It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians really want to Start World War 3?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I came across this story and really want to view some opinions on the matter.

Millions of Evangelical Christians want to Start World War 3

According to French President Chirac, Bush told him that the Iraq war was needed to bring on the apocalypse: In Genesis and Ezekiel Gog and Magog are forces of the Apocalypse who are prophesied to come out of the north and destroy Israel unless stopped. The Book of Revelation took up the Old Testament prophesy: “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.” Bush believed the time had now come for that battle, telling Chirac: “This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

Personally, I have always thought mixing religion with politics was a horrible idea. My home country of Canada (I currently live in the South of Spain) has a clear distinction between Government and Religion. As does the American constitution that tries (unsuccessfully I might add) to separate the two.

And British Prime Minister Tony Blair long-time mentor, advisor and confidante said: “Tony’s Christian faith is part of him, down to his cotton socks. He believed strongly at the time, that intervention in Kosovo, Sierra Leone – Iraq too – was all part of the Christian battle; good should triumph over evil, making lives better.” Mr Burton, who was often described as Mr Blair’s mentor, says that his religion gave him a “total belief in what’s right and what’s wrong”, leading him to see the so-called War on Terror as “a moral cause”…

I find this entire topic a bit terrifying because each and every side believes they are the 'Good' opposing the 'Evil'. Currently it seems the world is in a boiling pot on the brink of blowing its top.

This all revolves around what is called Dispensationalism. So popular is Dispensationalism that Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind series has sold 65 million copies. Dispensationalists include the following mega-pastors and their churches: Jerry Falwell Pat Robertson Billy Graham They are supported by politicians such as: Newt Gingrich Joseph Lieberman John McCain Texas Senator John Cronyn Former House Minority Whip Roy Blunt Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay And others

So, what does everyone really think? I am hoping for opinions from each group, such as Christian, Muslim, Atheist...etc. The rest of the article talks about the connection to Israel, and from what I gathered, pretty much says that powerful political Jews are taking advantage of the Christians strong belief in the rapture or 'end times'.

During the early 1980s the Israeli Ministry of Tourism recruited evangelical religious leaders for free “familiarization” tours. In time, hundreds of evangelical pastors got free trips to the Holy Land. The purpose of such promotional tours was to enable people of even limited influence to experience Israel for themselves and be shown how they might bring their own tour group to Israel. The Ministry of Tourism was interested in more than tourist dollars: here was a way of building a solid corps of non-Jewish supporters for Israel in the United States by bringing large numbers of evangelicals to hear and see Israel’s story for themselves. The strategy caught on.

Let's try and be nice about this if we can - thanks for reading!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
westerners are crazy ... slaughtering each other over differences in their book of primitive superstition and who's imaginary friend is bigger... western religions and their barbarism will destroy the world ... they only know death... they're too scared to live ... thus they seek to destroy the world..

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
westerners are crazy ... slaughtering each other over differences in their book of primitive superstition and who's imaginary friend is bigger... western religions and their barbarism will destroy the world ... they only know death... they're too scared to live ... thus they seek to destroy the world..

Uh, maybe you need to brush up on your geography? Think you've got your continents confused..........

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

These religions that will destroy the world started in the middle east not in the west.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What people seem to not understand is that for 1000's of years Religion has been starting wars, Religion has been what countrys have had wars for, it by the way is not Why do Christians want to start WW3, simply because WW3 was started on 9/11 by Muslims, and with gods help Russia & China will destroy countrys that have been anti Christian over the last 4 years like USA & UK, as Muslim type Religion is evil, always has been since time started, people are not turned on by this killing people, heads being took off, women stoned, hung like dogs from cranes or tree's, them days should end, Muslim must be taught a lesson in love now, not hate, I know lots of lovely Muslim people, but the nasty one's spoil life for the nice ones, that is bad.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I completely understand where you are coming from. There will always be the 'bad apples' spoiling the whole bunch, and I completely agree with you on the world's woes....religion is responsible (or should I say its people?) for most of the worlds problems. Not because of the message but the messengers....

I really truly believe that Government and Religion must completely and totally be separated, there is a global trend taking place if you pay attention to the news and especially politics. I get a really bad feeling that a powerful (human) force is trying to throw the world back 300 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

No we do not want WWIII. We do want Jesus to return but it's a foolish thing to think you can force prophecy and orchestrate the end. The time of the gentiles is not over, and no one knows when it will be. The end will not begin until the full number of gentiles God has chosen for himself is completed and no man knows when it will be. That's why we keep trying to minister to people and convert them. Jesus did give us the signs of the season it would begin to come to a close, but not the exact day. Here's a map of the Magog invasion:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
One doesn't have to look very far to find the Texas Mega-Church Preacher named John Haggee, who supports sending funds to Israel to usher in the Second Coming.

Do Christians really want to start WWIII? ABSOLUTELY !!!

Examples:

www.washingtonsblog.com... -rile-them-up-to-justify-war-against-iran.html

The Christians haven't figured out that when one goes to heaven, as in Revelations, you are dead.

edit on 8-9-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Kiss the Christians good-bye

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by sonia74

No we do not want WWIII. We do want Jesus to return but it's a foolish thing to think you can force prophecy and orchestrate the end. The time of the gentiles is not over, and no one knows when it will be. The end will not begin until the full number of gentiles God has chosen for himself is completed and no man knows when it will be. That's why we keep trying to minister to people and convert them. Jesus did give us the signs of the season it would begin to come to a close, but not the exact day.

This is correct.
Plus, scripture indicates that The Gog/Magog war occurs after the church has already been raptured...
so trying to start World War 3 would be somewhat illogical.

Even with that fact aside, as Lonewolf states, you can't force prophecy. Certainly you can't force it on a global scale. I do find it interesting that all of the pieces for this war are falling into place (for example, who could have predicted 20 years ago an alliance between Russia and Iran?), and obviously there are signs in the media every day pointing to the nearness of this event...

but ultimately it's important to remember that the Gog/Magog scenario and the return of Christ at the end of the tribulation are not all pleasant. Obviously the return of Christ will be, but before He returns, 2/3 of Israel will die... and 1/3 of the earth, both man and beast. Is this something that Christians should be seeking to usher in? I think not.

...better that we spend our time, as lonewolf suggests, doing what Jesus commanded. "Go therefore, into all the world, making disciples of many nations".

time is short. We have better things to do than warmongering.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

the American Taliban

1. Introduction

“Only one nation, Israel, stands between ... terrorist aggression and the complete decline of the United States as a democratic world power... If Israel falls, the United States can no longer remain a democracy. ...Arab money is being used to control and influence major U.S. Corporations, making it economically more and more difficult for the United States to stand against world terrorism.”[1]

While many would not necessarily go as far as Mike Evans, it is nevertheless assumed by a large proportion of Christians in Britain and America that it is their biblical responsibility to support the State of Israel and that God’s blessing on them is conditional on their blessing Israel. Dale Crowley, a Washington based religious broadcaster, describes this movement as the ‘fastest growing cult in America’:

‘It’s not composed of “crazies” so much as mainstream, middle to upper-middle class Americans. They give millions of dollars each week – to the TV evangelists who expound the fundamentals of the cult. They read Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye. They have one goal: to facilitate God’s hand to waft them up to heaven free from all the trouble, from where they will watch Armageddon and the destruction of planet earth.’

Christian Zionism Defined

Christian Zionism is essentially Christian support for Zionism. Zionism is a political system based on ethnic exclusivity giving Jews preferential political rights which are denied to Palestinians. The United Nations has defined Zionism as a form of racism and apartheid. Nevertheless, in the words of Grace Halsell the essential message of the Christian Zionist is this: “every act taken by Israel is orchestrated by God, and should be condoned, supported, and even praised by the rest of us.”[3]
[2]
The Political Agenda of Christian Zionism, The New Heresy that Sways America

The Growing Threat of Christian Dominionism

5-facts-about-dominionism

The Bizarre Christian "Quiverfull" Movement Pushing Women to Procreate for "God's Army" Leaders of the Quiverfull movement encourage women to have as many as 20 children, regardless of the effects on their health.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Of course you do want it deep down, how else can you see the fulfillment (or shall i say, the following of a script set out for you to foolishly make come true) of your BIBLE, you know the book that says war in heaven and all the good stuff that you do not think still exists.

So you can see your Jesus, and all of the dead can rise !!

I cannot wait too see the looks on your souls, (already can see it actually) your higher selves are just as trapped in the higher realms if not MORE than here, when you realize this Earth here has been given power OVER what you could call Heaven.

Your heaven is nothing at all like any of you think, and is in a full-blown state of war that makes this place look like a 5 hour trip in a float-tank.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Many Christians do not think like you unfortunately. There are Christians in power eager to make the end-time prophecies happen,

There are Jews eager to have "The Messiah" fulfill the rest of the prophecies (which ties in with the Christian prophecies of The Reconstruction of Third Temple in Israel).

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Wow...thanks for posting.

Informative and very disturbing.

I should probably also point out that Pat Robertson alone is responsible for the rise in Atheism...you know, with all the 'foot sticking' he does in his mouth half the time.
edit on 8-9-2012 by sonia74 because: Didn't mean to post so soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The ignorance in this thread typifies what we already knew society has decided about us.
The new mantra is : muslims are peaceful, atheists are smart and christians are evil.
Well done, your indoctrination has been successful.
Meanwhile, no actual studying was done, just of emotional epithets posited by "scholars" into your vocabulary.
I mean, for crying out loud, the one guy can't even decide what continent christianity came from

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
What people seem to not understand is that for 1000's of years Religion has been starting wars, Religion has been what countrys have had wars for, it by the way is not Why do Christians want to start WW3, simply because WW3 was started on 9/11 by Muslims, and with gods help Russia & China will destroy countrys that have been anti Christian over the last 4 years like USA & UK, as Muslim type Religion is evil, always has been since time started, people are not turned on by this killing people, heads being took off, women stoned, hung like dogs from cranes or tree's, them days should end, Muslim must be taught a lesson in love now, not hate, I know lots of lovely Muslim people, but the nasty one's spoil life for the nice ones, that is bad.

I would argue that it's not religion or more specifically, christianity that has been starting wars for thousands of years: it's people USING religion to start wars.
I'd say the quest for money and power have killed far more than religion but there is one that is trying to change that,.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Many Christians do not think like you unfortunately. There are Christians in power eager to make the end-time prophecies happen,

There are Jews eager to have "The Messiah" fulfill the rest of the prophecies (which ties in with the Christian prophecies of The Reconstruction of Third Temple in Israel).

The Synogogue of Satan, the jews who say they are jews but are not. They don't think like me or my brothers and sisters because they are not us. Jesus never commanded us to make war and scheme the destruction of many peoples. Jesus raised up the 3rd temple 2000 years ago, he told the Sanhedrin he would do just that. This other thing here these "jews" are wanting to build is an abomination, choosing to ignore the second covenant and God's Word. Jerusalem is the city that slew the prophets and Messiah. The destruction of the temple was to teach us (his people) to live by faith and on his Grace and not rely on what was worked by the hands of men (worshipping the temple).

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's is called zionism and it comes from many religions.
Christians that understand that Jesus said wait for his return without forcing it or doing violent actions toward anyone.

It is simply an influence of satan and has nothing to do with labeling someone as AMERICAN TALIBAN. That will only divide us sooner.

I do believe that the idea of speeding things up has spread through the majority of religions and has taken seat as our vp in the us along with many other positions of power. So it is a problem that should be recognized.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
The ignorance in this thread typifies what we already knew society has decided about us.
The new mantra is : muslims are peaceful, atheists are smart and christians are evil.
Well done, your indoctrination has been successful.
Meanwhile, no actual studying was done, just of emotional epithets posited by "scholars" into your vocabulary.
I mean, for crying out loud, the one guy can't even decide what continent christianity came from

The old mantra : christians are peaceful, atheists are fools and muslims are evil.
all that criticism of islams extremist factions is nothing more than PROJECTION

The ignorance in the above post typifies the standard apologetic
of the typical fanatical xtian, whining about being persecuted for being xtian
[usually when not lending their voice to the claims of whites being discriminated and persecuted]

when all modern "persecution" is merely them reaping what they've sown
after promoting witchhunts and extermination of gays in the 3rd world,
usually in collaboration with the cia,

rense.com...

www.counterpunch.org...

Mass Graves, Child Soldiers and Christian Evangelism in Uganda
www.disinfo.com...

and then they are "shocked" and "surprised" when their victims hit back

for over 2 millenia institutionalized Xtianity has
hidden behind a facade of innocence, usually that of individuals

such as Francis de Assisi

to cover for their true goal:
World Domination at any price.

truly it is the whore of Babylon, "drunk with the blood of Martyrs and Saints"
edit on 8-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Derepent, here's the problem with your post.. It asserts that christianity has blood on it's hands for things that were never done in it's name.
One of the most basic tenets of christianity is "thou shall not murder".
For someone trying to disprove the word, you haven't even brushed the surface of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Derepent, here's the problem with your post.. It asserts that christianity has blood on it's hands for things that were never done in it's name.
One of the most basic tenets of christianity is "thou shall not murder".
For someone trying to disprove the word, you haven't even brushed the surface of it.

lol then you just sinned...

the above post

is you murdering the truth

by the bald-faced denial of history and current events
you also didn't read any of the links i posted ,
that's because you simply blank out any evidence that contradicts

what is in essence

a psychotic delusion.

even oral roberts couldn't give legs to anything you've posted here

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join