It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening Avatars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Many have a deeper meaning.

But what?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Yeah, I've seen some creepy avatars on ATS. But fortunately, they're few and far between. But what I find truly creepy and unsettling, is a society that goes postal over nudity, and yet thinks grotesque and truly disturbing pictures of unspeakable horrors is OK, anywhere and everywhere. Including avatars. What's wrong with this picture. (Pun intended).

My avatar isn't likely to change in the near future. It has a meaning behind it. I would however, like to change the blue in it, to more of a purple-ish color. But I'm not good enough with photoshop to make it look as good as it does now with the blue. So I've left it alone. Cest la vie.
Here's something a little different. A little matrix with some blue...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mine does not scare you does it? That is certainly not my intent. I just find it uniquely odd and melancholic. Rather similar to me actually. A little background on the picture: It was originally a painting of Medieval doctors who would wear those masks when dealing with patients suffering from the plague. They would put a certain type of flower in there to keep out the illness. Many times the last thing people dying from the plague saw were men in these masks.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No I already know what those masks were. But can you imagine having the plague and that guy shows up by your bedside? I know the. Song ring around the rosies is about victims of the plague! Morbid for little kids song.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'd rather my kids accidentally see nekkids than some gruesome murder scene. I mean after all, were all nekkids under our clothes!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Almost time for the ghouls to play......

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Bwhahahahaha!
I've always wondered what really lay behind the screen......

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

That would be absolutely terrifying to see!
As if having the plague was not horrible enough. As for "ring around the rosy" I think that is a good song; never too young for children to know about death.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is the thread that originally brought me to ATS: Why are we terrified of the Grays?

After spending more time here than I care to admit and encountering countless alien-themed avatars (Thanks Syxdaligee
) they still get to me, including the icon for the Aliens and UFOs forum.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Exactly. I would much rather have to explain nudity to a child, than to try and explain the horrid things humans do to each other, and why it's glorified in our media.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Interesting take on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I know.

It was my avatar that did it wasn't it? So many people are terrified of cute little kittens. Can't blame you for running away in fear.

Actually, the one I think you're talking about belongs to Murgatroid. I love the way it sits still then turns and winks at you every once in a while.

ETA: I sent him a u2u inviting him to come visit this thread. Get ready to be freaked out again.

edit on 9/8/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

HAHAHAHA That one creeped me out for sure. First time I saw it I couldn't stop staring at it

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What about mine

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Spell the names of the users or I call BS on your thread

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Last night there was a goggled eye one than has never seemed to move and my mind played tricks and I couldve sworn it was looking around with it creepy eyes! Now I know the mind plays tricks when your frightened so dont say im nuts lol. I am just hoping for some comments and light chit chat.

OK, you guys are just WAY too paranoid...

My avatar has NEVER once moved...

Scouts honor...

That's what spending too much time on ATS can do to a person.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
<
< Never trust a smiling spider

link   
This actually sparked a conversation in my real life, and I have it on good authority that, out of my mountain of avatars, these two tie for the most disturbing:

link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Spell the names of the users or I call BS on your thread
Mmmmm, I think one of them were "Skywatcher2011"!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It's murgatroid! Omg he's he's here!^^^^^^

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join