It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we part of one huge experiment or even a game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If we flip it around, lets imagine we are millions of years more advanced than we are now - we find a planet inhabited by early primitive man.

We make contact and, as part of our experiment, we give evolution a little push with some technology to help this planet out. Effectively playing God, we sit back and watch our little experiment develop over the years into a bustling intelligent little planet.

Quite happy with our experiment, occasionally making visits to the planet to see how things are getting on, but now our experiment has got out of hand. Our intentions were never for them to develop deadly weapons nor to begin space exploration programs.

Do we clean up our mess or leave them to it?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
you know the society you mention needs to mature before playing with atom bombs or whatever tech we give them

i say leave em be to mature themselves on their own

you know what they say

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
edit on 8-9-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You watch too much TV and movies... but that's ok, the modern world enables us to fantasize more

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Game Over ... Reboot...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Game Over ... Reboot...

I think I am with you - I think I would have it terminated.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

Clean up the danger these primitives have created.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
kill them all god will protect his own ? 700 year old line that one

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
You watch too much TV and movies... but that's ok, the modern world enables us to fantasize more

Einstein

imagination is more important than knowledge

Think...Create

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The animal is exhibiting severe aggression.
Aggression, particularly regularly-occurring, non-provoked aggression, in dogs and cats and even rabbits, horses and livestock animals is a very valid reason for destroying these animals. This aggression may be towards people, other pets in the household or other animals outside of the household (e.g. livestock killers).

Whether an animal needs to be put down after its first act of aggression is debatable and you should discuss the matter with your veterinarian or an animal behaviouralist if it occurs. Some instances of aggression only occur the once because of circumstances occurring at the time and may not require euthanasia (e.g. a dog that has a snap because a person stepped on its tail or kicked it); some forms of aggression are highly situation specific and may not require euthanasia (e.g. if we put down every dog or cat that showed aggression towards vets, there wouldn't be many patients left to treat); some forms of aggression can be easily treated with behavioural modification and training, whereas certain other forms of aggression only get worse with time and do require the pet to be put down (e.g. psychotic, unprovoked aggression due to various brain diseases).

Pet Euthanasia
We kill aggressive dogs all the time.

Now for the happy half of the post,

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

The animal is exhibiting severe aggression.
Aggression, particularly regularly-occurring, non-provoked aggression, in dogs and cats and even rabbits, horses and livestock animals is a very valid reason for destroying these animals. This aggression may be towards people, other pets in the household or other animals outside of the household (e.g. livestock killers).

Whether an animal needs to be put down after its first act of aggression is debatable and you should discuss the matter with your veterinarian or an animal behaviouralist if it occurs. Some instances of aggression only occur the once because of circumstances occurring at the time and may not require euthanasia (e.g. a dog that has a snap because a person stepped on its tail or kicked it); some forms of aggression are highly situation specific and may not require euthanasia (e.g. if we put down every dog or cat that showed aggression towards vets, there wouldn't be many patients left to treat); some forms of aggression can be easily treated with behavioural modification and training, whereas certain other forms of aggression only get worse with time and do require the pet to be put down (e.g. psychotic, unprovoked aggression due to various brain diseases).

Pet Euthanasia
We kill aggressive dogs all the time.

Now for the happy half of the post,

The youth in Asia lmao!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Game Over ... Reboot...

Only after YHWH formats His world and removes all nasty, cruel evildoers (viruses) first.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Of course, people are different than dogs.

If your scenario were the case and technology was inserted into human society by a higher civilization trying to help us develop, they wouldn't allow things to get out of hand. Maybe they were standing by stopping conflict throughout the cold war?

If you're implying that human civilization has failed at this point, I'd disagree. The nuclear holocaust hasn't happened and in many ways things trending in the positive.

The higher society sees things are getting out of hand, why decide to wipe the slate if they are on the verge of destroying themselves anyway?
edit on 9/8/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Of course, people are different than dogs.

If your scenario were the case and technology was inserted into human society by a higher civilization trying to help us develop, they wouldn't allow things to get out of hand. Maybe they were standing by stopping conflict throughout the cold war?

If you're implying that human civilization has failed at this point, I'd disagree. The nuclear holocaust hasn't happened and in many ways things trending in the positive.

Some one during this thread posted a video link - it was quite interesting. Supposedly "ufos" have on quite a few occasions tampered with and disarmed nuclear missiles....to me, if thats true, it is almost comforting to know that these beings (again if real) could prevent a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Have you seen Ali G before? That's Sacha Baron Cohen, the same guy from Borat and the Dictator. Ali G is my favorite character of his. Looking up vids on youtube would be time well spent.

Conspiracy, on topic twist. Cohen is a name that also appears on the commmittee of 300. Maybe Ali G himself is a member of the elite planning to wipe out the unsuccessful human experiment.

Your scenario doesn't just apply to aliens in space. Say there's a club of people who have developed superior technology some hundreds of years ago and are experimenting with "primitive" forms of their own species on their own planet.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Im sure there are reports out there of UFO's examining and even de-activating nuclear weapons..

But I dont think we are a experiment of sorts, life on earth has been around for billions of years, eventually a intelligent sentient race was going to evolve and plant itself at the top of the food chain, unless the aliens have the patience to watch homosapiens evolve technologically and sociologically over 10,000's of years
edit on 8-9-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The "made by aliens, as God is a fairy tale" hypothesis, is my favorite. It makes far more sense than believing the bible, which makes no sense at all with it contradicting itslef at every turn.

At least the alien hypothesis, is based on scientifically proven methods, instead of the most obserd story I have ever read.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think humans have already created something which will eventually evolve into its own
Intelligence and sense of being and be counted as it’s own species.

At the current rate of advancement of computer technology i think its only fair to say that with the next couple of hundred years or so we will most likely give birth to A.I and if we take Zachariah Sitchins story for what it’s worth just like the Annunaki created humans for labor so to we have created computers for labor .

Computer Technology are now such an intricate part of our world that human evolution will either rely heavily on merging with artificial technologies or when A.I comes around we will need to leave A.I alone and travel away from earth as aliens in the past might have done but still keep an eye on the beautiful creation and evolution they have kicked off. And this process could continue where A.I will give birth to another form of A.I.

edit on 8-9-2012 by soul44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow
If we flip it around, lets imagine we are millions of years more advanced than we are now - we find a planet inhabited by early primitive man.

We make contact and, as part of our experiment, we give evolution a little push with some technology to help this planet out. Effectively playing God, we sit back and watch our little experiment develop over the years into a bustling intelligent little planet.

Quite happy with our experiment, occasionally making visits to the planet to see how things are getting on, but now our experiment has got out of hand. Our intentions were never for them to develop deadly weapons nor to begin space exploration programs.

Do we clean up our mess or leave them to it?

Instead imagene that there are life outside earth that is filled with populations that have evolved their spirit to the state of understanding that Jesus and Buddha had (and many current people on this earth now has) that can connect to the whole of reality (the combined conciousness called god) and reach a higher understanding of evolution of spirit, evolution of social groups and feel the oneness with everything.

And lets say these people are waiting for the perfect moment when humanity has evolved enought to end the illusion of disconnection to the rest of reality/universe. Lets say that the population on earth has to ask for help for them to be allowed to help. How do you get a population to quickly evolve by themselves? Let say they/it/god/ONE came up with the perfect solution that involes choosing to put the right souls on earth for the task. Will you find any proof of the above statements if you look around on the internet or by readingsong lyrics or is this only mass psychosis?

That is for everyone to decide for themselves.
. It is from my point of view a school, not a game or an experiment. But there is a lot of tests going on

edit on 8-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

edit on 8-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think more that we're property, subject to trespassing laws, etc. We really don't fit here. And we really cannot be that uncommon.
Our egos are larger than our ability to accept anything outside the lukewarm paradigms we've been fed our entire lives. Being American I am at times intrigued by other non-Western cultures that aren't so based in materialistic consumerism. Maybe they still retain more base memories of focus as to what really matters, 'cause it sure ain't the # most everyone pays attention to. Wasted time.

new topics

top topics

join