It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Veterans Affairs Clinics ran by Foreign For Profit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Apparently there's quite a few Veterans Affairs Clinics in America ran by a For Profit company called "Valor Healthcare".

Corporate Wiki shows 2 State filings from that company declaring they are a "Foreign owned For Profit Corporation" to those States. (Texas and Florida):

www.corporationwiki.com...

On the middle of those pages, you'll see the filing and State "Reference ID", showing their declaration.

So this is a Political Madness/Conspiracy site.........which country and WHO is running some of Americas Veterans Affairs Clinics for a profit?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Dealing with vets (sadly) is a booming business Most vets I know would rather deal with a "for profit" cmpany than the VA.

The last home that I owned, I went first to the VA then tried a commercial bank.

I got a full point lower going through a commercial bank.

So this may not be such a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
But which country is now running them?

You really don't think a for profit rationing healthcare is better than what we can afford do you? That company is there to MAKE money.....and bribe politicians with some of it likely as well.

We've been robbed.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

You really don't think a for profit rationing healthcare is better than what we can afford do you? That company is there to MAKE money.....and bribe politicians with some of it likely as well.

We've been robbed.

It's a competative market. If they provide poor service, then they won't make money. If th VA provided good service, then there would be no need.

Just my humble opinion, of course. As for the country? Does it matter? It'd be amusing if it were China, I'd grant you that.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We've been robbed.

It's a competative market. If they provide poor service, then they won't make money. If th VA provided good service, then there would be no need.

Just my humble opinion, of course. As for the country? Does it matter? It'd be amusing if it were China, I'd grant you that.

I don't think it has anything to do with service level because in many cases crap services are provided but these companies just don't go away. I think it has to do with whose political pockets they are greasing just like the for profit prison system. Gotta keep making new laws to keep them prisons filled to keep them kickbacks rollin!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

If vets are told or directed to go to these places, then yes, it'd be a scam.

But if it is an outside agency trying to provide an alternative to the VA or even Tricare, then I'd encourage the use.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

Dealing with vets (sadly) is a booming business Most vets I know would rather deal with a "for profit" cmpany than the VA.

The last home that I owned, I went first to the VA then tried a commercial bank.

Good point but with a name like Valor Healthcare it does sound directional and/or politically motivated.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Veterans Affairs Clinics in many areas are run by HMOs under contract.

The one i go to is and i have got a least one of there doctors fired when he told me that fibromyalgia was all in my head and not a real disorder.

This was after i was DXed by a teaching professor from UCLA that trains new doctors at the main VA hospital.

The teaching professor was not amused by another doctor calling him a quack.

These rural VA Clinic doctors or in many cases PA or NP have there place and that is adjusting meds for disorders like high blood pressure or diabetes and making referrals to the real doctors at the main VA hospitals,

I was a EMT for over 30 years and can size up a doctors skill in one visit.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They don't employ Doctors. They may have 1 or 2 under contract to work for them a few hours a day but it takes months to get scheduled to see them. By then they've quit as it wasn't worth their time for what little they were paid.

You see Nurse Practioners posing as Doctors most of the time and I highly doubt you got one fired. THEY run the Clinic, not the contracted Doctor who won't be around there for long.

Can someone in Florida or Texas get those forms from the State to find out which country is running those VA Clinics? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it WAS China. How's that for Obama creating jobs? His own VA Clinics are ran by a foreign owned FOR Profit company???

Why haven't the Republicans been using this for campaign ads yet?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Because it was more than likely the Republicans pushing privatization of the VA. One of the things I can tell you is that my dad goes to the VA here. The first time he went there it scared him and scared him bad. He said he would never go back there. At the time he had private insurance and could make that choice. He has had four heart attacks and as anyone that has had one knows that after you have one you pretty much have to go to the doctor regularly. When he lost his coverage both the policy he had through his job and my mom's policy he had no choice but to go back. In the intervening five years the hospital was remodeled and the way they did things had completely changed. After a scare earlier this year where we had to take him to the hospital. He had already been processed and seeing his doctor before I could even park the car.

After spending two days in the waiting rooms and walking around the hospital, I can tell you that the atmosphere there puts every private hospital I have ever been to to shame. And the city I live in is one known worldwide for its hospital system. The first thing dad had to say after his second visit there? My doctor I like her, she actually listens to what i am telling her is wrong with me.

Are all the VA hospitals like this now? I cannot say what I can say is my Dad has had less hassle and more attentive care there than every private hospital he has been to.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You are in Ohio. Lots of big money military / people there.

There is no For Profit company running the VA there.

valorhealthcare.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I get that. But to put this on the Obama Administration is wrong.

From their own webpage.

Valor began operations in March of 2004 and opened its first Veterans Clinic in August of 2004. During this period and with management’s prior experience, Valor has developed: Methods for operating Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC or Veterans Clinics) under contracts with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), providing top-quality primary care to military veterans. Enthusiastic acceptance of Valor’s methods and services by representatives of the VA at all levels, as well as the military veteran patients served. National industry reputation as a top-quality medical services provider.

Privatization of Public Services, brought to you by Republicans. I didn't even bother to check it originally, because that has been part of their platform for years. Privatize the turnpike system, privatize the prison system, privatize medicare and privatize Social Security. There are just simply things that should not be privatized and Veterans care is chief among them, all it does is put a third party whose goal is to profit in the mix.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Although the head guy of Valor has a tie to Romneys 'Bain', Democrats controlled Congress and the White House and didn't stop it.

They both are likely getting $$$$ in kickbacks from the "For Profit" company rationing services.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The VA does not loan money for homes. They give you a green piece of paper to hand to a bank to get a mortgage. If you default the Bank takes that green piece of paper and the Treasury hands them $36,000.

The VA does not loan money for mortgages. There is no way you could have gone to the VA for a mortgage. Please stay on topic.

Who is the foreign country running the For Profit contracted VA Clinics.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Apparently there's quite a few Veterans Affairs Clinics in America ran by a For Profit company called "Valor Healthcare".

Corporate Wiki shows 2 State filings from that company declaring they are a "Foreign owned For Profit Corporation" to those States. (Texas and Florida):

On the middle of those pages, you'll see the filing and State "Reference ID", showing their declaration.

So this is a Political Madness/Conspiracy site.........which country and WHO is running some of Americas Veterans Affairs Clinics for a profit?

"Foreign Owned for profit Corporation" is a term used for a corporation (such as Valor Healthcare) that is registered to do business in another state than where it was originally incorporated.

Say XYZ Inc. incorporates and registers in Delaware. Then they spread out and register to do business in Florida. They would be a "Foreign owned For Profit Corporation in Florida, since they originally registered and incorporated in Delaware.

The term doesn't mean that Valor Healthcare is foreign owned. It's more a matter of terminology that is used.

top topics

join