It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the bunker buster a bust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey there, I am looking for some mathletes to help me out. I recently asked/responded to a question on this thread, and I would like anyone to check the math and let me know where I went wrong.

First the facts:

Now the question I asked:

Can this get through Iran's UHPC? The article states that it is 150 newton/millimeter². I don't know if I'm doing it right or not, but that would equal 21755 psi. Which would cut in half the penetration depth of 25 ft that the GBU-57A/B is claimed to get to. Please correct me if I am wrong with the math.

Thanks in advance...surely I can't be right as there is no way I am smarter than the rocket nerds who developed it.

Edit: I see in this article that they claim they don't know if it will do anything but collapse some passageways and force rebuilding work.
edit on 8-9-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Youre probablt right. You arent smarter than the developer, the capabilities are just a lie. Just like that american assault rifle that never has to be cleaned. And the nagasaki bomb which did less damage than the less powerful hiroshima bomb

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Yes I always wondered why any government would let everyone know the true capabilities of their offensive/defensive capabilities. I think you are right and this is just another one of those items. Thanks!

join