It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow you have a lot of questions. Why don't you pray and ask God? Like seriously, just pray and ask him to show you what all this is, why it's challenging for you to understand it all etc etc. And if you're sincere he might just show you all the truth you need.

Like here's the thing. This is hard to explain. But facts don't matter in life. That might sound strange but it's true. Like if everything was fact dependent we would have never accomplished so many things. Like all the facts said that thomas Edison couldn't create the light bulb, but eventually he did. All the facts say a bumble bee can't fly but it does. All the facts proved that man couldn't run a 4 minute mile and he did.

The reason is this. "when the belief is there, the facts don't matter". Please try and remember that. "When the belief is there the facts don't matter". That's how the universe works. If you can believe it you can acheive it, regardless of the facts.

So to come in here and quote a bunch of verses to some how think that your gonna prove anything to a Christian is so absolutely rediculous. Have you felt Gods love in your heart when u pray and worship? Does God show you miraculous dreams? Does God use situations in your daily life to prove to you he's real all the time? This is regular thing for Christians. And just a few examples. Like it happens all the time!!!

Like I can pray and worship and I can feel God inside me. How can you factualize that. And even if you could show me something I'm not gonna change my beliefs. And besides, it's stupid to even think that somehow I could just decide something different. That's not at all how it works. Once your in, your in for life. It's extremely difficult to somehow one day decide not to be a Christian. How do you run away from God once you know him. You can try but it's likely very hard to do.

Also there's way more at stake. We don't believe this is the only life. this is a tiny spec of your life. A milisecond of what time is about to play out. The bible describes it as a vapor here and then gone in a spit second. We believe after you die you end up in heaven or hell forever. Heaven describing a place of paradice, hell desribed as a lake of fire. Most non believers just laugh at that. But it's serious. And as long as you believe there's a God then you believe this as one of the foundational principles of where people end up in the afterlife.

And personally I want to be comfortable and enjoy the afterlife since it's a forever deal. So therefore I have accepted Jesus and although I'm still very much only human I pray, I read the word, I worship God. And allow him to work in me and threw me. And I have a person relationship with him.

And most importantly that gives me hope in life, knowing where I came from, how this world works, and where I'm going. If you're confused or don't understand any of that life is probably very confusing.

so why do you think you need to somehow convince Christians there wrong? Are you not secure in your belief that there's nothing else out there, or no after life? Like objectively from a thrid party standpoint sort of look in and ask "why am I writing this??" Like what would really be the underlying cause? If I was completely confident in what I believe then what added hope do I get by trying to convince Christians there wrong?

Like I don't go out of my way to convince Atheists there wrong. If they want to believe that, that's up to them. If they find hope and joy in that, go nuts! I'll never understand it. And you might never understand Christianity (unless you wanna sign up ha ha) So why not just leave it at that? Like it couldn't possibly give you more hope to ask questions that no one has the answers to but God? So again why not ask him?

edit on 9-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Can i get a degree in Bible Wrongology?

No, but you could get a degree in theology.

I'm taking New Testament studies at my University. Why? Because it's fascinating. I plan on taking Old Testament, World Religions, and any other courses on learning about belief systems that a group of people (I may or may not agree with) hold dearly. Growing up in a religious household, it's very interesting to get another perspective on the matter.

I think it's great that it's taught - typically from a very academic, historically critical perspective - in a University setting.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

So long as you are basing your beliefs on knowledge gained through your own experience and observations I wish you well. But please examine closely all the evidence and consider it, think about what it says about actual timelines and human agendas, and think now about what is repeatable, what is truly within the realm of possibility?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

A wise man on ATS once asked: "Is this thread I am creating an honest attempt at civil discourse/debate about the subject or, am I trying to sow as much hatred as I can about the evil ___________s to wake people up to the fact they are scum?" I was wondering what your thread is really about?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I didn't get one ounce of sincerity from the OP. I think it's clear he/she was making fun of those that do believe in the Bible, while honestly, they don't seem to have a firm grasp on the material themselves. Several things were stated incorrectly in the context the Bible describes them. I debated on actually answering a couple, but then I realized it would get me nowhere.

People will believe what they want to believe, especially when they have an agenda.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have to say it one more time....

"if the belief is there, the facts don't matter"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I'm not bringing personal beliefs into the classroom at all, actually.

I said I was raised in a religious household...I didn't say I subscribe to everything I was taught as a child.

I'm very science minded, too much so, for most of my family members. As of now in my life, I do believe in a higher power or driving force that's pushing us all along (I've had some incredibly things happen. Things that feel a bit more than coincidence.), which can clash with science...but usually they work hand in hand for me.

I'm taking the New Testament study because I want to learn about the inconsistencies in the Bible. I have always had a lot of questions and I was very tired of hearing "You don't ask questions about the Bible..It's God's word. It's infallible." Well, I do want to ask questions about it. It doesn't all make sense to me...the classroom lets me do that.

I understand fully that there are numerous authors, separated by YEARS of time, each with their own agenda, perspectives and opinions on the subject matter at hand. If they were getting their information from a higher power, then it is very likely (read : it has been) tainted by their own, personal beliefs...not to mention the incredible amount of translations, and the fact that the Bible wasn't written in English in the first place.

Trust me, I'm going into it with the right mindset. I just enjoy the debate and the study of it as a historical document.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Murf...a Sperm Cell is an independent Single Celled Organism and so is a Female Egg. This is true for all species. In Humans...the Sperm Cell is ALIVE AND A INDEPENDENT LIFEFORM. So is the FEMALE EGG CELL. They are Living Cells an are Independent Organisms. They can live in proper conditions just as any Animal outside the Human Body and are basically Animals.

Each one carries a Genome and when the two come together and a Sperm penetrates the Egg...then divide they become a Multicellular Animal. They continue to divide by Mitosis and the DNA RNA Genome instructs growth as well as what is being fed to this new Animal. At the point they start developing into a Fetus ancient traits can be seen as a Fetus will take on visible and physical traits from eons past. A Fetus will go through stages where it is physically part Fish then amphibian then Reptilian then at the Amphibian Point it develops Gills which eventually turn into Lungs which breath oxygenated Fluid. The Fetus has a more pronounced TAIL and as it grows this tail is absorbed by the fetus but for some people the tail stays. What we see is Billions of Years of EVOLUTION being carried out as the Fetus Grows.

All of us are FEMALE in the womb...it is only close to the end of development when Hormones are released and determination of SEX is seen. Sometimes the Genetic Code allows for a Human to be born with both sets of sex organs...a Genetic Connection to our Ancient Amphibian Past as Amphibians in the past and even some today...can change their sex if there are too great a number of one sex to the other in a group. Our lungs even as an ADULT are capable of Breathing OXYGENATED WATER as this is a trait from our Ancient Origins of being from the Oceans.

As I have said...belief in a GOD does not conflict with the FACT of EVOLUTION. The Human Body itself is not even one species. We are a combination of many species as without various forms of Bacteria in our Digestive Track...we would die! Our Cells in our body all independently EAT, EXCRETE WASTE, BREATHE AND can for a period...live outside the body. Our Bodies Development is a way for many singular celled organisms to be able to exist more efficiently and this is what drove the First Group of Single Celled Animals to Group Together in order to work as a unit so Multicellular Animals arose. All of this is in the Genomes of every species on earth and a Genetic History is being written. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Dear onecraftydude,

How crafty are you, you seem to think you are very crafty. Why do you need to be crafty if you are sincere? LOL.

Maybe you should read what you typed because mentioning GLP is also a violation of t&c. I do not believe for one second that the OP is insincere.

Poor thing, which is the OP, a believer, not a believer or someone conducting an experiment? Please show us you wisdom and insight. Insincerity is when you claim to be one thing and are another. Truthfulness is when you say who you are upfront. Did he do so? I did. We can never have honest conversations when we begin with lies. Have a nice week.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Explain where DNA came from and how it was introduced into a living cell any celled living thing . . Plants have DNA . I don't know why you say a virus in not a living thing . It multiplies and mutates to avoid antibodies .

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Explain where DNA came from and how it was introduced into a living cell any celled living thing . . Plants have DNA . I don't know why you say a virus in not a living thing . It multiplies and mutates to avoid antibodies .

DNA is simply a long chain molecule. At the time when specific conditions were ripe for the creation of life...all the raw material was present in the Rock...the Sea Water...the UV-Light...DNA is not any different than the construction of any other molecule it is just that people tend to have no understanding that Life is a Natural Process of the never ending Molecular Evolution of Matter constantly arranging itself into more complex forms.

The Sun which is a Star..converts Hydrogen into Helium....Heavier Elements such as Gold, Lead, Copper...etc...are all products of SUPERNOVAS. Thus all the elements save a few in our body are the products of Supernovas. The time involved in this Element Creation is Many Billions of Years more than the Earth has existed. In the same way the Universal Development of Elements has occurred so has these elements been arranged via Chemical reaction into Molecules and over time molecular evolution came to arrange itself into DNA.
Now Life is just a further creation of this process and Life is most likely present through out the Universe. It is not a Miraculous Creation but rather inevitable. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

bla bla bla... So let me see if I get the just of this, your adult imaginary friend, who you believe is all powerful and made the universe about 6000 years ago, and made you in his image. Made you imperfect ,then punishes you for being imperfect. Also keeps attendance and needs money. But also wants you to think less of or even kill other people he created if they don't believe your bible or koran or whatever. Is that about right according to your religions leaders? Bwa ha ha ha... Hey I got a bridge to sell ya in Brooklin, no wait , I got some bitchin ocean front property in Iowa to sell ya, no wait this is even better... God talks to me and said if you don't give me $6 million by next month he will kill you all in a firey doomsday... you religious nuts make me laugh with your lack of a grasp on reality. Try reading some science books once in a while or even doing some real experiments in the real world. And by the way, yes I am a genius, I was tested years ago. Let the flaming begin, but don't expect me to give a rats ass what anyone with an IQ below 150 says...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

When one only looks two chapters into a story, it's easy to draw half-assed conclusions. If you want the whole story, read the whole book. Dig until there's nowhere deeper to go. I have a feeling that you've not gone anywhere near that point.

Who are you to say what's a miracle and what isn't Last I knew, we haven't created DNA, we've only monkeyed with it. That's not impressive, that's childish. Messing with someone else's work to make yourself feel powerful and clever. No...if you want a true miracle, study the Flower of Life, the Seed of Life, the Fruit of Life, and the Plutonic Solids, as well as the harmonic and color vibrations and sacred geometry involved. That kind of stuff does't "just happen". It's designed.

And if you say otherwise, I'll know your delusions are closer to you than your epiphanies. I'm not saying Genesis is accurate, I am saying that there is definitely a deliberate intent to the universe. There is an intelligence of sorts. A genius. We may not show it in our behavior, but the design of our world screams it like a newborn child screams of life.
edit on 9-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are basing something upon a religious belief that has no possibility of proof. Mapping of many species Genomes as well as the Human genome has given us a proof positive line of proof that all species evolved from one source. This is undeniable and is Rock Solid Proof.

Now who is making up stories? Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

..."Amazing Creatures that Defy Evolution". If one can watch these and still deny God and Jesus Christ, they are simply at such a low level of evolution that they aren't capable of seeing beyond the limitations of their own ego.

Here's the giraffe, the woodpecker and the beetle.

Now, will you deny your lord and savior Jesus Christ and stand with me and my brothers by Satan's side?
edit on 9/9/12 by ConspiracyNut23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

If evolution was a "Fact" they would have found "the missing link" they're still hunting for.

Please explain. The missing link between what and what?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Have you felt Gods love in your heart when u pray and worship? Does God show you miraculous dreams? Does God use situations in your daily life to prove to you he's real all the time? This is regular thing for Christians. And just a few examples. Like it happens all the time!!!

What if a follower of Muhammad has the same dreams about Allah? About Zeus? Thor?

What if God tells you to invade Iraq?

At what point can we call these warm and fuzzy feelings you're having delusions?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

I'm not going to go through your entire list of supposed contradictions - I don't really have the time right now - suffice to say that none of them are contradictions of any sort, merely mistakes in perception or interpretation on your part.

Trying to "prove Genesis wrong" by, for example, showing that it records that God made light before He made the sun is nonsensical. There is no reason why God couldn't create light before the sun. Just because you disagree with what the Bible says doesn't make it false... nor does the fact that many scientists disagree with it make it false.

Regardless, let me clarify one point:

Noah kills the "clean beasts" and burns their dead bodies for God.
According to 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all "clean"
animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. "And the Lord
smelled a sweet savor."

Genesis 7:2 states that Noah took SEVEN of each "clean animal" on the ark... for this specific purpose.

...which leads me to wonder, did you come up with these "contradictions" yourself, or did you just find them elsewhere and cut and paste them here? Your OP is littered with quotes from the Bible, yet you missed this one simple point? Odd.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

TextSTOP! How did god create light? Did he wave a magic wand?
reply to post by jiggerj

jiggerj

You don't understand what the bible is teaching. God only creates this artificial light for you. Not Him. He is the celestial light and he is the darkness which is the absence of His celestial light.

Psa 139:12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

You and I are nothing but a creature of what the Creator has created. Your pride can devour you if you are not careful. Mocking God is a foolish thing to do.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Religion is a sure fire way to get a big response
It's also a very good way to preserve information through time, although language changes and meanings of words, and even the actual words in books can be altered the symbolism of ritual changes little.
The word "god" used to mean anything with supernatural powers, the word demon likewise is from Greek meaning anything with unexplainable power like fairy folk.
Religion was also found to appeal to superstitious peasants and as they couldn't read was a good way to control them en mass (scuse the pun)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

TextWhere did the material for the Big Bang come from?
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23]

ConspiracyNut

The material which we came from came from the substance of the Creator. This universe is only the second heaven of which we do not really know the exact number which may exist. We are told that there are at least three heavens by the Apostle John. This universe is only a container for this second heaven.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Science can only use that which is set before them as tools to understanding some of the laws which the Creator has created. Scientists are totally self indulgent to believe that they are somehow gifted above most people. The true gift is the wisdom to love the Creator and the people that He created. The end result of life is to live forever in New Jerusalem and as of now that is in the third heaven.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join