It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nuclear attack on the moon-did it REALLY happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I just came across this story and was not aware that we ever attempted this. Apparently in a quest to find water on the moon, NASA attempted to nuke a crater on the moon. Well, according to this article, it was a major dissapointment when the missile seemingly dissapeared and no plume was ever seen. (The impact was supposed to create a plume visible from small telescopes from earth)

The night before, NASA sent out a space craft across the southern hemisphere of the moon where the attack was supposed to occur. The space craft was a highly sophisticated set of camera probe known as the LCROSS probe and it flew above the impact zone and was supposed to broadcast information about the impact of the attack as it occured. At the zero point of the count down, NASA scientists pressed their button of damnation and the attack was launched. The missle was sent hurtling towards the moon at a speed fastser than a bullet’s. The aim was correct, the missle correctly target the crater it had been meant to penetrate. But then, that was when it all went awry and confusing for everyone. There was no impact, no explosion,…nothing. Just silence…. Imagine a satellite guided nuclear war head, connecting with target, and then disappearing into the blue of the nowhere. Just imagine the fear and confusion of those war-mongers when their highest weapons of destruction were rendered impotent and ineffective by the guardians of the moon. There was no impact… no explosion…no debris. Just silence.

www.africaresource.com...
articles.cnn.com...:TECH
Also according to the article, four minutes after the bomb was to blow, the LCROSS crashed into the moon and all transmissions were lost. Cool story

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Definitely interesting article, I guess that suports all "the moon is really something else" conspiracy.
Nice find although I'm not sure how credible that source is..either way nice find.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

NASA today opened a new chapter in our understanding of the moon. Preliminary data from the Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite, or LCROSS, indicates that the mission successfully uncovered water during the Oct. 9, 2009 impacts into the permanently shadowed region of Cabeus cater near the moon’s south pole.

The impact created by the LCROSS Centaur upper stage rocket created a two-part plume of material from the bottom of the crater. The first part was a high angle plume of vapor and fine dust and the second a lower angle ejecta curtain of heavier material. This material has not seen sunlight in billions of years.

Link to NASA LCROSS Article.

That article is pure fantasy I'm afraid. There was no nuclear attack on the Moon.

Good news is it appears they found water which would make it possible to create fuel on site among other great things. It's important if we ever have a base there as they won't have to transport it, dramatically cutting costs.

That article is just plane old propaganda and a lie.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
We've used explosives on the moon long ago. The Apollo ground experiments used explosives as they took off to get scientific data. Oddly a car brake pad company made the explosives back then.

To get a visible plume many kilometers from the moons surface that a backyard 10" telescope would see.....I think it would have to be a nuclear blast. Meteorites impact the moon every single day and they ain't blowing out plumes for several kilometers out into space.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I love it when a questionable article is quickly pointed out & the truth behind it is equally fast to surface. Good catch, Blaine91555!

Here is a link to a bit more info on the LCROSS Impact with images including the plume.
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There was explosion. Infrared camera managed to see it, but there was no smoke plume. NASA exaggerated smoke plume and set their cameras to short exposure. So we didn't see it in visual bandwidth, but something in infrared.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I gave you a star and flag because you came asking questions, not making declarations, you did this thread properly with a nice format, provided sources, did the off site content correctly, etc. So the fact that the information was found to be most likely not true is no reason to deny you a congratulatory star and flag for a job well done in seeking out the truth and playing a major part in solving this mystery by being the person who brought it to the attention of the appropriate team of investigators. And, like I said, the manner in which you presented it was in an inquisitive spirit and not one of the "let me tell you poor fools how things are and don't you dare disagree" ilk.

So, there is nohing wrong, and everything right with what you did here today. While its true that I do appreciate when the truth is uncovered as quickly as possible, I find no reason to rub your nose in it because you dared to ask a question... I find no logic in "shooting the messenger", so to speak... There is no justice served in any display of disrespect towards any person who has shown the courage and tenacity required to ask a question around a group of people who consider it a clear admittance of the possession of some sort of mental sickness to admit you don't know the answer to something.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i remember the day nasa was doing this experement and the bit in the remake of the time machine came to mind where the moon breaks up after a explosion on the moon

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why is this in the HOAX.

Has it now become official policy to force us on a conspiracy site to agree with NASA and the official LIES of the Corrupt PTB????

Then it would become an honor to be in the HOAX bin with the questioning minds I guess.

Except you can't give them the stars and flags you wish.

By the way OP, A STAR AND FLAG TO YOU!! Too bad it doesnt show up. I don't believe anything NASA says and found this very interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why is this in the HOAX.

Has it now become official policy to force us on a conspiracy site to agree with NASA and the official LIES of the Corrupt PTB????

Then it would become an honor to be in the HOAX bin with the questioning minds I guess.

Except you can't give them the stars and flags you wish.

By the way OP, A STAR AND FLAG TO YOU!! Too bad it doesnt show up. I don't believe anything NASA says and found this very interesting.

Can you show me evidence that this was a nuclear bomb rather than just a Centaur rocket (with no explosive warhead) that struck the Moon? Astronomers (including amateur astronomers) had their telescopes and spectrometers watching the imp[act of the Centaur Rocket. Don't you think they would have noticed if it was a nuclear explosion?

It seems to me your logical process worked like this:
NASA lies. Therefore, if they said the rocket that hit the Moon was simply a Centaur Rocket, then that means it HAD to be a nuclear warhead.

Speculation is fine, but treating speculation as "the truth" just because it fits a pre-conceived notion is simply going down a dangerous path.

As long as you are speculating, why stop just a nuclear warhead? Why not say it was some sort of anti-matter bomb? Why not say NASA created some sort of inter-dimensional rift bomb -- one that tears a whole in the fabric of space...I mean, as long as you are engaged in speculation, you may as well keep speculating. Every one of those wild ideas is equally valid under the guise of "NASA lies, so if they say it was a Centaur Rocket, then that means it was something else".

edit on 9/9/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

join