It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing paranormal, ghostly or spiritual activity and need to talk about it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Have you had a paranormal, ghostly or spiritual experience that you'd like to talk about, but no one seems to care? That's not unusual in most cases. While talking about such topics is gradually becoming more acceptable in modern society, it still is unsettling to those who can't or won't accept the idea. Even some of my closest friends have no idea just what I've experienced over the years. It's not that I don't trust them; it's more a situation of sparing them the anxiety that sharing would cause.

At this point I am not a licensed therapist or counselor, but it is one of my educational goals. What I am able to do is listen and offer some advice for coping with your new experiences, based completely upon my own experiences and/or research. Please keep these things in mind:

1) I don't dare claim to know everything, but I have had several types of experiences and I am always more than happy to share them.

2) Many of my experiences have changed me for the better... AFTER I realized I wasn't losing my mind.

3) I know how hard it is to open up if you've always had to keep it to yourself out of fear of ridicule. Being a regular contributor to one other paranormal thread, "Has Anyone Had More than One Type of Paranormal Experience?" I can say my ATS experience has been nothing short of wonderful. I feel comfortable sharing anything on here, and any ridicule has been dealt with swiftly by the person creating that thread. So far ATS has been very user friendly in that regard!

To give you a tiny bit of background on myself, I've seen, heard, felt, been touched by, and sensed ghosts or spirits around me. I mention both, because as a result of my research, I believe ghosts are more likely those who are still trapped in this dimension for one reason or another. Some seem to be attached to a place or person, and some seem to have no idea they're dead. I believe this can happen if death is very sudden, or if they are in such a mental state at their time of death they are unable to process it completely (such as Alzheimer's or dementia). One of the two ghosts I've helped to cross over was an elderly lady who seemed very childlike, and it took me a few minutes to get her to trust me and let go of the only thing she knew - her former home.

I will take a moment to explain something... when I mention that I've helped ghosts cross over, I don't get to have a two-way conversation with them, at least not yet. I feel some emotion, like fear or confusion, and kind of see something in my mind's eye. This elderly lady had a very faint, transparent sijhouette, and I could barely see features and clothing. It's almost like she had a very weak signal, but I was able to tell she was maybe in her eighties, short silver hair, and was wearing a grey knit dress with a lavender colored sweater. I was at a friend's house for the first time, and she was showing me around. We went upstairs, where there was a small bedroom with gables in the closet area. Chatting away, I didn't mention the impression of the ghost at first, because I wasn't sure how my friend would take it. I didn't want to scare her to death! We left that room and went into another, and then when she asked if I was ready to go back downstairs, I got brave and said, "Could we go back in there? I felt a presence." As we walked back toward that room, I "saw" the elderly lady in my mind's eye, standing in the doorway - her head cocked playfully to one side, smiling peacefully, and drumming her fingertips together slowly. As we got closer we must have intimidated her, because she suddenly was in the center of the room. I walked toward her again, and then she was by the closet door. I changed direction and when she saw that I was still coming toward her, she suddenly was kneeling in the floor next the gable at the back of the closet, with her head down and one arm raised in front of her face as if she was afraid she was going to be hit.

This made me sick to my stomach, and I was more desperate than ever to help this sweet little old lady. I'd never spoken to a ghost out loud but I didn't want to leave my friend clueless as to what I was saying; after all, it WAS still her house. She had a right to know what I was saying to this ghost. Anyhow, after talking to her and telling her she was no longer alive and she needed to move on into the white light whenever she got the chance, FINALLY she began to weaken until I couldn't feel any other energy besides my friend and myself in the room. I turned to her and said, "I think she's gone now, I can't feel anything. I got the feeling she was an elderly lady, and maybe had Alzheimer's." My friend's eyes got huge as she said, "Do you know that every once in a while my daughter comes running into my room and saying there's an old woman standing at the foot of her bed?" It made me feel good to know I was probably right on the feelings and "visions" I'd been seeing in my mind, and I was really hopeful I'd helped her go home.

My whole attitude toward ghosts is one of wanting to help. This experience, as I was sort of feeling my way through the situation, was the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I actually felt like I had to right to call myself a member of the human race... I'd done something to REALLY help somebody I didn't even know, even if they didn't have a physical body at the time. I have a "ghost hunting" group made up of a couple of friends who blessedly don't happen to think I'm bonkers, and we've had a couple of exciting things happen. Even though I take part in one of those, which I will be the first to admit they can sometimes be exploitative of ghosts and spirits, I feel our attempts only help to put me in the right place at the right to time to be able to help another ghost if I encounter one that is scared or confused.

Contrary to some TV shows, I don't believe every single touch or whisper is evil or an attempt to kill me or possess me in some way. So many paranormal shows are built upon the belief we should turn every encounter into our own little horror movie. That CERTAINLY doesn't help the reputation of paranormal activity any! Others look so hard for any real evidence, and then when they get some, it would appear they just replay it, pack up their equipment and move on to the next episode. Hopefully they do more off-camera to help the people they've just done an investigation for, and especialy for the ghosts or spirits they may have encountered. Like one guy from a ghost show said, "We keep hearing these spirits say Help Me; shouldn't we be doing something to help?" I about fell out of my chair when I heard that... sometimes it seems like a very unpopular opinion in the world of paranormal shows.

I am not out to make fun of anyone's experiences, and I will not allow anyone else to either. I will make every attempt to protect those who wish to speak freely on this thread, without constant fear of ridicule. The great moderators on ATS are providing a wonderful place for us to come to with our "different" views and experiences, and I applaud their efforts.

I will post more about my own experiences shortly... in the meantime, please feel free to share your own experiences that may be troubling you, and I will be glad to help you figure out what may be going on.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

My problem is I don't experience enough of it...

Am I in the wrong place for that?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Allow me to be the first to applaud your thread, Scribe611.

Your experiences are fantastic, and the fact you want to use your gift to help cross spirits is even more fantastic!

Although I have my own paranormal thread, I will be reading yours too. Looks to be a great place for those who need advice on their experiences.

I wish you well on your first thread!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

My problem is I don't experience enough of it...Am I in the wrong place for that?

That depends. Have you ever wondered how many of these ATS related paranormal experiences are nothing more that drunken ramblings and/or fables from self-centered, stage seeking delusionists? My bet is that half or more have their own personal Peeves.

Sheesh, at least he was removed from the movies. rofl

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This may be nothing at all, but thought I would mention it. I think my experience,as posted by other members is posted on other threads here, but anyway. The last for days, well this week, about 6 or more times now, I have been walking down the town, to work etc, minding my own business, when out of the blue, I get the sensation/feeling of being hit in the face by cobweb, even when there are no trees or bushes etc about. But when I go to brush them off my face nothing is there. Strange. Does this mean anything?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I cannot say that I entirely agree with some of your classic "ghost-like" experience conclusions, but I categorically agree that prototypical "Hollywood evil", and perhaps even the concept of “spirit evil” in general, may not exist. Evil people certainly exist and a few make claims that "evil spirits" made-them-do-it, but after investigating this exact subject for a few years, I cannot find any evidence that anything "ghost-like" shows evil intent.

I also share your distrust of commercial ghost hunter programs that only investigate for a single day. While one could get lucky during a single visit to an alleged haunted location, most “ghost-like” phenomenon experiencers describe extremely episodic encounters; brief high-strangeness events separated by months of nothing.

Thank you for posting these important concepts. S + F

Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by agnes
This may be nothing at all, but thought I would mention it. I think my experience,as posted by other members is posted on other threads here, but anyway. The last for days, well this week, about 6 or more times now, I have been walking down the town, to work etc, minding my own business, when out of the blue, I get the sensation/feeling of being hit in the face by cobweb, even when there are no trees or bushes etc about. But when I go to brush them off my face nothing is there. Strange. Does this mean anything?

Maybe, maybe not. Check back with us next week.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

do you know something about being touched at hands and feet ? the touching is mostly cold, but sometimes warm or even hot.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by agnes

Sorry for taking a while to reply - I knew I was going to be out of town, so it was kind of stupid to open this up and then leave for a couple of days. Sometimes my timing isn't the best in the world!

About the cobwebby feeling... I have had that feeling a couple of times myself, but wondered if it was a drifting spider web or something. I'm deathly afraid of spiders, so I usually freak out when I feel that and go nuts wiping my hair and face off, but so far I rarely have found a spider. To be perfectly honest, I usually just dismiss it and go on my merry way. I have read about this sensation being a common way to sense energy in an area. Some theories are that it is a way to attempt communication by touching a person, and I've also heard that it could be an actual attempt from a ghost to manifest physically and the person happens to walk into it.

Expanding on my original post, I believe spirits are different from ghosts in that they have already crossed over, and are free to come and go as they please; whereas ghosts have not crossed over. It could be spiritual in nature, but I would lean more toward the side of it being a possible ghost. I have been touched a few times where I felt actual pressure on my arm or shoulder, and I've had my hair played with as well. Neither situation is threatening in and of itself, even though it may be startling. If it is frightening and you want it to stop, you could ask your higher power (depending on your spiritual or religious beliefs) that these cobwebby feelings be taken away and the ability to sense them be removed. Also, if it happens again, just mentally say "Stop! Don't bother me again!" quite firmly. If it is something ghostly, it most likely means you no harm and will probably back off if it realizes it's truly upsetting to you.

I hope this has answered your question and given you something to try if you want it to stop. There is always the possibility that this is a new "gift" that could be awakening... but you are the only one who can decide if you want to move forward with it. Try telling it to stop and see if that works. If it doesn't, let me know... I'll be doing some research into this, and I'll let you know what I find out...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Like I told Agnes, I am sorry for taking a while to get back into my post.

Touching from cold hands is something I've not experienced so far, but I did used to have the sensation of a warmth and soft pressure moving up my foot while I was in bed at night. It was a fast movement, like somebody was playfully moving their finger along my foot from heel to toe. It resulted in me kicking the covers off the bed the first few times it happened, because I was sure a critter had got into the house and was in my bed. No evidence of that was ever found, so I finally accepted that it was a) my imagination, b) I was dreaming it, or c) it was "somebody" playing a trick on me. All these instances happened in one particular place we lived; it has not followed me to my last two homes.

You didn't mention whether this was more at night time or throughout the day... is there any particular time it seems to happen, say, a specific season, certain months, or a few times a week? If it's happening more in one location than any other it could be tied to that location. If it doesn't seem to matter where you are, then it may be more likely to be associated with you somehow. Depending on your spiritual or religious beliefs, do you feel it may be coming from someone close to you that has passed? It could be that if it's happening at a certain time of the year, it's a clue to the identity of the energy touching you. It could be around this person's birthday, maybe an anniversary of an important event you shared, or maybe around that person's time of death.

I know that in times of extreme stress, I've felt the presence of my mother and my father (at different times). I had some major stress in 2004 due to money troubles and a bad situation at my job, and ended up having a mild heart attack from stress. It got to me really bad one night in the hospital, right before I was scheduled for heart catheterization, and I felt pure panic rising up inside me. All of a sudden it felt like the room was full of angels, and I could feel my father's presence so strong it was as if I could just look over and see him sitting in a chair. That's the first time I'd experienced anything like that, and it was surprising as much as it was amazing. I did manage to calm down after I felt that, because I knew I wasn't really alone and everything was going to be alright, no matter what the test results showed in the morning.

It could be that someone who's passed could be trying comfort you or to tell you that they're alright, or that they're just hanging around to say hello or let you know they are thinking of you. It's kind of like getting a card in the mail... "here's a note to say we're thinking of you!" The fact that you're being touched on the hands or feet sounds like it's a display of affection, and definitely doesn't sound too threatening. Are these touches scaring you at all, or are they coming at a time when they could be seen as comforting touches? That's a good way to try and figure out who might be coming around you. On the other hand, if they are totally frightening you and you want them to stop, firmly say, "Don't touch me any more, I want you to stop!" or something to that effect.

I hope this answers your question, and if you want to talk about it more, let me know!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well it is nice of you to try to help or at least listen. Being touched is common but why idk. There is someone with a Sig on here made me giggle at myself, Speak of innuendo or is it my mind lol

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Cute Sig did a double take on it. Goes to wash her mind out.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD

I also share your distrust of commercial ghost hunter programs that only investigate for a single day. While one could get lucky during a single visit to an alleged haunted location, most “ghost-like” phenomenon experiencers describe extremely episodic encounters; brief high-strangeness events separated by months of nothing.

Thank you for posting these important concepts. S + F

Best regards,
Z

Z - thanks for adding another point of view to the thread! There are myriad ways of looking at the paranormal, like the facets of a diamond, but all I can comment on are the ones I've experienced myself or read about. I almost feel like I'm adding to the problem by even taking part in "ghost hunts," but we do ours a little differently. We are not looking to exploit anyone or anything, and we always maintain respect for any energies we do happen to run across. We don't charge for it, and I certainly refuse to charge anything for helping a spirit to cross. To me that would be the ultimate defiling of a gift.

Hope you continue to stick around on the thread!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hermit777

Well it is nice of you to try to help or at least listen. Being touched is common but why idk.

Hi, Hermit777!

I know all too well how it feels to be ridiculed and even shunned to a certain extent by daring to open my mouth about anything spiritual or paranormal. I kept it to myself for years, and then once I got brave and decided to share my experiences on ATS, I found many eager and sympathetic listeners... very little negative responses. I also found that many on here were so afraid to open up about their own experiences. I eventually want to get a degree and license to counsel people, perhaps even grief counseling, and also get enough of a paranormal education to focus mainly on counseling people through their own difficult paranormal experiences. It's been burning at me for a couple of years now.

About the touching - I believe it is most likely an attempt to comfort someone still on this side, or to let them know that they (the one who's crossed over) are alright. And to go further out on a limb, I also think the closer we get to December 2012, the more people will be touched, as the veil is getting thinner. Communication between this side and that one will become easier, I do believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

My problem is I don't experience enough of it...

Am I in the wrong place for that?

Okay, I'm kind of lost here... is this a serious question or a reference to a movie quote or something? I don't get it...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Allow me to be the first to applaud your thread, Scribe611.

Your experiences are fantastic, and the fact you want to use your gift to help cross spirits is even more fantastic!

Although I have my own paranormal thread, I will be reading yours too. Looks to be a great place for those who need advice on their experiences.

I wish you well on your first thread!

Thank you, Sled735! I just feel like I never would have been given a gift of any kind if I wasn't meant to use it in some way, and aren't we all just here to help each other get through this life anyway?
I know it's hard to open up about experiences like we've had, and I've had a ball researching things. I just hope I can help somebody not be so afraid of something they're experiencing, or at least try to figure out what it might be. I've had one or two experiences myself that kept me scared for a couple of years or more each. After digging around online or reading dozens of books, I finally put my fears to rest. We may never know what some of this stuff truly is, at least not on this side. Maybe I can help some people get rid of some of their fears.

Welcome to my first thread, and I hope to see you again on here soon!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Originally posted by Hermit777

Well it is nice of you to try to help or at least listen. Being touched is common but why idk.

About the touching - I believe it is most likely an attempt to comfort someone still on this side, or to let them know that they (the one who's crossed over) are alright. And to go further out on a limb, I also think the closer we get to December 2012, the more people will be touched, as the veil is getting thinner. Communication between this side and that one will become easier, I do believe.

Eep i have been telling people that for a long time now it is odd to hear someone else say it outloud so, Yes i do believe the viel is getting Thinner and some people are changing becomming more ah Human. R.A.H. called it Homo-Novus.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

is there any particular time it seems to happen, say, a specific season, certain months, or a few times a week?

no, actually it has been a while when it last happened. a couple of months ago, i was touched at my hand and arm. i could feel, that it was some kind of force, pushing down my arm. it happens at night or day time and in different locations.

do you feel it may be coming from someone close to you that has passed?

no, noone died, that i know, when it started.

Are these touches scaring you at all, or are they coming at a time when they could be seen as comforting touches?

in the beginning, it was new and interesting, but it has become disturbing and burdening. rarely it still is interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I'm sorry these experiences are disturbing you... maybe the one from a couple of months ago will be the last one. If it does happen again, you might try telling it firmly to leave you alone. I know myself that this does work, having to "evict" a strong male presence from my last home. That one took a couple of weeks, but he finally left and I never felt him again. If you're in a public place, you can always say it mentally... no one but you and whoever is touching you will know anything is going on.

There may be a long period of time between a person's passing and any attempts to contact someone still living, so if anyone has died at any time that you may have been close to, it still could be them. I've heard several psychics say that once you pass on, time is not linear like we have it, but everything just "is." That's how months or years could pass before you hear from someone who's passed on... they just don't realize how long it's been.

But regardless, this is bothering you and it needs to stop... would you mind if I included you in my prayers to ask that these touches be removed from your experience?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
reply to post by icepack

There may be a long period of time between a person's passing and any attempts to contact someone still living, so if anyone has died at any time that you may have been close to, it still could be them. I've heard several psychics say that once you pass on, time is not linear like we have it, but everything just "is." That's how months or years could pass before you hear from someone who's passed on... they just don't realize how long it's been.

Here is a quote from Alfred2012 on my thread that goes along with what you are saying. When a person dies, there is a time period where they can't be reached by psychics.

From Alfred:

Yes, the mood you're in when dying is very important. For example, if you have solved former relationship problems with relatives, etc.,if you're not angry, if you don't feel sad about your life and if you don't have fear to be judged by god and so on, this all helps to open your consciousness and makes the next step easier.

There is a phase very soon after you pass over where you go to a kind of "sanatorium". This is a special state of consciousness where you fall into a kind of "deep sleep" which is done for regeneration and healing of the consciousness. This is the time where even a medium has no access to the decedent. But it is possible to contact the guide of the decedent during that time. This phase can last some month (if we compare this to earth time).

Most of the decedents have this "sanatorium" phase but there are exceptions (they directly develop to higher consciousness level).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join