It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myrtle Beach S.C. Nightly UFO Sightings -- Hundreds of Witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This case has been missed by most of the UFO community. There has been ongoing frequent sightings of anomalous lights, seen by police, citizen,s and people in S.C.

In case you think these are flares ore jets watch this video of a pilot describing his encounter in 2011

Now watch a recent video and read this news report including an interview with the witness.

There is ongoing sightings on a nightly basis over Myrtle Beach.

Quote from article:

In July 2012, WPDE NewsChannel 15 aired multiple stories about strange lights in the sky witnessed by many people along South Carolina’s Grand Strand. Witness Joe Kiernan explained to NewsChannel 15 that these UFOs “did climbs, they went to altitudes, they changed directions that are beyond physics. It’s just not possible.” And according to Kiernan, these lights are repeatedly seen in the area.

edit on 8-9-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow, I go to MB several times a year. Going to pay more attention next time!

S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It looks like a plane to me , probably coming in to land at Myrtle Beach International Airport , there was another one behind it ...stacking .

edit on 8-9-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit and spell ....bad day

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Great evidence of something unknown, I wouldn't call it "spaceship" yet but I wish I could.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Apparently the Military is training there:

And in fact, it's "very common" for training maneuvers to take place over Myrtle Beach, according to Robert Sexton, community relations manager for nearby Shaw Air Force Base.

And they're not alone:

"After us, the Marines were in the airspace from 3 to 4 p.m. with F-18s" out of the Marine Corps air station in Beaufort, South Carolina, he emailed.

Source

It's a possibility

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
!!!!!

I go every year and we went this year from 8-5 through 8-10. I saw them every, single night. I could not WAIT for it to get dark. I did have a camera and a camcorder but they're consumer grade and several years old, so they captured nothing.

The very first year we started going was about 3 years ago and I saw them every night then, as well. Now, it's the highlight of my trip and I can't wait to go again next year. What we see (my whole family watches them and no one has a clue as to what they could be) are round orange lights that just blink on and then blink off just as quickly. Sometimes I see single ones, sometimes I see a pattern, like a line or a triangle with up to 5 or 6, come on all at once and sometimes they come on one at a time and then blink out. Sometimes, they slowly fade out.

I've never seen one that stayed "on" for longer than 10 seconds or so and I've never witnessed them actually moving or flying though the air.

This past trip we took, the first night I saw 3 come on before it was even dark yet, it was dusk but still very light out, which made it even eerier because the clouds and blue sky were still very visible. I saw the light blink on, then another ,then a third. They all blinked out at the same time and when they did, there was absolutely nothing there. Just sky. No plane, no helecopter (which fly by all the time from a company that sells rides over the beach), no sound or movement whatsoever when they're visible.

I have no clue what they could be.

ETA: I should also mention that I am witnessing these lights out over the ocean. sometimes tehy appear close, other times they appear way out but when it's very dark out against the starry night sky, it's not easy to judge any type of distance.

edit on 8-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: added something

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Now watch a recent video and read this news report including an interview with the witness.

Where is the news report? I can't see a link

Nevermind- I see it now.
edit on 8-9-2012 by JimmyJagov because: (no reason given)

Or not- I'm confused-lol
edit on 8-9-2012 by JimmyJagov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I thought the air force base had closed. I remember watching the jets flying all the time as a young child. I haven't seen those jets in a long time. But I could be wrong about the base closing.

Lots of fireworks are illegally launched from the beach, could they be a source? Unlikely, I know.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

There are planes that fly constantly over the beach, from commercial flights taking off and landing, to advertising planes to helecopters giving tourists a ride. You hear them and see them. What my family and I are witnessing are absolutely, without a doubt NOT any one of those things.

I cannot tell you what I am seeing but I know what I am not seeing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I have no idea to be honest.
The article I linked is from 2011, it was still going then.
If it was closed it must have been fairly recent I think.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's hard to tell what tiny little lights could be in the first video. But the second video shows planes coming in for a landing.

In the second video, the main "object" has three lights. Many planes have landing lights one on each wing, and one on the front landing gear. It "appears" to be hovering when the plane is many miles out and coming towards you. However, you can see that it is moving slowly toward the camera.

No UFO here. Just more planes coming in for landings.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I hate that airport. Windy as hell and always feel like I'm going to die.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like a plane to me , probably coming in to land at Myrtle Beach International Airport , there was another one behind it ...stacking .

I think so too. Have seen these so many times. When a plane is moving toward the camera it appear to be stationary just as this one is.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The pilot didn't notice, eh? He was just confused and brain dead.

Actually, it may look like it could be assigned as a plane or something by people who werent there and are trying to pretend who who were are brain dead and mistaken. But whatever it looks like when taken out of the context of the actual viewers, it doesnt make it so.

If you paint a picture of a biggish low laying light in the sky, what is it? It can look like a number of things, it still is in reality only one thing, no matter what someone's opinion is.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Well the light underneath the big guy are definitely from a plane moving eastward, but the triple light stationary thing.... Not a plane(s) in my opinion, when have you ever seen planes with perfect light flashing sequences like that? If they were coming in for a landing, the lights would get bigger and/or move.

1. is unidendified
2. is flying
3. Definitely an object

UFO! Great vid

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My comment was directed at the second video , that's a plane .
The first video the lights are only shown for a few seconds and its such poor quality who can tell , could be anything .

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not that I'm jumping to this conclusion for this specific case, but when a sighting happens nightly or almost nightly, it gives me the impression that it's something earthly and normal. Why would a UFO be in the same area every night? I could think of a reason or two but they don't seem likely.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by derpif

I thought the air force base had closed. I remember watching the jets flying all the time as a young child. I haven't seen those jets in a long time. But I could be wrong about the base closing.

Lots of fireworks are illegally launched from the beach, could they be a source? Unlikely, I know. [/quote

MBAFB was home to the A-10 Warthog ... seeing them flying was part of MB culture if you ask me

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My former sister-in-law lives there. About a year ago she posted a news article on facebook about people finding oddly placed footprints on their roofs, I believe. I can't remember exactly but I linked her this story because it reminded me of it, but she laughed about it.

I can't find any news articles about it now. Maybe someone from the area remembers what it was.
edit on 8-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I go every year and we went this year from 8-5 through 8-10. I saw them every, single night. I could not WAIT for it to get dark. I did have a camera and a camcorder but they're consumer grade and several years old, so they captured nothing.

Damn shame that.

So may sightings, so much time to properly and professionally prepare and video and yet...

NOTHING

I'm all caught up in belief.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join