It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual Bigfoot Footage!!??!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This just popped up while doing some bigfoot research on youtube.
Pretty clean and incredible if true...

This could be solid footage.
Unfortunately its only in slow motion. I would have liked to see normal speed as well.

From the post:

I have a cousin who is working up in Revelstoke Canada at a research facility for his Masters Thesis. He's working on enviromental and renewable energy research. He along with his fellow researches where "warned" by government officials not to film or photograph any "sasquatch" and that being an "endangered" species, the government needs to dispell any rumors regarding any existence of this creature. My cousin thought they were crazy but they all had to sign confidentiality agreements either way. He wasn't there one week when he caught a few seconds of one of these crossing a river. He was using a night vision adapter on his field camera. He only got a few quick shots before he had to quit filming or be caught. There is a lot of security at the site. Either way, here it is, I'm putting it out there

edit on 7-9-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Neat little backstory, and I love watching BF videos, but something is SCREAMING, "Guy in elaborate gorilla costume" to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If this really was filmed in Canada than yes, most likely it is a Sasquatch. Thats my opinion and I'm sure there are going to be people that say other wise. If you do a decent amount of research into the subject its fairly obvious that there are hominids living not only in North America but on all continents beside the US. Actually its only in western cultures where hominids are a myth, in most cultures its general accepted that they are really things.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That is a gorilla.
I mean,yes that appears to be a gorilla .

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Odd. I only say that because it is similar to the one in this video (the arm length). Which was posted on 9/7/12. What's the chances? Viral marketing, fake, or real; It's eerie.

www.youtube.com...

That video may have been posted before, but it's the first time I've seen it (and your posted video).

When I was a kid, I always had this weird feeling that if the world was ever to end, species would start popping up that were though to be mythical. Never really thought about it much but with the 2012 prophecy nearing it's end, and more evidence popping up, it made it pop back in my mind. It's spooky.

The numbers of cameras out there today and the growing size of our population would certainly up the odds for photographic/ video proof to grow if something was out there. So, perhaps a rare creature has been found. Native American's have tales about him, so it was bound to happen.

...Then again it could always be someone in a realistic ape costume.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Fist off, the heavy color/filter mods are a sign of falseness.

Secondly, it's a short clip. Too short.

Thirdly, it very much looks to be more gorilla than bigfoot with the usage of the arms.

This video is altered and made for youtube hits.

As much as I wanted to believe when clicking this thread...it's not a bigfoot.

We won't have proof till we have a dead bigfoot, as much as I don't want a single bigfoot dead, they will absolutely never believe without a body. I missed my personal chance by grabbing the wrong gun.
edit on 7-9-2012 by FrostForests because: -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Strange, all of the "Non-Western cutlure people I've talked to(including my wife) about Bigfoot think the idea is retarded.

link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

I agree... Take a look at this guy

m.youtube.com...

They look the same. As much as I would love to believe in bf, I say this vid is of a gorilla.

link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That's what I thought at first, but the way it is walking through the river, and look how tall it is, maybe 8 feet.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Its a shame that some how bigfoot always makes cameras automatically turn off after 9 seconds of film.
dead give away to me.

your filming something that is going to make you famous around the world, and you turn the camera off, like, nope, thats enough, i got all i need.

.... lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Looks staged, and like a guy in suit to me as well.
I thought night vision mode on most cameras as the typical green, where these blues and whites would seem to be indicative of a thermal recording.

If this is indeed a thermal recording, then, it's a guy in a suit since the figure splashing around gives off no heat, which would be consistent with a suit just put on for the occasion.

If it's UV instead of thermal, there should still be some UV shine coming off the body of the subject but we don't have that either.

It may as well be another blur-squatch.

The shape looks like a large silverback gorilla, but, due the poor quality, and the above, I'm guessing man in Gorilla outfit.
maybe?

edit on 7-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Can we get the specs on whatever kind of "night vision" camera that is, please?

Why was he filming that area? If it was related to his research, why would he need to stop filming or get caught? If that's his personal camera and he's sneaking the shot, why was he in the middle of nowhere with "security" in the dark just watchin a gorilla -err, sorry, I mean a Bigfoot walk up on 'em? How did no one else see their visitor?

Just way too many questions... And I haven't even got to the part where I ask how we even know this is Canada and not just some edited film clip of a gorilla in Africa using some effect to make it look like what this kid - I mean researcher - thinks night vision looks like, or as close as he can get, at least?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

It's true the footage is "clean", however it looks so much like a Silver-back Gorilla.
The problem with this is Gorilla don't like water much. they barely even drink water.

The video is very compelling.

One question: Do we know this was really filmed in Canada ? How can we tell ?

Nice catch no matter what it may be S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sasquatch research is the area in which I've spent most of my time, split between the field and the office. It is my opinion, after cursory glance, that this depicts a gorilla, and not a sasquatch. I have no idea why legitimate footage would have these filters or effects in it either. 10 times out of 10 any purported sasquatch footage that contains visual effects, spooky music, etc., are hoaxes.

Someone who legitimately films good quality images of sasquatch will let the footage speak for itself. Anyway, couple that with the other red flags regarding hoaxing, such as the abrupt ending, and even if this footage were real, it will never be included in the small collection of real sasquatch videos that people like myself keep a database of.

EDIT TO ADD:

After watching it some more, it still looks like a gorilla. The main problem remains however...the footage is clear but almost seems to have been darkened purposely. I will admit that from what I know of sasquatch, nothing about the creature in this video jumps out at me as being "wrong," or not in line with a bigfoot. But again, no facial features can be made out because of the darkness. The matter would be easily settled if someone could lighten this up a bit, because sasquatch and gorilla noses look nothing like one another. Sasquatch have noses almost identical to humans, except that they are a bit more hooded, almost flared down in the front.

On some of these creatures this is not as distinguished, but the nose will still look to be rather flat to the face compared to a human nose...But it still looks like a human nose. But a gorilla nose is almost heart-shaped. The difference should jump out at anyone immediately, if the two were placed side by side.
edit on 9/7/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
If this really was filmed in Canada than yes, most likely it is a Sasquatch. Thats my opinion and I'm sure there are going to be people that say other wise. If you do a decent amount of research into the subject its fairly obvious that there are hominids living not only in North America but on all continents beside the US. Actually its only in western cultures where hominids are a myth, in most cultures its general accepted that they are really things.

So then there should be plenty of evidence and DNA to prove their existence. Can you show me where this DNA evidence exists?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Too short of a video to make any sort of conclusions...

I don't know how many people on this thread have been in BC and western Alberta but the area is beyond vast. There are plenty of places where there could be a creature living that we would never see.

I live in Calgary, right beside the Rockies and me and my family go driving and hiking quite a bit. I know from personal experience how big the forests are...

If Bigfoot is a cousin of humans, which realistically he would be, then he would be intelligent and would be able to avoid detection.

We just found a species of primates in Africa that had never been seen before and there is only one video on the 150kg apes. They are supposed to be as close to us genetically as Bonobos, and we JUST discovered them...

news.bbc.co.uk...

There is much to be seen in the world yet...

My wife is one of those people who just does not think Bigfoot exists. She has never learned a damn thing about them, but she has her mind firmly made up...

I personally think it is very ignorant to think that...

One of the best sayings I have ever heard was; the smartest creatures are the ones that hide from man...

Pred...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Strange, all of the "Non-Western cutlure people I've talked to(including my wife) about Bigfoot think the idea is retarded.

Sorry
I worded that wrongly. Most indigenous cultures from around the world have legends of Wildmen. Go to any indigenous tribe and they will most likely tell you of the wildman. The Panda was once thought to be a myth to. It to them 50 years to prove they existed and that's an animal that sits around and eats bamboo. There's a lot of dense forest and jungle out there that is almost never visited by humans.
edit on 7-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Fist off, the heavy color/filter mods are a sign of falseness.

edit on 7-9-2012 by FrostForests because: -

I believe this is thermal imaging or at least thats what it looks like to me. I could be wrong though. Also I first thought that it was just a video of an Gorilla but it says it was filmed in Canada, which if true could could only mean a couple of things:
1. It was filmed in a zoo.
2. Its an escaped gorilla.
3. Its an unknown wild hominid

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This looks like a total fake. Back story to explain away the shortness of the film, and the footage is of a mountain gorilla - that is clear. It's crap like this that makes a mockery of the entire bigfoot study.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If you stop the footage at 0.8 to 0.9 seconds you can get a very good angle of the face.
To me it appears to be the classic Gorilla shape snout and mouth area. It looks elongated to my eyes.
I would wager to say it is either a Mountain gorilla or a Western Low Land Gorilla.

Mountain gorilla on average 6'.3" to 6'.4" when standing full height although taller one's have been reported.

You can see the silver collar that is typical of the Silver-back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join