It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians really want to Start World War 3?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Not all Christians see things the same way. They may believe the same things will happen, but they believe in different paths to the same end. That's the reason for all the different denominations. It's not like they had any clear answers to begin with. Even if they had the what, they didn't have the why or how. So they have to make their own answers, and they come to different conclusions that way.

If Bush really said those things, if he really believed those things, that is because he came to those conclusions on his own. It's not all Christians. It's one Christian. One very misled Christian. Even if OP has all of his information correct, I don't know if fate meant for that to happen. I don't know if that's the grand design. But if it is, we don't have a clue why or how it's really happening.

We won't know until it's already happened. We're the pawns, the underlings. We don't need to know anything. We're just supposed to be there when needed, for all the little menial tasks, and as long as the machine is kept running, our purpose is served. That's the job our leaders have given us. That's all we're worth to them. We are the chattel that feeds their important players and keeps the cogs running smoothly.

edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think delusion is the thought you were looking for.
That seemed to be the theme of your post.
Just believe in Jesus as your savior and pray for forgiveness and GOD'S wisdom and you will be changed.
In the end it becomes remarkable simple.
Love GOD love your self and love your neighbor.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

As i said before not all who call themselves "christians" are christians.

Matt. 7:15-20

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Because as always, unless we agree with you, we're wrong, right? Can't you see we're all just looking at the box from different sides?

Remember the eight blind men and the elephant?
edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

As i said before not all who call themselves "christians" are christians.

Matt. 7:15-20

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

And bad fruit Religion has bared.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I have talked to many Christian people who want Jesus to come, exactly the way they claim the Muslim brotherhood wants the 12 Imam to be ushered in...through war, destruction....in the same breath they profess being a follower of Jesus

When he returns it will be as the Conqueror and this is a fact. This is because at the time of his arrival mankind is at the brink of destroying itself, and those days were to be shortened to prevent the annihilation of mankind lest no flesh be spared and when he arrives people will make war on him and that is when he slaps them down with the "sword of his mouth" which means he shames/rebukes them. Imagine God showing up with a bone to pick with you and when he speaks you will listen wether you want to or not and he is very very angry.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yes i do see the matter of perspective on the situation.
That doesn't make you not wrong.

Just kidding you with that last part.
Your thoughts do not go unappreciated on my part even if it doesn't seem that way.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That does cut to the heart of the matter.
Believing that one is right does not mean that love guides them.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by talkinghands

Actually, it's men that bore the bad fruit. Religions are just tools of control, and they do what they were designed to do which is mislead people and lead them away from Hayah. Take away religion and men would still be killing eachother over greed, lust for power, wealth and sex and because they want what does not belong to them and are willing to take it from weaker people in order to get it. Do not be decieved, the end of religion will not solve a bloody thing, in fact it would make things worse. Men cannot change themselves, if we could do it we would have done it already.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
The ignorance in this thread typifies what we already knew society has decided about us.
The new mantra is : muslims are peaceful, atheists are smart and christians are evil.
Well done, your indoctrination has been successful.
Meanwhile, no actual studying was done, just of emotional epithets posited by "scholars" into your vocabulary.
I mean, for crying out loud, the one guy can't even decide what continent christianity came from

I can surmise from your name that you are an insightful individual so I will spare the platitudes.

There is plenty of ignorance in people who blindly follow those who they hold in high regard without question. Too many Christians and Muslims alike think the only way to prove they are right is to bring about a holy war described in the Bible. Christians would be justified in their hatred of Muslims and vice versa.

This crap bores me to tears. I say put them both in a tank of water and see who God wants to save. If they all drown they were duped to start with. Either way it would be a good start.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Western religion? What you have just wrote describes EVERY religion there is.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Where is the love when you just give up and let everyone drown.
I do see your point and feel the same way a lot of the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I think you might want to read your bible a bit more.
In no way does a person that follows Jesus want to aid in a war unless they are confused about love.

I have read the book on many occasions, and I am aware of all ten commandments, especially the first one. I am also aware that King David was was forbidden from building the first temple because he had blood on his hands. Somehow that lesson was lost on the thousands of men who have killed each other for the right to claim that very spot as their own.
Israel has one of the largest standing armies in the region, an army they frequently use to attack the Palestinians who have NO army.
Since I don't wear a uniform or plan on shooting anyone you are truly preaching to the choir, perhaps an e-mail to the military might be a better option.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Actually, it's men that bore the bad fruit. Religions are just tools of control, and they do what they were designed to do which is mislead people and lead them away from Hayah. Take away religion and men would still be killing eachother over greed, lust for power, wealth and sex and because they want what does not belong to them and are willing to take it from weaker people in order to get it. Do not be decieved, the end of religion will not solve a bloody thing, in fact it would make things worse. Men cannot change themselves, if we could do it we would have done it already.

A lot of atrocity's have happened because of the faith of religion like divine justice. At least your aware of the control religion has on people.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

A lot of atrocity's have happened because of the faith of religion like divine justice. At least your aware of the control religion has on people

Alot of atrocities have happened because of men using religion to further their own ambitions and fulfill their own agendas. Take messianic judaism and christianity. Jesus came teaching wonderful and powerful things, and a few centuries after he left, the inmates were running the asylum and began distorting what he taught. In truth the apostacy took root during the Apostle's time, called gnosis (gnosticism/secret knowledge) and perpetrated by people like Valentinus who threw a tantrum because he didn't get elected as a bishop, so he decided to wreck our faith. Arius was another one and Julian the Apostate. Just men with ambitions, take religion out of the way and the next thing those men with ambitions will have their hands in is the governments of the world and we're already seeing that happen right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

A lot of atrocities have been committed because of men and women afraid of not having control over what seems to be little more than a chaotic world in which you must eat if you don't want to be eaten. And the one who had the most people in hand, had the most cards to play.

The game has changed over the years, but a few core elements have remained, albeit evolved. And these core elements are the main cogs that we, the people, the chattel, are encouraged to turn. And that's all that's asked of us. But may all the gods above and below help us if we refuse...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

God has been stuck in a facepalm posture for about 2,000 years now lol.

Isn't it ironic that the philosophies designed to "save" us are the ones that are going to be the death of us all?

F#ck religion.
- that's my opinion on the matter.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

This all revolves around what is called Dispensationalism. So popular is Dispensationalism that Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind series has sold 65 million copies. Dispensationalists include the following mega-pastors and their churches: Jerry Falwell Pat Robertson Billy Graham They are supported by politicians such as: Newt Gingrich Joseph Lieberman John McCain Texas Senator John Cronyn Former House Minority Whip Roy Blunt Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay And others

Faulty theology in the hands of untrustworthy christian leaders is not a good thing.

So, what does everyone really think? I am hoping for opinions from each group, such as Christian, Muslim, Atheist...etc. The rest of the article talks about the connection to Israel, and from what I gathered, pretty much says that powerful political Jews are taking advantage of the Christians strong belief in the rapture or 'end times'.

1. In the minds of most christians, it all revolves around the modern day state of Israel, who they imagine is the restored biblical Israel. Israel has major prophetic significance. When the state was established in 1948, Christians saw it as a major prophetic milestone being passed and believed they had moved closer to the end times.

2. Another thing to consider is their (mis)understanding of theology. They have misinterpreted certain verses to conclude that they have to support Israel. It is for this reason that they ally themselves with Israel and they will cheer them on whenever they fight the Arab/Muslim forces.

3. Since its all about Israel and the middle east, there is another key player in all of this- the muslims. They are to play the role of the "bad guys" in the christian view of the end times.

The christian expect end time events to play out like an action film.
They see themselves as the damsels in distress. The muslims are the bad guys. And after some fast paced, explosion laden action sequences..... the "hero" shows up, destroys all the bad guys and lifts the christians away to safety.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It comes down to fact that there are different groups of Christians, just like with anything, let me tell you that anyone that believes that World War 3 needs to be instigated is living in la la land. There are those who believe in the scripture but have little knowledge of it, they don't live by the word, they are more concerned with worldly things, (like instigating war) which is an ignorant thing considering if the word is the literal fulfillment of Gods will there's nothing that can stop it,

Then there are those who had no knowledge, the things in the Bible are shown to them to be true in various, ways which leads them to the path of the realization of the finality of the book of life. That's why if your a Christian you better be studying the word especially if you ever want to understand the purpose of life and its to save your soul.

Just like an unbeliever will deny that Satan is real, (the real reason any of these things occur and the world is in its current state) when that couldn't be more contrary to the fact, just purely because they lack having experience with or realize the deeper wiles of the devil. Its not real to them because they've let Hollywood tell them what's real. A person that doesn't believe in the devil or hell doesn't want to be told they are actually doing his works and bearing the fruit thereof to find themselves there, which burns up like wood hay and stubble.

Exactly why a lot of things Jesus said was met with near astonishment, confusion, or probably blank expression because they couldn't understand, that's why parables had to be used. Something we need to get is why you don't cast pearls to swine.
edit on 9-9-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Just like an unbeliever will deny that Satan is real, (the real reason any of these things occur and the world is in its current state)

Just can't accept that any of us are responsible in and of ourselves for the fleshly temptations that plague us, can you? Is it so hard to accept that WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OURSELVES?

The things we do to avoid ourselves, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join