It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Finishes Building Iran Nuclear Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
By Maria Golovnina
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia and Iran said Thursday they had finished construction of an atomic power plant in the Islamic Republic -- a project the United States fears Tehran could use to make nuclear arms.

Diplomats in Moscow said the announcement, made after Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov visited Iran, reflected Russia's readiness to press ahead with the project in return for Tehran's increased cooperation with the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

"We're done," said a spokesman for Russia's Atomic Energy Agency (RosAtom). "All we need to do now is work out an agreement on sending spent fuel back to Russia."

Such an agreement with Iran is designed to allay U.S. concerns. Iran would guarantee it would return to Russia all spent nuclear fuel, which can be used to make weapons. But the signing, due last year, has been repeatedly delayed.

Wow, this is really interesting. How long do you think it will take for this power plant to be leveled by Isreal.

A. Will Isreal wait till after the US elections
B. Will Isreal wait till the plant comes on line
C. Will the U.S. take out this plant
D. Will nothing happen at all

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Such an agreement with Iran is designed to allay U.S. concerns. Iran would guarantee it would return to Russia all spent nuclear fuel, which can be used to make weapons. But the signing, due last year, has been repeatedly delayed.

Talk about the fox guarding the hen house....

I'm betting it won't take long for a little Isreali bombing run.....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Has the Iranian check cleared the bank yet?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is good news for Iran. Hopefully more will follow.

This means more revenue can be gained from selling oil, as more electricity will be made by nuclear plants.

This will mean only good things for their economy.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think B. When Israel does anything no matter how good or righteous an act, the world media will rape the act and condemn Israel. Israel will be very careful and wait 'till their is enough evidence against Iran to avoid the media rape. Of course Israel could just go with their gut feeling and blow it now regardless of how many Russians are still on the sight. One Frenchmen was at the Iraqi plant when the Israelis blew it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was unaware that Russia was helping build Iran's nuclear infrastructure.

So if/when Israel/US bombs the plant, how are the Russians going to feel about that?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Russian will be dubly pissed!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
congratulations to the Iranian and Russian workers who have finally completed the reactor. I hope it is used for peaceful means but Iran has every right to nukes considering Israel has set the precedent.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
congratulations to the Iranian and Russian workers who have finally completed the reactor. I hope it is used for peaceful means but Iran has every right to nukes considering Israel has set the precedent.

I have to agree with you there. The presiden of Syria called for and recieved support of the Arab world to make the entire region a Nuclear free zone. Guess who had no comment? Given the sucsess that Kim in NK has had with his weapons and being able to toy with everybody with impunity (at least it seems that way) this will not be the only country IMHO persuing this.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It doesn't matter it will be gone soon.

new topics

top topics

join