It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The ones that lie, hate, and kill...

There's a lot of religions that have done that. And Christianity is one of them.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Murgatroid

The ones that lie, hate, and kill...

There's a lot of religions that have done that. And Christianity is one of them.

and not just religion.
Atheist believers have killed more than all religions combined.

The best and most authorative teacher of the Creation account is and has been Kent Hovind.
Just the mention of his name gets the fundy atheists frothing at the mouth and flagellating.
To see an atheists response indicates their confusion and self doubt of their faith.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well I would simply say that the Bible doesn't support a long age theory on the order of millions of years, but rather a short time, on the order of about 6000 years. The creation week mentioned in Genesis was just that, a week, or 7 days. The hebrew word for day, yom, when used in conjunction with a quantifier can only mean a 24 hour period of time and nothing else.

And now ladies and gentlemen, Chuck Missler.

On a lighter and more entertaining note,
And now ladies and gentlemen Mr. Conway Twitty

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

and not just religion.
Atheist believers have killed more than all religions combined.

For atheism? Because lack of a higher power compels them to kill people?

Please, show us your proof.

The best and most authorative teacher of the Creation account is and has been Kent Hovind.
Just the mention of his name gets the fundy atheists frothing at the mouth and flagellating.
To see an atheists response indicates their confusion and self doubt of their faith.

The fact that science has not incontrovertibly declared Creationism to be absolute truth tells me that you are speaking out of your rectal cavity. When you have concrete evidence to prove, beyond a doubt, that Creationism actually happened, and that your "God" is exactly who and what the Bible claims him to be - then, I will be willing to take your views more seriously.
edit on 8-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Okay, after fourteen pages, I have a simple question.
Does not Occam's Razor usually work?
It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.
So here's the smallest assumption.
The translation has been screwed up so that you would waste fourteen pages on theory.
What if you could read it without the screwups?

Ya, what if...
thechronicleproject.org...

And OH...all the mistakes went away.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am confused as to the OP's stance in this thread.

They're not 'atheistic' beliefs since they're just inconsistencies with bible passages. And really, don't atheists only have one belief; no God? Lol
I'm wondering if the OP is doubting their religion due to these inconsistencies and wants affirmation that their religion is true and righteous.

Honestly though, can't tell if OP is having a religious crisis and doesn't know how to come back to the answers and so leaves snippy one line answers, or is just having a laugh at everyone else's expense.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
There may be several things that are taken out of context regarding the theory of creation. As an example, genesis to me appears to be more the documentation of an alien abduction then of a creation to me. One thing is clear in the bible for sure, earth is not our home and that can't be taken any other way. When god created us in his image, it often strikes me as the entire bible being a book of genocide and referring to how we were genetically made, or altered.

You have an interesting point and theory, I must say. While the Creation story can be taken in many different ways, this proves to be one of the more interesting depictions. In a sense, you're right, according to this text we -were- not of this world, and we were created. In your sense, perhaps a genetic experimentation? It would prove to be quite interesting indeed. The only question I have of this, is how one can explain the existence of the dinosaurs, or the giant reptiles? It's obvious that they have existed before, but with your theory on the subject it could very well be explained that these 'extra terrestrials' found the planet after it was devoured.

However, with Evolution also being in the mix, how could one explain that as well?

Originally posted by itsthetooth
Perhaps the largest problem with acceptance of the bible is that its listed in a section called "supernatural." We have no other book in this section, and it can't be compared to fiction, sci-fi, fantasy or anything else we have. Things that are supernatural aren't bound to the limitations of science, therefore it becomes impossible to test or prove or disprove the events.

With this being said, Science to a definitive point had explained the beginning of the earth as a violent shaping billions of years ago. They've proven that the world is far older than it says in the bible, and the most daunting of these thoughts is that how is one to be sure that it even happened in such a way? Adam and Eve didn't write the book of Genesis, at least to my knowledge, how is it to be certain that the tale went exactly as it was depicted?

I apologize for not picking up on this sooner, the flu caught me hard and I was absent for quite a while.

Also, if I come across as offensive or cynical it isn't my intention at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night,
on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the
sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

This is an incorrect statement. The Bible says that He didn't create the Sun and the stars until the fourth day. Period. It says nothing about other "light producing objects" that may or may not still exist.

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day)
working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls
heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.
This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our
space program. 1:6-8

This is another incorrect statement. There is absolutely no description of what is it that the "firmament" is, nothing is said about its properties. How is it that one can make a statement saying it would be an obstacle? Exactly what characteristic would prove an obstacle?

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their
photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

So? Considering that we don't even know how exactly photosynthesis works, is there any scientific evidence supporting the idea that only the Sun can drive photosynthesis? Hint: we can grow plants under lamps that emulate sunlight.

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making
the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a
hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions
of stars. 1:16

Is there a point here?

"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the
earth." Really? Then why are only a tiny fraction of stars visible from
earth? Under the best conditions, no more than five thousand stars are
visible from earth with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of
billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies.
Yet this verse says that God put the stars in the firmament "to give
light" to the earth. 1:17

Is there a point here? The stars do give light.

I was sincerely going to reply to all yours points, but it seems to me that you don't have any points. Whoever told you these arguments simply decided to disagree with Genesis for no reason whatsoever. There is no scientific or logic substance behind them.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

The firmament is actually very well described in the Bible from verse 6. And is very related to verse 3.

People have problems with genesis because they dont know what genesis is actually describing.

Genesis is a very old book from a time when people saw a different Gods in everything. Our understanding of genesis is handed down from these times. And we preach prity much the same'o same'o story. So many Bible believer have actuall not expanded on their knowledge when it comes to genesis chapter 1 and 2.
But rather expanded their imagination of what genesis is describing. Like saying that the light in verse 3. is Jesus.

We should not blame atheists for not believing in our preached imagination. Bible believers should be a lot smarter today, and should be able to expand on their knowledge. Rather than trying to force their imagined theory that dosent make sense to anyone else but to them selves.

In Genesis chapter 1. verse 1. It explaines what God created.

The problem with verse number 2 is that it mentions earth right of the bat. So people think that earth is already present. But it is not, if people could just read on. God states that; earth is without form and void.

If earth dosent have a form or void. How can it be present/exist?

Our earth has a form/shape. It is nearly round as a ball. And it has a void of many different denseties. But it didn't have that in verse 2. So how can we preach that earth existed?

If we read a bit more of verse 2. "Darkness was upon the face of the deep".

This explains even further that there is nothing before Moses's eyes. Moses should't even be able to see depth. That is how dark it should be. Because there is no light, there is nothing but absolute empty infinite space.

But we think Moses is talking about a sea of water? How does that fall into place, when earth have no from or void?

Then we have verse 3. God said: let there be light.

We should all know by now that we can not have a light without a source to give light. We can not turn on the light in a room by just saying: let there be light. God didn't do it either. When God said let there be light, God is creating the firmament. It was the firmament that gave light.

But, the very first thing Moses could see was the light. Go into a absolute dark room and look around. You wouldnt be able to see the light bulb, or much at all. If you turn on the light, you would probably be blinded by the light at first. Not being able to see the light bulb.

In verse 6. Moses is able to see that there is a firmament within the light.

If people took their time to think. They would see that Genesis Chapter 1. verse 3. is very much realted to the Big Bang theory. It is realted in more than one way. Many people dont believe in the Big Bang theory either.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Leahn

The firmament is actually very well described in the Bible from verse 6. And is very related to verse 3.

Really? Then describe its properties to me. Did it have color? What was its density? What is a coloid? A gas? A solid? Because the whole description provided in the verse 6 is a single word translated to English as "expanse".

I would not call that "very well described."

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Leahn

Really? Then describe its properties to me. Did it have color? What was its density? What is a coloid? A gas? A solid? Because the whole description provided in the verse 6 is a single word translated to English as "expanse".

I would not call that "very well described."

You misunderstand the point. Genesis Chapter 1. Never had any intention off describing the properties of the firmament. But to give people a simple idea of the stages which existence came to be from a absolute empty space.
Science on the other hand are trying to give us a more detailed description of Genesis Chapter 1 and 2.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You told me that when I said that "people were incorrect to say that the firmament would be an obstacle for our space program because we didn't know any properties of this firmament and we knew nothing about it that would allow for such statement", that I was wrong because Genesis 1:6 "well describes" it.

Genesis 1:6 does not describe it but for a single word.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

I know you're trollin' but i feel that these questions *or lack there of * should be answered anyways

so here goes

PART 1

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night,
on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the
sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

what is light made up of?
def:
light
/lit/
Noun
The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible;
electromagnetic radiation from about 390 to 740 nm in wavelength.

hmm...radiation does not need to be in a sun? since radiation is all around us, in every atom that makes up the universe.
notice how the bible doesn't go into detail about the elements, just that he created certain objects?
that's because we're able to figure out the rest.

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day)
working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls
heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.
This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our
space program. 1:6-8

www.earthhistory.org.uk/the-old-world-destroyed/water-in-the-heavens
underwater tables (caverns filled with water underground which in ancient and modern times are used for wells
Ice in outer space, right outside our atmosphere.

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their
photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

but there was light, the light nescesary to make plants grow is also part of the radiation.

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making
the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a
hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions
of stars. 1:16

probably was just an after thought, since he had created everything else, but most likely
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
also
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

he probably just wanted to be able to see his creation without having to be controlling everything manually. think autopilot.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
PART 2

"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the
earth." Really? Then why are only a tiny fraction of stars visible from
earth? Under the best conditions, no more than five thousand stars are
visible from earth with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of
billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies.
Yet this verse says that God put the stars in the firmament "to give
light" to the earth. 1:17

they give light though don't they?
OMG, they do!

but you have to remember *remember!!*, that light traveling through matter *atoms of any sort* loses it's luminosity, due to reflection and obstacles.
light traveling through a glass wall will, not show as brightly on the otherside, travelling through cement or millions of miles is also going to dimish it's brightness.

God commands us to "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth,
and subdue it: and have dominion over ... every living thing that moveth
upon the earth." This verse is used to justify Christian opposition to
birth control, to concern for the environment, and to animal rights. The
earth was made for humans, and they can do as they damn well please with
it. 1:28

We do have domion, that being said, having dominion does not mean doing as we please, we were meant to take care of the animals.
we have more authority than animals when it comes down to it.
think military.

GOD King
Angels messangers
we are here Humans workers
(fallen angels) probably here, these guys are rouge, but they still fear god
animals they were made to help
plants food? and materials
inanimate objects materials

as you can see
GOD has the ulitmate authority. He decides what is what.
Angels are Gods messangers, they deliver either good news or bad or orders
US/WE/Humans are to

multiply, and replenish the earth,
and subdue it: and have dominion over
since this is what he built us for.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
animals[b/] were created to help us in our work.

Gen 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

see below as far as eating animals in pre-flood earth.

All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats,
mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were
created by God.But, of course, we now know that there were carnivorous
animals millions of years before humans existed.
1:30

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

read this post i made in another thread: you'll get the jist of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
PART 3

God makes the animals and parades them before Adam to see if any would
strike his fancy. But none seem to have what it takes to please him.
(Although he was tempted to go for the sheep.) After making the animals,
God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must
have kept Adam busy for a while. 2:18-20

since they were to help adam, they needed a name.
ex.

excerpt from the book of Ignorimus. Ch2 v9999999
adam: "hey you!"
all the animals: "yes master!!"
adam: "no the big one"
all the giant animals: "yes!"
adam: "the one with the sharp claws"
all the giant animals w/claws: "how may we be of service"
adam: "*#^&$, never mind i'll do it my self"

^^^--- *that was sarcasm and not a real book don't go online looking for it*

so the need to name the species was necessary,
whether there were millions, doubtful since he only needed to name the basic animal,
not the nubian goat, or alpine goat or angora, or cashmere, since they're all goats he'd probably name them goats and go from there if the need be.
and since it was only the beasts of the field and birds of the air, no need to name the fish or insects. *common sense applies here*

God's clever, talking serpent. 3:1

parrots talk, monkeys use sign language to communicate, dolphins are very intelligent as are whales and all other bunch of animals
there are even a couple dogs on youtube that say *eei wauub oouuu* and other funny phrases.
sure there isn't much to carry a conversation with, but this isn't our perfect environment which we were created for.
look at kids w/downs and they're of the HUMAN species imagine animals who have a lower mental capacity they'd be affected on a more pronounced.

God walks and talks (to himself?) in the garden, and plays a little hide
and seek with Adam and Eve. 3:8-11

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
he's not talking to himself, i can walk in my house and my dogs know i'm there because of my steps *common sense applies*
he didn't play hide n' seek either, unless him walking is now hide and seek.

.....oh, you mean be cause of Gen 3:9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
yeah...he was calling to them, as a father does a child, i do it to my dogs all the time, even when i know their location.
the questions which he asked them were for their own benefit. had they taken the blame god would've been more lenient *prob*
but they said.
Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

GOD for the woman he game Adam, he tried to act smart with GOD, and pass the blame unto Eve.

Gen 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

She passed the blame unto the serpent. instead of acknowledging that she ate it of her own will, the man too.

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly
and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his
tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 3:14

that's a good question, did the serpent always crawl? (feet make more sense than hopping, even wings like a chicken or bat but reptile like, *dragons*)
as far as eating dust, when you kill an animal on the ground and swallow it whole, do you wash it first? how about a serpent, how does a serpent wash their prey? with their han.....no that wouldn't work, oh! their cla....no that wouldn't work either....i guess it'll just have to die of hunger instead of eating food with 'tierra' *commonly spelled dirt in english*.

God curses the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. 3:17-18

i don't know if this is a question if so what is the Q?

God kills some animals and makes some skin coats for Adam and Eve. 3:21

he made tunics of skin but i can't find the part that says he killed some animals, and if he did, i still don't see any question here

Cain is worried after killing Abel and says, "Every one who finds me
shall slay me." This is a strange concern since there were only two
other humans alive at the time -- his parents! 4:14

he probably knew that his parents would bare more children, which is what he was thinking and knew that repercussions would most likely come.
and he couldn't kill his parents, that wasn't an option either. *seriously!*

"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD." 4:16

what's the question?

"And Cain knew his wife." That's nice, but where the hell did she come
from? 4:17

see the second question up from here regarding his parents getting it on.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
PART 4

Lamech kills a man and claims that since Cain's murderer would be
punished sevenfold, whoever murders him will be punished seventy-seven
fold. That sounds fair. 4:23-24

Gen 4:23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
Gen 4:24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

that's what it says in entirety, lets go over it shall we?
in 4:23 he says for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
in other words *hold my hand* no, no...what it's expressing here it's that the man was wounded by two men *2*
innocent, clearly a case of self defense.
what he said in 4:24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold
he's saying that if he gets killed by others in vengeance *cold blood*, *vengeance for something that he couldn't avoid doing*,
then those who kill him shall have a greater punishment. or something like that.

God created a man and a woman, and he "called their name Adam." So the
woman's name was Adam, too! 5:2

8034 shem shame
a primitive word (perhaps rather from 7760
through the idea of definite and
conspicuous position; compare 8064);
an appellation, as a mark or memorial
of individuality; by implication honor,
authority, character:--+ base,
(in-)fame(-ous), named(-d), renown, report.

that is what Adam means in the original Hebrew *strongs numbers* it has nothing to do *in that part of the verse* with a literal name,
it could have easily be said MAN. *so he called Eve MAN, hur hur, so it was adam and steve, lol, rofl.* sometimes a little common sense goes a long way.

The first men had incredibly long lifespans. 5:5, 5:8, 5:11, 5:14, 5:17,
5:20, 5:23, 5:27, 5:31, 9:29

read up on the *Hyperbolic Chamber*

The "sons of God" copulated with the "daughters of men," and had sons
who became "the mighty men of old, men of renown." 6:2-4

most likely fallen angels, but i don't see a question.

"There were giants in the earth in those days." 6:4

see previous sentence.

God decides to kill all living things because the human imagination is
evil. Later (8:21), after he kills everything, he promises never to do
it again because the human imagination is evil. Go figure. 6:5

but he shortened their lifespan, so that their evil wouldn't make that much of an affect, then he established a covenant with abraham and his offspring, with guidelines, laws and commandments as a guide/example for the rest of humanity, on how they (humanity) should behave, *i know they blew it*

God repents. 6:6-7

it's not a question,

God was angry because "the earth was filled with violence." But didn't
God create the whole bloody system in the first place? Predator and
prey, parasite and host -- weren't they all designed by God? Oh, it's
true that according to 1:30 God originally intended the animals to be
vegetarian. But later (3:18)

Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
later they were still vegetarian, they just had to work harder. it wasn't till after the flood *where it's been theorized* that the Oxygen levels started to drop and the need to eat meat came into being.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the violence was based on will, something which was a choice to do, he gave opportunity to man to change that choice.
the things which he would control personally would've been anything but free will, he can punish and give illnesses but he won't mess with free will. other wise he would've just made it impossible for Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit. But he left that choice to them.

he changed all that. Still, the violence
that angered God was of his own making. So what was he upset about? And
how would killing everything help to make the world less violent? Did he
think the animals would behave better after he "destroys them with the
earth"? I guess God works in mysterious ways. 6:11-13

He wanted a clean slate, he knew that animals would behave as they do know, but animals kill other animals *us included* out of necessity*
we kill everything due to negligence, greed, envy, and a lot of other reasons. Most of which GOD considers unrighteous.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
PART 5

God tells Noah to make one small window (18 inches square) in the 450
foot ark for ventilation. 6:16

i've seen the modles of the *alleged* ark which was found in the mountains in turkey i think (what's an alleged ark doing in the mountains in the middle of nowhere?)
the ark had holes in the bottom of the ship with a cover.
these holes worked to regulate
air since they had some sort
of cork like devise blocking
the water from entering

as the waves went down the air came in
as the wave went up the air went out.

it's also believed that the ark had
some sort of anchors *near or in the
holes* that maintained the ark from
rolling over.

Q?

Noah, the just and righteous. 6:9, 7:1

Noah, the drunk and naked. 9:20-21

Gen 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

He drank of the wine, he probably didn't know the strength of the wine when he drank.
Either way being drunk has nothing to do with being just or righteous.
since no injustice is being done to anyone, and he isn't
doing anything unrighteouss either.
Alchohol was/is/and probably will allways be used as a way to relax, *relaxing is unjust!!!*
Abusing alchohol isn't unjust either since people aren't being harmed, neither are animals *x'cept the yeast used to create the alchohol, probably*.

Same for being naked, if being naked is unjust or unrighteous,
how would we bathe or "multiply" if you get my meaning?
Do you see how he didn't take off his clothes and parade nude, *like a lot of college frats endorse*.

His son saw his father nude, but didn't bother to clothe him, like his other brothers did.
Instead he went outside and told his two brothers.

God opens the "windows of heaven." He does this every time it rains.
7:11

"The windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained." This happens whenever it stops raining. 8:2

sooo, the heavens were opened once and closed once and that qualifies as every time???
oooookey.

Noah sends a dove out to see if there was any dry land. But the dove
returns without finding any. Then, just seven days later, the dove goes
out again and returns with an olive leaf. But how could an olive tree
survive the flood? And if any seeds happened to survive, they certainly
wouldn't germinate and grow leaves within a seven day period. 8:8-11

depends on the environment,
we get earth*dirt*, sun, oxygen*as the oxygen content was higher in the past* and the speed of growth from a seedling would be alot faster than in current times.

Did you know that adding Oxygen to the water in a hydrophonics system makes the plants grow faster and larger than the regularlly would grow?
and adding Oxygen to fish tanks in an aquaphonics system makes the fish grow larger and faster as well? and all this is backed up by SCIENCE!
the more you know, the less you don't know!

Noah kills the "clean beasts" and burns their dead bodies for God.
According to 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all "clean"
animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. "And the Lord
smelled a sweet savor." After this God "said in his heart" that he'd
never do it again because "man's heart is evil from his youth."

Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
pick and choose, pick and choose, i know you're trolling but, c'mon! the answers are right there under your nose.

So God killed all living things (6:5) because humans are evil, and then
promises not to do it again (8:21) because humans are evil. The mind of
God is a frightening thing. 8:20-21

i'll just remind you of this

He shortened their lifespan, so that their evil wouldn't make that much of an affect, then he established a covenant with abraham and his offspring, with guidelines, laws and commandments as a guide/example for the rest of humanity, on how they (humanity) should behave, *i know they blew it*

He wanted a clean slate, he knew that animals would behave as they do know, but animals kill other animals *us included* out of nessecity*
we kill everything due to negligence, greed, envy, and a lot of other reasons. Most of which GOD considers unRighteous.

edit on 20-2-2013 by ss830 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by ss830 because: formatted wrong

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
PART 6

According to this verse, all animals fear humans. Although it is true
that many do, it is also true that some do not. Sharks and grizzly
bears, for example, are generally much less afraid of us than we are of
them. 9:2

the main reason for animal attacks is either to protect their own, out of hunger,
or they've had humans interact with them one way or another which makes their fear go down, espescially when hungry.
some animals are just curious by nature.

"Into your hand are they (the animals) delivered." God gave the animals
to humans, and they can do whatever they please with them. This verse
has been used by bible believers to justify all kinds of cruelty to
anmials and environmental destruction. 9:2

i'll reffer you to the simmilar 'question' you asked up top.
environmental destruction, animal cruelty, displacement of animals for their land, most of it is just greed, hidding behind the bible,
Prov 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

These are peta, humane society, alf, these are the ones who give out their tender mercies, euthenizing them.

Farmers, ranchers, goat herders, these men "oppress" their animals by giving them shelter, food, medical care when they need it.
most of these farmers are god fearing men *and women* who regard the life of their beasts.

All animals have hands. 9:5

*Strongs Numbers*
3027 yad yawd a primitive word; a hand
(the open one (indicating power, means, direction, etc.),
in distinction from 3709, the closed one);
used (as noun, adverb, etc.) in a great variety of applications,
both literally and figuratively,
both proximate and remote (as follows):--(+ be) able, X about,
+ armholes, at, axletree, because of, beside, border, X bounty,
+ broad, (broken-)handed, X by, charge, coast, + consecrate,
+ creditor, custody, debt, dominion, X enough, + fellowship,
force, X from, hand(-staves, -y work), X he, himself, X in,
labour, + large, ledge, (left-)handed, means, X mine,
ministry, near, X of, X order, ordinance,
X our, parts, pain, power, X presumptuously,
service, side, sore, state, stay, draw with strength,
stroke, + swear, terror, X thee,
X by them, X themselves, X thine own, X thou,
through, X throwing, + thumb, times, X to, X under,
X us, X wait on, (way-)side, where, + wide, X with
(him, me, you), work, + yield, X yourselves.

it's obviously not a hand, this is where the whole carnivorous event started,
it has to do with the payment of blood,
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

"Be ye fruitful, and multiply." With 6 billion people on this planet, we
need to disobey God on this one. 9:7

i'm pretty sure with all the space which we have left *over 70% of the habitable land on earth is uninhabitted*
we can afford to keep multiplying. and when the land gets full we can allways collonize other planets and the ocean!

God is rightly filled with remorse for having killed his creatures. He
makes a deal with the animals, promising never to drown them all again.
He even puts the rainbow in the sky so that whenever he sees it, it will
remind him of his promise so that he won't be tempted to do it again.
(Every time God sees the rainbow he says to himself: "Oh, yeah....
That's right. I promised not to drown the animals again. I guess I'll
have to find something else to do."). 9:9-13

the rainbow is a sign of the covenant, he doesn't forget,
but we/us/you humans have a very short memory.

which brings me to a conspiracy about the gays....they use the rainbow as a way to taunt GOD.
kinda like
*hey you can't kill us, you made a covenant with humanity not to destroy us, so we'll just spread our beliefs around the world so if you decide to kill us all you'll be seen as a liar*
But the covenant was for our own good, if corruption overwhelms humanity that's when Armagedon will happen.
that being said, got hates the sin not the sinner if they change their ways and ask for forgiveness, he would most likely forgive.
he's very tolerant.

God worries that people could actually build a tower high enough to
reach him (them?) in heaven. 11:4

Gen 11:5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
Gen 11:6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

he wasn't woried, once they reached the outer atmosphere they would've been stuck.

why did god flood the earth??

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hopefully that answer some questions and cleared somethings up,
to those who already know he's trolling; never give up a chance to
clear things up, because there will be people who come to these
threads in need of reassurance, or a reason to keep believing, and
when you pass up the opportunity, you've already lost,

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join