It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing paranormal, ghostly or spiritual activity and need to talk about it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

This is precisely why I joined this site! Thanks for starting this thread...

It was last week when I had a dream where I interacted with my sister who we lost to cancer about seven years ago. Shortly after losing her she would appear in my dreams a lot but now it's few and far between. Details of the dream itself are sketchy. I remember her wanting me to sit on her (and actually hitting my head on a chandelier).

It wasn't so much the dream itself but the feeling I had afterwards. I felt as if I'd seen a ghost...and felt disturbed (for lack of a better word) for about a day afterwards. I still feel kind of weird about it. Anyway, I don't know if it's Freudian or if it really was spiritual contact from a relative but I'm curious what you think.

Thanks.

Roma Sempre.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I caught an EVP tonight, it happens around 8:59.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I'm more interested in knowing what that flickering light is on the left of the screen that keeps going away and coming back! Is that a street light? It appears to be in the sky.
Sometimes train horns can carry sound much further on a cloudy day/night than on a non cloudy day. Sometimes it sounds like the track near me is right next to the house, and other times it is at a far distance. Not saying your video is fake, but it could provide an explanation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by truthermantwo

I'm more interested in knowing what that flickering light is on the left of the screen that keeps going away and coming back! Is that a street light? It appears to be in the sky.
Sometimes train horns can carry sound much further on a cloudy day/night than on a non cloudy day. Sometimes it sounds like the track near me is right next to the house, and other times it is at a far distance. Not saying your video is fake, but it could provide an explanation.

it's a defect of the camera i was using. And the train horns were blasting all night, in fact around 3:00am they sounded as if they were right over my neighborhood for like 5-10 minutes straight. Darn..there they are again.
paranormal train horns thread here

edit on 21-11-2012 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaSempre

It was last week when I had a dream where I interacted with my sister who we lost to cancer about seven years ago. Shortly after losing her she would appear in my dreams a lot but now it's few and far between. Thanks.

Roma Sempre.

Hi Roma Sempre... Welcome to my thread!

It's really hard to say whether it was a visitation or "wishful thinking" dream as some say, without a lot of details. Even then, these types of visitation dreams are usually very personal, with locations, dialogue, or other specific details having a very personal meaning for the dreamer. It could be possible you had your sister on your mind, coming up on the holiday season, and you had what could be considered a wishful thinking dream - just to have her back again for a little while. On the other hand, the visitation dreams I've heard about are usually the ones that you carry around with you for days... after waking you just can't seem to shake the feeling of actually having been near and spending time with the person you've dreamed about.

I have to tell you, your experience reminded me of the first Thanksgiving after my mother passed away in 2006. That afternoon I was suddenly overcome with extreme sleepiness (yea I know, it could have been the turkey!) and I had to take a nap. All at once I realized I was standing in the corner of a strange room, looking out into the room. I noticed the carpet, which was dark red with black and a bronze-ish color swirling through it, like a marbled texture. There was a big dark ornate bedroom suite, and an open suitcase was on the bed. My mother came bouncing in, all cheerful, looking very healthy, in a dress she used to wear about 30 years before she died. It's like she was moving a little fast forward - not much, but just enough to make her seem speeded up a bit. I knew she was okay then after passing away. She was telling me about a party she was getting ready to go to, and she looked at me smiling and said, "I love ye." Then I woke up, feeling so much better. I just knew this was a visitation dream. I called my sister who lives several states away that night, and she had the same type of dream at around the same time I had mine.

If you can remember a few more details it might help you figure out if this could have been a visitation dream. You mentioned she wanted you to sit on her... did you mean sit on her lap, or did you used to do that when you were kids? If so it may have been to remind you of the fun times you had together. Hitting your head on a chandelier - did you ever live in a house where you had a chandelier? That may be a clue to the location... if it was a previous house you lived in or if it was a strange new location, which could suggest a possible visitation dream. She may have wanted to share a bit of her environment with you, like my mother did with me! It could even be a way for your sister to tell you to wake up and see the light about something!

It's easy to find dream interpretation books that say definitely this means this, or that means that, but it's really not so cut and dried. If one person loves cats and they dream about them, it's a nice dream. If someone hates them or is terrified of them, it's would be more of a nightmare! Sled735 is REALLY good at dream interpretation... she might be able to contribute an idea or two if you can remember any more details. They may come back to you when you least expect it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Let's see, I have do it yourself spirit eviction papers that I can send you for $19.99 plus S&H. If you would like someone to do it for you it will cost $750 extra plus court processing fees. If you consider getting these papers, the spirit will think your nuts and leave your home. Guaranteed to work or your spirit back.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Let's see, I have do it yourself spirit eviction papers that I can send you for $19.99 plus S&H. If you would like someone to do it for you it will cost $750 extra plus court processing fees. If you consider getting these papers, the spirit will think your nuts and leave your home. Guaranteed to work or your spirit back.

I'm sorry, if you feel this is something to make fun of or to charge money for, this is the wrong thread for you. There are dozens of discussion boards, websites or chat rooms you might be more comfortable in, where the posters have the same view of the spiritual and paranormal that you seem to have. I'm sure you would enjoy meeting others who share your views. Please feel free to search for these other sites... we will manage to get along very well without your posts. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thanks Scribe. Details are sketchy (even more so a few weeks after) but the location of the dream was somewhere I wasn't familiar with and the chandelier was one I don't remember seeing in person. That's not to say I haven't seen it...I just don't remember it. As for the sitting on top of her part, it was definitely on her chest and more specifically her heart. Hitting my head on the chandelier would indicate some sort of rising (like she was supporting me?) although I don't really recall a floating sensation. I still haven't shaken the weird feelingI had afterwards and it's been a few weeks now...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hey everybody - just in case there are people lurking and not posting yet, and this thread hasn't completely fizzled out - I hope you all have a safe and happy new year. My resolution is to get back to the more spiritual side of my life, as I've been backsliding a lot lately. As a result, the beautiful synchronicities and just plain magical feeling to my life has long since faded away.

The magic hasn't gone anywhere; I've simply become disconnected from it. My nightly prayers have become routine and monotonous, and that has to change. I remember when my faith was a living, breathing thing, after I'd say my prayers and lay down I'd whisper " 'Night, Jesus! " and I miss feeling so close to the Divine. With so much ugliness coming at us from all directions it's easy to get descouraged, but my resolution is to reconnect with everything Divine and get those magical experiences back in my life.

I know it's too late for a Christmas wish, but maybe not for a New Year's wish... my wish for everyone is to feel more peace in their daily lives. If everyone took even a few seconds to look around and find something to love or appreciate about their lives, maybe we'd all eventually be too busy loving and living to find time to create more ugliness in the world. PEACE AND LOVE, EVERYBODY!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Well said, Scribe.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hey I'm new to this site but I just wanted to share an experience I just had recently. (I'm not sure if I'm posting a comment to this thread or if I'm responding to anyone in particular, so my apologies.) Earlier tonight I was trying to fall asleep but I was bothered by this weird shadow by my door. It wasn't anything from outside my window. This wasn't the first time I've seen it tho. This time I felt an eerie presence and was sort of scared to go out my room and use the bathroom. When I went to turn on the bathroom light (which is close to my room) I saw a white hand in the mirror, close to my shoulder. It freaked me out. Do you think there's anything bad going on?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Also, I want to add to my comment that in the past, I have had weird red lines appear on my forehead even without doing anything. They looked like scratches but never hurt or bother me. And, I have seen a couple small scratches on my leg once. It didn't hurt but it did bleed slightly and formed a scab. I hadn't noticed it for a while until one day I was putting some jeans on. I've also heard voices in my house. I hope there's no evil spirits near me. I don't think I've done anything bad to provoke anything like this tho

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

ItsYoBoiA
Hey I'm new to this site but I just wanted to share an experience I just had recently. (I'm not sure if I'm posting a comment to this thread or if I'm responding to anyone in particular, so my apologies.) Earlier tonight I was trying to fall asleep but I was bothered by this weird shadow by my door. It wasn't anything from outside my window. This wasn't the first time I've seen it tho. This time I felt an eerie presence and was sort of scared to go out my room and use the bathroom. When I went to turn on the bathroom light (which is close to my room) I saw a white hand in the mirror, close to my shoulder. It freaked me out. Do you think there's anything bad going on?

Hi ItsYoBoiA, welcome to ATS. You're the first person to post to this thread in quite a while, and I'm happy you stopped by. First let me say that I don't claim to know everything about anything; I'm simply offering a little advice based on my own experiences and what has or hasn't worked for me in the past. I'm hesitant to call it counseling at this point in time, because I don't have enough education to hang out my shingle just yet! (but I'm working on that)

I did some thinking on your situation and here's what came to me. I'm not too crazy about the shadow; from what I've heard they can be negative energy. I did have an interesting experience at a house I owned, though. I didn't feel anything negative from these, but they managed to scare me pretty good the first time I saw them. I woke up one night to see two head & shoulders shadows peeping around the door at me.

I saw them in the light that was shining on my bedroom wall from the bathroom across the hall, and of course I came up out of that bed fighting because I was sure somebody had broken in on me. No one was there though, so I finally stated breathing again and went back to sleep. I felt it was the previous owners, an elderly couple who loved that house. The fact that they were there isn't what scared me, it was the thought that somebody flesh & blood had got in.

So I'm not saying 100% that these shadows you're seeing are bad OR good, but the fact that you felt an eery feeling is evidence in itself that they may not be up to much good. I really feel the white hand you saw in the bathroom mirror is someone watching over you and saying, Hey, I'm here for you. They may also be keeping anything negative from hurting you worse. Those red marks and bleeding scratches concern me.

If I were you I would get a smudge stick, usually made of a bunch of dried sage, and do a house cleansing/blessing. You might find one locally at a specialty shop selling incense or other spiritual items, books and the like, or you could order one online. You will light the smudge stick, let it catch good, and then gently snuff it out in rice or sand in a small container.

You don't want to put it out completely, just let the smoke drift from the end. Then walk room to room, taking your time and saying your chosen prayer or statement suggested below in each room. Fan the smoke a little around the rooms as you walk, to let the smoke enter much of the room, particularly in corners or other architectural recesses you may have.

I have a big sea shell I use as a snuffer, with rice in it. I don't know if you are a religious person, but if so you might want to say a little prayer for protection as you go from room to room with the lit smudge stick.

If you're not very religious, you could "state your claim" on your space, proclaiming that this is your house and anything negative is not allowed to come into your space any more. If you are uncomfortable with any spirits or energies at all being in the house, you could say that all ghosts, spirits, AND evil energies need to leave you alone and they are not allowed back in.

Recently I heard that you need to leave a door or window open for the energies to leave, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary. Mine left, and I didn't know to open a window back then. Couldn't hurt to open it up and at least let some fresh air in, though!

I would also say that no spirits, ghosts or any evil or negative energies are allowed to touch you any more. They might not leave immediately, and you need to lay down some boundaries to let them know you are not going to take their manipulation. Your body and your space is sacred, and they do not have the right to touch you or invade your home. If these energies mean you no harm they will usually leave you alone right away. If they persist, you might need to repeat this a few times until they see you're not going to back down.

Also, if you feel at any time you are in any danger from these energies, for example, if the scratches get worse, or you're feeling severe mood changes with no apparent explanation, having vicious nightmares, etc. please do not hesitate to get some help. You could contact your priest/pastor, someone in the psychic or medium field, or a shaman; any of these may be able to help. It's a shame there are not more sources of help available to people having problems with the paranormal, but many of the above practitioners I've mentioned will take you seriously, because they've seen it before.

Hopefully these shadows and any negative energies will leave peacefully when you do a cleansing or blessing on your house or apartment. In the meantime I will be sending you some positive energy. The main thing to remember is DON'T PANIC. Negative energies feed off of our fear, so get mad and don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they're getting to you. If the cleansing/blessing doesn't work, there are other things to do. Start with this and see if the shadows and scratches go away. If not, we'll move on to the next step.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join