It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by powerdrone
God is a infinite being outside of time and space,

Outside of time. Does he have a thought right now? Yes? Okay, how about now? That's at least a few seconds of TIME!!!!! Get it?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

All the matter in the universe (gases, dust, the elements), where did god get this stuff? Did he yell out, ABRACADABRA and BOOGEDY-BOO!

Where did the material for the Big Bang come from?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Lawrence Krauss can answer this question in this awesome discussion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

I'll humor you on this one. God (Yahweh Master of Legions) is the Light. The stars were not an afterthought, they were made to primarily determine the seasons, ages, and years. So again we see that everything else was made seemingly around the earth or at least as far as he was concerned the earth was the center of his universe. He began creation for only one purpose, to create Man. Imagine God standing where Mt. Moriah is located, and on that very spot he began to create building around himself and outwards. So the sun, moon and stars were a virtual clock as depicted from the earth.

You really want to know the truth? The truth is we don't have all the answers, no one does. The creation story was just a vague story of how things got started. The bulk of what really matters didn't begin until Adam failed. Is it possible God created using evolution? Well he said himself nothing with him is impossible and all things are possible. You're worrying about things that do not even matter. The only important thing to men is Messiah's offer of salvation and he will tell us all these things when he comes. Tree of life in one hand, tree of knowledge in the other, these are your only 2 choices.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Most will laugh at me for admitting this, but it is the truth and I am not ashamed of it. When I read the New Testament, especially the words of Christ; I tear up. I know instinctively that it is the truth; I need no proof. Therefore I offer none. The message is one of faith, and I don't feel like it's my place to change that. His sheep know His voice...

Aw, I'm not going to laugh at ya. I just want to point something out that billions of people just don't get.

How many years of intense study does it take for someone to become a doctor? A psychiatrist?

How much knowledge does a lawyer need in order to be competent in his field?

Without massive amounts of knowledge these people run the risk of ruining their lives, as well as the lives of others.

And yet, when it comes to the eternal safety of your very soul, you don't find a drastic, desperate need to study anything and everything on the subject of god and heaven and hell and sin and truth and logic.

I believe that YOU believe in a loving god. But you must also believe that evil and demons and temptation can cause you to lose your way, or rather, FIND your way into eternal damnation.

Do you actually think that you know enough about this god to guarantee your eternal safety? Without tearing the whole religion apart, without studying the entire history of it, and listening to theologians that HAVE studied it all of their lives?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'll humor you on this one.

You certainly did that lmao.

You really want to know the truth?

Ohh go on then tell

The truth is we don't have all the answers, no one does.

You seemed to think you do but have not one shred of proof have you?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
reply to post by jiggerj

All the matter in the universe (gases, dust, the elements), where did god get this stuff? Did he yell out, ABRACADABRA and BOOGEDY-BOO!

Where did the material for the Big Bang come from?

Aha! I am an expert on this question. My two answers are irrefutable.

1. I don't know.
2. Not from magic.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Right enough humouring, you tell a good story but a story is all it is sunshine.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Genesis is a rip off of even older creation myths and flood stories from Babylon.
Do we need to debunk them as well, or can you use common sense and just a smidgeon of critical thinking to identify those stories as myth also?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear ExNihilo,

If this is an experiment than violate the T&Cs, if sincerity is the greatest form of flattery, then insincerity is the greatest proof of fear, fear of the truth. Deny ignorance and have real conversations rather than just troll, this is not GLP.

Maybe you should read what you typed because mentioning GLP is also a violation of t&c.

I do not believe for one second that the OP is insincere. I think he is rightfully aware of how preposterous the Bible teachings are. He is only showing how ridiculous the teachings are so others who are spell-bound might see it from his viewpoint.

I personally believe the Bible was used in the past as a way to get the masses in line. Guilt is the biggest part of the teaching and right behind that is fear. I appreciate the geographic and other history it lends to us today, but to say it was written by anyone other than men is preposterous. If that were so there would only be one Bible and one religion. There would not be several revisions and different teachings for each branch of the Christian faith.

If I were to believe in God and the Bible I would have to replace sanity with blind trust in men who are at best imperfect and at worst evil. I will stick with fact and trust no man as far as I can throw them. On a side note, who in their right mind would want to serve a tyrannical killer with no conscience for murdering the entire planet?

To say that I am not able to understand God because I am only human is just a big cop-out IMHO.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It wasn't that they were building a "tower" it was the attitude in wich they were building it. The created making an affront to the creator.

The Op is hilarious and sad at the same time. There is an answer for every question they has asked. Ironically it is in the very book, chapters and verses they are attempting to refute.

The Op is not looking for answers, only an arguement.

Christians: "Don't cast your pearls before swine." "...... If any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.... " They do not want to uderstand because they would have to repent.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Actually u read it right;im an atheist that believe Yahweh/Enlil is/was a real entity,just like Enki/Satan or Marduk/Ra/Lucifer were all real.A simple example:Remember when Enlil left the council that was deciding what should be done to Marduk,with Ninurta and Nergal to retrieve the weapons of wonders to destroy the cananiites cities?Well I think those are the same 3 that visited Abraham before the destrucrion of Sodom Gomorrha and the other cities in Genesis 18...Like i said if you put the "everybody else is wrong but me" stand and actually read sumerian babylonian egyptian and hebrew litterature about the gods,you realize that everything is linked....but just because he is/was real doesnt mean he created the universe and stuff.....
I think its kinda hypocritical that people believe that ancient civilizations were smart enough to create math writings the pyramids and be well versed in astronomy,yet they were dumb enough not to point out in their litterature that it was all just science fiction they were writing or that it has to be taken metaphorically....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am really confused with what the op is trying to debunk here? debunk what exactly?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well said. I personally enjoy reading your replies to these kind of post.
I liken these kinds of OP questions to a man standing on a train track with a train aproaching..... and instead of getting of the track they wax philosophical and ask, why?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

1. I don't know.

Exactly. The only right answer.

reply to post by wildapache

So are you a Sitchin/von Däniken fan? Do you believe these gods to be divine or aliens?
edit on 8/9/12 by ConspiracyNut23 because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear ExNihilo,

If this is an experiment than violate the T&Cs, if sincerity is the greatest form of flattery, then insincerity is the greatest proof of fear, fear of the truth. Deny ignorance and have real conversations rather than just troll, this is not GLP.

Maybe you should read what you typed because mentioning GLP is also a violation of t&c.

I do not believe for one second that the OP is insincere. I think he is rightfully aware of how preposterous the Bible teachings are. He is only showing how ridiculous the teachings are so others who are spell-bound might see it from his viewpoint.

I personally believe the Bible was used in the past as a way to get the masses in line. Guilt is the biggest part of the teaching and right behind that is fear. I appreciate the geographic and other history it lends to us today, but to say it was written by anyone other than men is preposterous. If that were so there would only be one Bible and one religion. There would not be several revisions and different teachings for each branch of the Christian faith.

If I were to believe in God and the Bible I would have to replace sanity with blind trust in men who are at best imperfect and at worst evil. I will stick with fact and trust no man as far as I can throw them. On a side note, who in their right mind would want to serve a tyrannical killer with no conscience for murdering the entire planet?

To say that I am not able to understand God because I am only human is just a big cop-out IMHO.

Glad to see that after 5 pages someone finally gets my point.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

With all of you questions may I pose another question to you ?

With the advent of the discovery of RNA or DNA in every living cell on earth . Explain how life came to be on Earth . With earth starting out as a sterile red hot rock , there could be no life . With the extreme temperatures, radiation , lack of oxygen and extreme distances no life could come from else where . If a frozen cell were to come to earth in the form of a small comet it would burn up in the atmosphere . Then it would have to start life some where else with DNA . DNA or RNA is very complicated and can not assimilate it's self in a living cell under any circumstances . No scientist will try to tell you that DNA occurs randomly especially inside a living cell .
So how did we get here on earth ? Don't discount God and his creation .

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Your title claims "atheistic beliefs about Genesis"... It would seem to me that an atheist's beliefs about Genesis would be the same as their beliefs about Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers, as well as all the others.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

You think so?

The book of Genesis incorporates the populating of Babylon from Adam's lineage through Noah after the flood. All tribes of people have some history of a great flood in their folklore.

It is said ancient Chinese symbols for a flood was a boat with eight people depicted.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You dont have to debunk anything, OP.

The talking bad snake, happy non-violent grass fed carnivors, creation of woman from man's RIB, shame of nudity after eating an apple, etc.

All this is FACT as stated by illiterate middle eastern sheepherders 2000 years ago.

Scientists are blind idiots and their proven, SCIENTIFIC METHOD be damned.

NO ONE could argue with such logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join