It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Transparent Creatures!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

OrionHunter,
Great Thread! All of those creatures are absolutely amazing to look at and learn about. I especially like the transparent amphipod, called Phronima, that was recently discovered..The fact it's taken on such transparency to literally try and become 'invisible' for survival purposes is an awesome tactic and example of evolution to me. Not to mention its very interesting looking! As are all of these creatures

Star & Flag! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

That's what I love about this place. those pictures are fantastic.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Orion Hunter, thank you for sharing this!!! It proves, at least to me, that we need to spend an equal amount of time exploring Earth, as we do the solar system.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Those are some incredible animals. Thank you for sharing. I love learning about stuff on our planet that is so unique. Makes me wonder what else is out there.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes, very cool to see all the creatures we have out there - here is something that opens up that topic even more, the thousands of microscopic creatures (such as in pond water) we usually don't get to see at all - take a look:

www.microscopyu.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Really cool pictures OP!

The barrelhead fish is really freaky because you think the eyes are where its "nose" is but then you find out they are actually in the head.

Damn nature, you amazing!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Great Photos. I wonder sometimes when I se things that seem to be new or just found if the future of man is not headed in the same direction.

A sense, a part of us, all of ourselves, becoming transparent without hidden agendas, only intelligent reasonable love, connection of what it is to be alive. No government nothing.

Sounds wonderful, but maybe I am just a dreamer. At least I am not the only one.

PS.. I wonder how many things have to shift and change within and without ourselves for this to happen. We may be in the process of finding out.

Great post. real mind bender

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Awesome photos. The transparent frog is just adorable. I know scientists have been breeding the frogs to be used in science classes in Japan so that they will not have to kill and dissect them. It just amazes me how some animals have had some seemingly strange ways of adapting to their environments. Whenever we find something like this that's new I always have to wonder what else is out there.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

We really need to start eating plants only...process them into breads and pills for easy consumption.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Transparent Amphipod

Called Phronima, this unusual animal is one of the many strange species recently found on an expedition to a deep-sea mountain range in the North Atlantic. In an ironic strategy for survival, this tiny shrimplike creature shows everything it has, inside and out, in an attempt to disappear!

What do they mean " in an attempt to disappear "? Does this thing become transparent at will? If so, we need to find out how they do that. The military will be all over it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this OP, those pictures are incredible. Nature can be so amazing sometimes

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
From my album "Weird and Wonderful Cephalopods"

"Octopus (white mode)

In Bonaire I saw this octopus in shallow water (1,5 meter) when snorkeling at the coastline. Allthough my camera (ixus 430) is tuff to handle in its underwatercase I manage to make these pictures. Luckely the octopus was in posing mode"

Amphitretus pelagicus

The Telescope Octopus (Amphitretus pelagicus) is a species of pelagic octopus found in tropical regions of the Indian and Pacific Oceans. It is transparent, almost colorless and has 8 arms. It is the only octopus to have tubular eyes, hence its common name.

The Telescope Octopus is an elusive species that has yet to be fully explored. It is a pelagic - or open sea - octopus that can be found in tropical regions of both the Indian and Pacific Ocean.

Interestingly, the Telescope Octopus is transparent and nearly colorless, giving it an eery ghost-like appearance. The Telescope Octopus gets it's common name form the appearance of it's eyes, which are tubular. They are the only species of octopus known to have rotating telescopic eyes.

Read more www.facebook.com...

Not an invisible cephalopod, but # me, I would not want to mess with it!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Awesome and beautiful. Thanks OP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join