It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
You dont have to debunk anything, OP.

The talking bad snake, happy non-violent grass fed carnivors, creation of woman from man's RIB, shame of nudity after eating an apple, etc.

1. It wasn't a snake she was talking to, it was an "angel of light" ( which Satan was and is) The meaning gets lost in translation.

2. What is so hard to believe blood is not spilled in God's garden at the time, for food or any other reason.

3. If man was created from the earth/dirt. Why can't a woman ( made for the man and from him ) be made from his rib? Doctors make fingers from toes all the time for accident victims. Man can do it but not a god?

4. The point is, Adam and Eve did not know they were naked untill they ate of the tree. The fact god himself made clothing out of animal skins for them, has a much deaper meaning. That can wait, untill you understand simple stuff.

5. Where do you get an Apple from?

All this is FACT as stated by illiterate middle eastern sheepherders 2000 years ago.

But the babylonians and other "sheepherders" who's writing, ledgends, myths and folklore everyone wants to use to refute the bible is admissable evidence?

Scientists are blind idiots and their proven, SCIENTIFIC METHOD be damned.

What "proven Scientific Method?" The only and any "life" they have made is with known ingredients. They have yet to prove where the ingredients came from. They have theories. But no Proof.

NO ONE could argue with such logic.

You are right!

edit on 8-9-2012 by murphy22 because: sent before finished

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by ExNihilo

With all of you questions may I pose another question to you ?

With the advent of the discovery of RNA or DNA in every living cell on earth . Explain how life came to be on Earth . With earth starting out as a sterile red hot rock , there could be no life . With the extreme temperatures, radiation , lack of oxygen and extreme distances no life could come from else where . If a frozen cell were to come to earth in the form of a small comet it would burn up in the atmosphere . Then it would have to start life some where else with DNA . DNA or RNA is very complicated and can not assimilate it's self in a living cell under any circumstances . No scientist will try to tell you that DNA occurs randomly especially inside a living cell .
So how did we get here on earth ? Don't discount God and his creation .

What if God created the building blocks and evolution did the rest ? See theistic evolution, also see panspermia, also did you really say " No scientist will try to tell you that DNA occurs randomly especially inside a living cell ".
Using science to discredit science, all the cool kids do it it seems.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
You dont have to debunk anything, OP.

The talking bad snake, happy non-violent grass fed carnivors, creation of woman from man's RIB, shame of nudity after eating an apple, etc.

All this is FACT as stated by illiterate middle eastern sheepherders 2000 years ago.

Scientists are blind idiots and their proven, SCIENTIFIC METHOD be damned.

NO ONE could argue with such logic.

hahaha

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
reply to post by tinfoilman

For thousands of years it was read metaphorically and allegorically. Everything was a symbol for something.

Exactly. What we atheists don't get is why Christians can't see that the whole thing is metaphors and allegories. Why give Jesus and his alleged resurrection special status?

That's a good question. One I've had myself. But many historians have a rough consensus that there was some type of historical Jesus figure. But what's more interesting is the Apostles and Paul claim Jesus was real and not a metaphor and that he literally raised from the dead.

What's interesting is 12 out 13 (Apostles + Paul) were killed for not recanting that Jesus was a real. I don't know what happened for sure, but I do know one thing, those guys did not think Jesus was a metaphor. They believed he was real and died for that belief.

Now if you read parts of the OT metaphorically or even literally sometimes it does seem it is talking about our archetype of what we think of Jesus today even though those parts were written thousands of years before the supposed Jesus showed up.

So, then it starts to blow your mind to realize all these myths, prophecies, and allegories may have actually physically manifested in some way.

But what is it they say? Jesus is the word made flesh?
edit on 8-9-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

It doesn't matter whether the stuff actually happened. What matters is that what's taken from the stories does have potential, but it's used for more harm than good, because we've become obsessed with one-upping each other.
edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm sorry, someone asked me a question about why some Christians believe what they do. I was answering their question about what people believed, not about what happened.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you actually do want to learn answers to these questions from a religious perspective, I suggest picking up a copy of Wilmington's Guide To The Bible as it pretty much covers many of the passages listed. While I take a much more liberal stance myself, I did find this tomb worth reading through for a more "rigid" perspective.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Genesis is spoken from God's perspective, not ours. This is the mistake most people make. From God's perspective to ours, time dilation must be taken into account. I did a thread on this here: LINK

By God's perspective, 6 days is not what our time dictates by perspective and frame of reference. When the 6 days are paired with what science says happens on each of these epics of time by our perspective, they match. The trailer gives an overview, but the movie sequence needs to be seen. Not only this, but the movie is a commentary on the bias of the cult of reason in relation to faith and evident truth. It has a love story and a twist at the end that makes it an amazing movie to share with your children. Our family loved it.

The video below is from a really great move that is available on Netflix called the Genesis Code.

Further, take in to consideration the spiral of the Golden ratio. Time is on our end, not from God's perspective about creation.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

See,the primary focus of my research isnt where they came from..i focus more on what they did,how it can all be corelated and most importantly,to track them throughout civilizations...its a pity you had to use Sitchin and Daniken to discredit my posts.It was really cheap and you lost all abilities to have an objective discussion in my eyes by doing so...
Now tell me,would my research be complete if i didnt take into account the opinions of those 2 gentlemen as much as of my fellow ATSers and whoever has an interest in the subject?Is there a mention of wars between those gods in sumerian babylonian and later akkadian litterature or is it pure invention of sitchin and daniken?

So you see it doesnt matter to me if they are inter-galactic aliens or interdimensional beings or time travelers or a giant reptilian bird in the sky(gotta love south park...),my original reply wasnt even about their origin rather my belief in their physical presence sometimes in the past

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

You seemed to think you do but have not one shred of proof have you?

I'm not the one who is requiring proof now am i Mr. Condescension? I can sit here and accept existence as i see it. I live one day at a time and i'm not worried about whats out there nor do i care. I don't have all the answers, and neither do you so cease with the sanctimonious diatribe.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

its a pity you had to use Sitchin and Daniken to discredit my posts.

I don't think I wrote that to degrade your post. (maybe subconsciously, i did?) This is ATS after all, and those two are big around these parts.

I should've just asked if you believe that these gods are divine/supreme beings.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We are jews man. What is found in the OT can be found in the NT and vice versa, the people calling themselves jews today are the decendants of the apostates who rejected the Messiah, the Holy One of Israel..

So you are a decendent of the apostates then?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Exactly. What we atheists don't get is why Christians can't see that the whole thing is metaphors and allegories. Why give Jesus and his alleged resurrection special status?

Some of it is allegorical, some of it is rhetorical and some of it is literal. You don't understand this because you're not a believer given revelation. Those of us he gives revelation can see which one is which and be able to discern the meanings of the allegorical and rhetorical. For instance:

Revelation 14:1-5

Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

You think these 144k people are going to follow a baby sheep wherever he goes? Tell me what verse 4 means.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Its all good...i must admit at one point i was almost totally convinced they were aliens
lol but i had to reconsider in light of a whole lot of new informations i am finding here and there.The only thing i can say for sure,is that they were rather physical than spiritual as they shared meals have emotions,experience love hate anger......Thats the only thing im sure of

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
if your god and book were true why did god wait so long to tell people about him? and just tell one small population of the earth. wouldn't he have been at the center of early culture? but he was not explain this to me. its like most Christians discount the thousands of years of civilization and culture and believe the high and mighty ideas that they were first and to answer your question smart people would rather believe in science than fairy tales.maybe if you pray god will give you the answer haha. doubt it though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I will not try to say that God didn't create the many similar animals that died off because of environmental issues of adaptability . Nor will I try to discuss methods that God used that could have been seen to be evolution , but there came a point where God said ,( Now let us create man in our own image ) . There is no missing link .

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Some of it is allegorical, some of it is rhetorical and some of it is literal. You don't understand this because you're not a believer given revelation.

Clam down simba,( we are all equal remember under the eyes of god) remember your literature ..

edit on 8-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm not the one who is requiring proof now am i Mr. Condescension? I can sit here and accept existence as i see it. I live one day at a time and i'm not worried about whats out there nor do i care. I don't have all the answers, and neither do you so cease with the sanctimonious diatribe.

They give them eyes but they cannot see :

"Don't forget to be kind to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it." Hebrews 13:2

Practise what you preach young cub be nice in your gods eyes

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Smack

You think so?

The book of Genesis incorporates the populating of Babylon from Adam's lineage through Noah after the flood. All tribes of people have some history of a great flood in their folklore.

It is said ancient Chinese symbols for a flood was a boat with eight people depicted.

Except that the Enuma Elish predates the Hebrew bible by several hundred years.

Reason is no match for blind faith.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Genesis 1:1 = Perfection

Genesis 1:2 = Judgment...Result Fall of Lucifer

Genesis 1:3 = Re-Generation...As In Revelation Ch. 21 New Heaven and Earth...

This Site Will Be A Big Help - www.kjvbible.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join