It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US economy creates 96,000 jobs but figure disappoints...August numbers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I linked a BBC post to try and give a non-partisan view...

96,000 Jobs

So we averaged 139,000 per month for 2012, BUT we lost 368,000 in the month of August alone...
The Average is 97,000 gained per month since Obama took office and he is boasting that he has created 4.5 million...that would be a good number if it was just ONE year since we need 350k per month gains to get out of our recession, BUT we are talking almost FOUR years...

I just do not understand why people believe his hype. He has not met a single promise economic wise or not. (do you all remember the "transparency government" promise?) ya right...lol

He did push his Obamacare through with a democrat congress, that 65% plus of all Americans do not want, but hey when I watched Clinton speak I wanted to vote for Clinton again...

What Clinton and Reagan had that Obama will never have is the ability to work with a congress of the opposite party, they were able to do great things, he is a lame duck...

Obama still had a democratic congress for his first two years and failed miserably, AND still has the senate and can't work pass his narcissistic ego to get our country back on track.

Let's put the waste of 800 billion stimulus in perspective....

If he put that much money into a 15% growth program he could have just paid EVERY unemployed person 30k per year for the next 10 plus YEARS, do you guys really understand what 800 billion really means?

It makes little difference to me, I'm well in the top 5%, I drink 18 year old scotch every night and smoke really nice cigars whether Obama wins or Romney wins, BUT I would say about 80% of America is not doing so well, but you are going to vote once again...lol.... for a guy that was a community organizer as his best job to fix YOUR life and make it better.

In a way I really hope he wins.... you all deserve him....

edit on 8-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What you said is so profound to me.

To the general public Obama's blah blah blah has weight.

To Congress Obama's blah blah blah means jack squat.

So from the outside looking in, it looks like Obama is just blowing smoke up our collective butts. But it's only because congress isn't buying into his idea's.

Did I get you right?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
What you said is so profound to me.

To the general public Obama's blah blah blah has weight.

To Congress Obama's blah blah blah means jack squat.

So from the outside looking in, it looks like Obama is just blowing smoke up our collective butts. But it's only because congress isn't buying into his idea's.

Did I get you right?

Basically yes....You need to work with congress and Clinton and Reagan were the pros. I can't say if Romney can or not, BUT I do know Obama cannot in any way shape or form. This is his biggest failure as a President and what REALLY makes or breaks a President.

All you Obama supporters... don't give me your boo hoo .."the house is republican" "the republicans stone wall everything" crap...Clinton and Reagan...once again...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I linked a BBC post to try and give a non-partisan view...

96,000 Jobs

So we averaged 139,000 per month for 2012, BUT we lost 368,000 in the month of August alone...
The Average is 97,000 gained per month since Obama took office and he is boasting that he has created 4.5 million...that would be a good number if it was just ONE year since we need 350k per month gains to get out of our recession, BUT we are talking almost FOUR years...

I just do not understand why people believe his hype. He has not met a single promise economic wise or not. (do you all remember the "transparency government" promise?) ya right...lol

He did push his Obamacare through with a democrat congress, that 65% plus of all Americans do not want, but hey when I watched Clinton speak I wanted to vote for Clinton again...

What Clinton and Reagan had that Obama will never have is the ability to work with a congress of the opposite party, they were able to do great things, he is a lame duck...

Obama still had a democratic congress for his first two years and failed miserably, AND still has the senate and can't work pass his narcissistic ego to get our country back on track.

Let's put the waste of 800 billion stimulus in perspective....

If he put that much money into a 15% growth program he could have just paid EVERY unemployed person 30k per year for the next 10 plus YEARS, do you guys really understand what 800 billion really means?

It makes little difference to me, I'm well in the top 5%, I drink 18 year old scotch every night and smoke really nice cigars whether Obama wins or Romney wins, BUT I would say about 80% of America is not doing so well, but you are going to vote once again...lol.... for a guy that was a community organizer as his best job to fix YOUR life and make it better.

In a way I really hope he wins.... you all deserve him....

edit on 8-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Even if 10 Million jobs were created, that is nothing. It does not matter any way, there is no way to pay off our debts, so whatever any economy does, it will only pay off the debt, and the debt is mathematically impossible to pay off.

And what jobs are these anyway we always here about?

More service industry jobs?

More Government jobs?

More Oil service and Gad jobs?

More prison jobs?

Are these the "precious" jobs you are talking about?

Laughable.

Americans now need to start their own productions. Their own economies. Their own something.

You need to produce something.

Otherwise its futile talk, and thats it.

Nothing is going to save the economy besides Americans producing something instead of consuming everything.

America produces NOTHING.

I dont care if you added 300 Million jobs to this economy. It doesnt matter one bit, if you dont produce anything.

Americans work for other Countries now. They work for the Government, which is a foreign entity at this point.

They work for corporations that dont even have their head offices in America.

America is OVER as we all have known it.

This is now a plantation. An open air plantation and concentration camp.

Produce or die is the new motto.

Production. I dont care what, how, etc.

Produce something now, or all of you are going to own nothing, not even the "illusion" of actually owning something, any longer.

new topics

top topics

join