It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Summary Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've only been participating on ATS for a few weeks now. The reason I, and many others, am/are here is to explore the aspects of the world that are not discussed in common settings like the media and school. Upon looking into the elements omitted from the common narrative, we find that secrets are extensive.

But browsing the forum and hot topics normally provides thought and discussion on small aspects at a time. When the big picture is discussed it seems to often be a response to one individuals perspective and vague.

So in this thread, I was hoping members could each give their summary on what the most important points are understanding the covert power structure. Is it the church? Banks? Corporations? Aliens?

If you had to explain it to an unaware person in one post, how would you do it?

I'm hoping a wide range of perspective will trigger consideration and insight for myself and others.

TPTB is the common term. So, basically, how would you summarize this elusive acronym?

Origins?
Composition?
Methods of control?

How to protect oneself?

Are they definitely a negative/oppressive entity or more ambiguous?

I'll give my perspective in a little while, I didn't want to put it in the OP. This thread is to be about group theory and not mine.

edit on 9/8/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Besides international banking and petroleum that are mainstays of the power elite perhaps the most lucrative and undocumented revenue source that put the elite on top and keep them there, and also perhaps the most effective in a grab for power away from the people to render them helpless to the system of ever-expanding and encroaching law enforcement, is the illicit drug trade. The flip-side is the legal pharmaceutical end of the drug trade but, despite it being extremely lucrative as well, is bogged-down in legal and accounting red-tape associated with any legitimate business. The illicit trade remains unregulated, undocumented, and with unaccounted for trillions of dollars.

Even though this top figure-head may have little to nothing to do with the current illicit trade, the Queen of England might be considered by title to be the head of the world's largest drug trade. Consider the questions the following site asks before dismissing the British Royals from continued involvement in this trade, with their American partners in-muscle today.

Link

1. Did much of the British upper class engage in the opium trade in the 19th century?

2. Was the opium trade ever officially illegal during this time?

3. When did the opium trade end?

4. Is it not the case that the opium trade NEVER ended? Is it rather simply a case of substitution between opium smoking and heroin injecting?

5. Do large drug-dealing operations ever get closed down internally?

6. Can anyone ever think of even one sizable drug-dealing network that closed itself down?

7. Supposing you think that the opium trade was wound up? What date was that again?

8. Was it not the case that the royal family, during the 19th Century, gained financially from the opium trade?

9. If the royal family did not gain from the opium trade, why did they let other members of the aristocracy carry on this trade, and them not wetting their beak?

10. With a horribly illegal, immoral, and fantastically profitable opium trade going on, could any member of it, so much as propose a windup, without fearing for his life?

11. When was it a good time to wind up the opium trade without bringing massive opprobrium on the crown? For surely to try and wind up the opium trade is to admit that you have been trading in opium right?

12. The day Great Britain wound up the opium trade …. What was that date again?

13. Can anyone suggest a plausible sequence or plan for Britain to have extracted itself from the opium trade?

You see the reality is that the Anglo-American shadow government never wound out of the opium trade. They are up to their eyeballs in drugs. And they have two drug money-making wings. The illegal and the legal drugs. The American cousins network has most of the coc aine, but the British still run half the opium racket. They cut a deal with the Chinese to carve the business in half. Which is why Britain has refrained from going to war on Americas side, whenever China was involved.

The ruling class, is the shadow government, and drugs is one of the businesses they monopolize on. The proposition that Elizabeth isn’t the titular head of the opium trade is there to be disproved, and not the other way around.

The tentacles of this octopus are found all over the world, and working within each region, sector, country can be found the CIA and other alphabet agencies of the US and UK. The rich elite have been in this business a long time now and continued prohibition with increasingly militarized enforcement policies are their way to keep the profits and selling prices high and their way to control the drug trade globally. The Drug War has nothing to do with stopping drug traffic, its purpose is to control drug traffic and make money.

edit on 8-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Interesting angle that I hadn't thought of too much.

Looking at American prison populations would further prove your point, with thousands in federal prison for non violent crimes at tax payer expense.

Every time I see you post, it's impressive. Thanks for the contribution.

Any thoughts on whether the power of the British empire could have been derived from a higher, more secretive, historical group?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's a very good page of summaries for you:

tvtropes.org...

With even a list of real conspiracies that happened. Such as the business plot of 1933, which was a plan to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt,

It's neither a pro or skeptical page, it's just a list of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thanks, but honestly I'd be more interested in the speculative differences among us than established truths.

Also, aspects of the conspiracy that members feel are under appreciated.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From what I gathered there is conspiracy in finance, security, energy and technology.
They all play out the same way by keeping secrets and knocking out the competition.
To keep us off our toes they spend to keep us occupied with sports and entertainment
and news of all kind and in science the conspiracy has isolated for themselves the meaningful
steps to universal power for themselves to allow continued oil consumption as the uber
source of energy and money and power. See we all know this from day one or at least by
instinct after a few years on Earth.

new topics

top topics

join