Here is a much better video without music and the blurry sections cut out.

Its still the original video minus the music and swearing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My comment on the second video is, I really believe that object in the sky IS a UFO. If it is a plane, then where are the wings and the flashing lights that are located on the tip of the wings. It looks like the object in the sky was trying to communicate with the ones that were paying attention to it, by the lights blinking from side to side. Who knows there could be a UFO base under the ocean right where you filmed the object. Did you notice how long the object stayed there ? Did the object disappear right before your eyes or did it fly over head ? I believe alot of times when people zoom in on these objects to get a close up picture there is a strong energy force it puts out and thats why alot of these pictures are blurred. I'm going to go with, its a UFO / Space Ship.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elizabeth1
My comment on the second video is, I really believe that object in the sky IS a UFO. If it is a plane, then where are the wings and the flashing lights that are located on the tip of the wings...

The landing lights of a plane (which are turned on when a plane is on approach -- sometimes 30+ miles from the airport) are so bright that they obscure the flashing navigation lights. Those flashing nav lights could be there, but are drowned out by the landing lights.

It is quite normal for a plane on approach to only have the landing lights visible from far away. If the plane was closer, then maybe you would be able to distinguish the nam lights from the landing lights.

For example, watch this video and you can see that the blinking nav lights are not visible until the plane is close to the camera:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was just there, crazy

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
airplanes

i think we are seeing so many UFO videos and reports now because there is a whole generation of people with over active imaginations who were raised on dungeons & dragons and world of warcraft type games.

sorry folks, those are just planes.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Witness Interview

Fast forward to 15:44

edit on 9-9-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

If you see them or know someone who does get the following details time date location viewed from and direction the lights are.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Surprise.... they played the Xfiles theme while reporting the story. Killing me!
Thanks for sharing, always fun to speculate. I know one thing, if I ever see an unidentifiable object in the sky... instead of standing in one spot filming it, I'm going to let the wife film it while I'm driving us as fast as we can toward it! lol
It seems so many video captures of a UFO are always waayyyy out there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join