It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians help me debunk these non sense atheistic beliefs about Genesis please

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Funny how the OP calls himself sincere, yet asks questions on a conspiracy theory website.

You know there are books, well written and well researched books on this subject

Just saying

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

Genesis 3 has always looked more like an alien abduction to me than anything else. Adam and Eve even seem to be suffering from having their memory erased, and getting it back after eating the fruit. It's not proof but it sure is shocking how they seem to be getting over transient global amnesia.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

You should read 2nd Kings chapter 2 verse 11 if you want to see something like an Alien abduction . God took Elijah up off the earth .

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

You should read 2nd Kings chapter 2 verse 11 if you want to see something like an Alien abduction . God took Elijah up off the earth .
That doesn't shock me, it reminds me of my favorite part in the bible. Earth is not our home.

Earth is not our home

Of course the problem is that there is always multiple ways that things could be taken. Even the part where god makes us in his image, could have different meanning. IMO Earth is not our home means one thing and one thing only, that earth is not our home. I don't know where religions got the notion that they were speaking in a spiritual sense, I have never found anything to support that.

If earth is not our home, it can only mean that we have a home elsewhere.

Also notice another one of my favorite parts in that section talking about powers. With a slight translation error it could mean that we have disabled powers and there are many things to support this idea as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
This is the definition of Science.
I would suggest you stop making yourself look silly. LOL!

By throwing out dictionary definitions as if they have ANYTHING to do with reality not only are you making YOURSELF look extremely silly, you make it VERY clear that either you are not interested in the truth or you are completely blinded to it because of years of mind control propaganda.

WOW there, dictionary definitions have nothing to do with reality, so i guess you can cuh ruhvb. jfoiufohmjc

ejwfhf foi

efwjkhfiewh

You get it
Do you speak, I think you do as you are communicating here on ATS using language which has definitions to words, this is how us humans communicate.

Do you know what reality is, its a shared experience, and most of us experiencing it tend to communicate better by using language that the one we are trying to communicate with will understand.
When one is growing up they learn these words and their meaning so I dont know what reality your in but it sure seems strange if the meanings to words we use to communicate are irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Seede

Seede,

Your post really made my day.

Its a sad fact that most readers on ATS rarely READ or even believe what they see here.

ATS has some of the most awesome people you will ever meet but it also has many who simply REFUSE to listen to any truth or any warnings you throw out there.

Sadly many have been completely blinded to reality and truth by the massive amount of mind control tools such as Urantia and Zeitgeist, etc.

THIS is the real agenda behind Urantia and all other false religions and this is why many of us here on ATS warn others.

Originally posted by Seede
I really could not understand why it was written. Actually there is no need for the book to exist. It was written by ghost writers with no agenda that I could understand and the doctrines of the work were in direct conflict with much of what Jesus taught.

There IS a stealth agenda behind these things and it is FAR more dangerous than people realize.

Here is the bottom line: ALL false religions are Illuminati mind control

Religion is propaganda and the primary goal is to deceive the mass's into believing that the truth is actually a LIE.

This is why they target and focus on Christianity

THIS is why there is so much HATRED for Christianity.

This is the REASON for things like Urantia

There is a VAST Satanic conspiracy to deceive every person on earth.

The Illuminati use lies and propaganda to cause the world to believe that God is the cause of wars and death.

In reality THEY are the ones behind the scenes manipulating ALL world events.

Originally posted by Seede
I believe that our churches are not doing a good job and that people of today want answers that they are not getting. The churches of today have strayed so far from the teachings of Jesus that most all of them do not even teach the doctrine of Christ anymore.

This is all part of the agenda and is anything BUT accidental:

There is a stealth agenda behind all false religion and virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom has been infiltrated.

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

..the goal is to infiltrate and destroy the Church from within.

Satan has infiltrated organized religion

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

BTW one of the links in the last post refused to behave:

Urantia CIA experimental mind control programming
www.mail-archive.com...@listserv.aol.com/msg115683.html

Here is an alternative:

groups.yahoo.com...

edit on 13-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Could you please list these False religions as you call them?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The only targeted religion I know of by the ACLU is the followers of Jesus Christ called Christians . That is because the others are decoys . When hunting you don't shoot the decoys .That's why Islam is ok to be taught in the 7th grade of the California school system . It is mandatory that the 7th graders participate in the study, practice, and dress of the Muslim religion . You must also form your own jihad in this class . The ACLU excused this as the study of the Muslim culture . Yet just wear a cross !

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Interesting thread concerning Genesis. I look forward to the responses. It will be quite interesting to see how some people spin this one.

No need for spin, God's truth is simple to those whom he dwells with.

First it is important to understand a great period of time passed from Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. As a result of Satan's rebellion the first Earth (created with all things long before mankind existed, think big bang) was destroyed along with all the life Lucifer was in charge of on it (think dinosaurs). Then God re-created (re-formed, re-molded) the Earth into what it is today, full of life designed perfectly to sustain mankind. The re-creation of the Earth took 6 literal days to complete.

1st day - God moved the Earth in to it current position in the Solar system from where it was prior to its destruction (think asteriod belt) as a result of Lucifer's rebellion and subsequint fall. God began the Earth's rotation into a 24 hour day and it's turning created Day and Night on the Earth, as well as gravity.

2nd day - This rotation and creation of day and night hours, also created gravity, which began to clean the air surrounding the planet. On this day the air was made clean and breathable. This day created the atmosphere we see today called in scripture the first "heaven", i.e. "sky".

3rd day - God craeted the shape of the land, some mountainous, some ravinous, these levels craeted weather patterns, contenents and seas. once the land was correctly shaped, plant life was created by God on the surface.

4th day - God put the orbit of Earth in place around the sun, this cleared all remaining dust from the sky, and aloud the stars light to reach the surface of the planet yet again, after the dust of destruction had hid them for so long.

5th day - God created all sea and air life, birds, fish etc.

6th day - God created land animals an finally mankind (Adam).

7th day - God established His law by creating the Sabbath day, a sign forever that those who keep it faithfully will bare the mark of God.

This is the plain truth revealed in scripture. I hope this helps.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

The ones that lie, hate, and kill...

Those are the characteristics of the pretend "god" of this world.

The MAJORITY of religion is a huge deceptive lie.

If you are seeking God, FORGET religion.

Go directly to HIM and skip the middle man.

The word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind FALSE religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

TRUE religion is the work of God, FALSE religion is a man made invention.

The real agenda of ALL Illuminati created false religion is to blind and misguide you AWAY from the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Jesus is the only way to the Father .reply to post by Murgatroid

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello all!

Our scriptures do not touch on the how of creation, because that wasn't the point of them. It's silly to read science into something that was never meant to convey such things. The purpose of the scriptures is to reveal God's purpose for man via the person of Christ. Evolution or the lack thereof simply isn't found in the scriptures AT ALL. The only thing the scriptures tell us is that God is responsible for creation. The details are actually so unimportant in the bigger picture as to not even warrant a mention. The Old Testament points to Christ with types and anti-types of Christ.

People get all hung up and bent out of shape over this. Evolution is observable in nature. As to how and to what degree, I'm agnostic about it, as it has nothing to do with what is important.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Murgatroid

The only targeted religion I know of by the ACLU is the followers of Jesus Christ called Christians . That is because the others are decoys . When hunting you don't shoot the decoys .That's why Islam is ok to be taught in the 7th grade of the California school system . It is mandatory that the 7th graders participate in the study, practice, and dress of the Muslim religion . You must also form your own jihad in this class . The ACLU excused this as the study of the Muslim culture . Yet just wear a cross !

Perception is everything. The ACLU is actually rather fair. I simply don't see an anti-Christian bias there, especially when you get to looking after hearing complaints about the ACLA having such a bias.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

The ACLU is opposed to Jesus . Maybe because it is ran and funded by Jews .
You have not looked at the California 7 th grade curriculum requiring extensive Islamic study . Paul Harvey brought it to my attention in 2000.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
Jesus is the only way to the Father

"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

what could possibly prove to you that there was a God

Hmm, maybe if he would show himself to us one time. Just one time, is that really so hard?

Or how about if the universe wasn't largely explainable by science?

Or a shred of evidence that isn't easily debunked?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

The ones that lie, hate, and kill...

Those are the characteristics of the pretend "god" of this world.

The MAJORITY of religion is a huge deceptive lie.

If you are seeking God, FORGET religion.

Go directly to HIM and skip the middle man.

The word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind FALSE religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

TRUE religion is the work of God, FALSE religion is a man made invention.

The real agenda of ALL Illuminati created false religion is to blind and misguide you AWAY from the truth.

Great answer, BRAVO

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I have had speculation for some time now that god was actually not a very good person, or alien as it might appear. It looks like the bible should observed as a book of genocide.

Anyhow you might want to read a couple of posts I did, one called God was a space alien and not our real creator, and Target food.

Through intense observation, its clear that species know what they are eating as though they were programmed to eat what they do. To make things more confusing, when target food appears to apply, it also appears that it is the best food for them. This instinct has to be programmed somehow and the best thing I'm able to come up with is a creator of sorts. There doesn't seem to be any way that evolution could have afforded this find. The reason is simple, as an example, if you were to tell someone to go out and buy a BMW model SR1, you would have to first have knowledge that they exist.

Based on the fact that species eat the same food as though they know what they are eating, it looks more like they are directed to do so.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The theory of creationism is exactly like every other religion's version of creationism. It was a way to explain something that they didn't know what the answer was. However, as people began to grow more and more interested in science, those who were taught to believe the creationist theory grew angry that their beliefs were being disproved and thought of as wrong.

"God created the heaven and the earth" can be taken in many different contexts. Many people say he created evolution, many people say the world was created exactly how it says in Genesis.

I sit on the fence on this issue. I have faith, but it isn't christianity. I am a Norse Pagan, and I don't follow the teachings of Christianity and Catholicism anymore for reasons that are very obvious. However, I also respect the religion of others until they begin to force their opinion or their beliefs upon me.

This post just seems to quote a gaggle of bible verses, with no real content on what the OP's opinions are.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Transitarian

I know your comments werent directed toward me but I felt it important to personally reply back.

The theory of creationism is exactly like every other religion's version of creationism. It was a way to explain something that they didn't know what the answer was. However, as people began to grow more and more interested in science, those who were taught to believe the creationist theory grew angry that their beliefs were being disproved and thought of as wrong.

There may be several things that are taken out of context regarding the theory of creation. As an example, genesis to me appears to be more the documentation of an alien abduction then of a creation to me. One thing is clear in the bible for sure, earth is not our home and that can't be taken any other way. When god created us in his image, it often strikes me as the entire bible being a book of genocide and referring to how we were genetically made, or altered.

"God created the heaven and the earth" can be taken in many different contexts. Many people say he created evolution, many people say the world was created exactly how it says in Genesis.

I sit on the fence on this issue. I have faith, but it isn't christianity. I am a Norse Pagan, and I don't follow the teachings of Christianity and Catholicism anymore for reasons that are very obvious. However, I also respect the religion of others until they begin to force their opinion or their beliefs upon me.

This post just seems to quote a gaggle of bible verses, with no real content on what the OP's opinions are.
Perhaps the largest problem with acceptance of the bible is that its listed in a section called "supernatural." We have no other book in this section, and it can't be compared to fiction, sci-fi, fantasy or anything else we have.

Things that are supernatural aren't bound to the limitations of science, therefore it becomes impossible to test or prove or disprove the events.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Debunking "Beliefs",is a pretty tall order....

Since beliefs are not based on facts.

You need to look in the mirror.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join