It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Rape Victim Shoots, Beheads Attacker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you subscribe to biblical teaching, you must also consider "an eye for an eye"
Leviticus 18:6 "‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord."

Leviticus18:16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

And John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

I do not say what she did was biblically sanctioned. But there does seem to be a great deal of bible thumping on this thread.

The woman was raped repeatedly in a land where decapitation of cheating wives is publically practiced.

There is no question in my mind that this was a completely, biblically and politically correct. The man who dishonored her was dispatched. Her husband now knows she was not an adulteress. She may still be executed. But she knows her honor has been defended.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

There is no question in my mind that this was a completely, biblically and politically correct.

Truth knows that the Pharisees manipulated that 'eye for an eye' scripture out of context in order to enforce their own brand of harsh law. If they were doing our Father's Will in adherence to the Covenant, the Messiah would not have spoken out so heavily against them as hypocrites. He was Sent to Fulfill the Law, not to abolish it.

What is being taught in the Old Testament by "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth" is that the punishment rendered by the judges must be appropriate to the crime. It was not a license given to individuals to seek revenge.

edit on 10-9-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
reply to post by littled16

riginally posted by RealSpoke reply to post by PrimeLight According to the bible, all sins are judged as equal. A murderer is the same as an adulterer. Humans are born and live in sin. So, a christian can very well commit murder and still be christian. If humans didn't sin Jesus being crucified wouldn't have been necessary. You sound like a pharisees and Jesus hated them. Just sayin..... edit on 9-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given) For once I am in total agreement with what you said! May wonders never cease! Have a great day!

Interesting that I am once again likened to a Pharisee when it was the Pharisees who condoned the Unlawful punishments and murder that I clearly express against--you may want to re-examine who truly carries the 'eye for an eye' Pharisee rhetoric here.

I praise my Father that I am not like the majority of the children destined to endure a fate worse than that of Noah's generation, for it is a wicked generation that sees white as black and black as white because they are strangers to Him, Blinded for their faithlessness and a chosen ignorance in a gleeful rebellion. .

It is the despisers of the Law and Truth who will go through the most severe testing with the many coming severe trials He has shown me for my Love and trust, because any mercy that is not offered within wicked hearts will justly not be Granted Mercy in turn, void of sincere repentance.

Fear of Yahuwah is the beginning of wisdom.

For someone who likes to quote from the scriptures so much you sure like to pick and choose whatever ones suit your argument. With all of your judgmental rhetoric it seems you have forgotten the whole lesson about judging not lest ye be judged.

You have your beliefs, that's fine and dandy. But that doesn't make you the end all and be all of biblical interpretation. Your interpretation is always "right" therefore everyone else is wrong.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that any one sin is greater than any other. Yes, in the Old Testament there are different punishments for various sins- but sin is sin. It does not say that God differentiates sin- that is just your own personal belief and interpretation. That specific opinion is not in the big rule book.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

With all of your judgmental rhetoric it seems you have forgotten the whole lesson about judging not lest ye be judged.

Interesting also that you write such after just implying in support that I am like a Pharisee and that Christ would hate me for that. I informed of the Law and the potential Divine consequences for breaches in my postings, yet it was you who chose to judge me personally here.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that any one sin is greater than any other.

Untrue.
Mark 3:29
"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal judgment"

I took the time to support and clarify my points clearly, choosing relevant scripture throughout and you are free to reject it all.

Those who also know the True nature of our Loving Christ understand that He did not hate the Pharisees (a statement you supported against me), He hated their wicked deeds.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

With all of your judgmental rhetoric it seems you have forgotten the whole lesson about judging not lest ye be judged.

Interesting also that you write such after just implying in support that I am like a Pharisee and that Christ would hate me for that. I informed of the Law and the potential Divine consequences for breaches in my postings, yet it was you who chose to judge me personally here.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that any one sin is greater than any other.

Untrue.
"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal judgment"

I took the time to support and clarify my points clearly, choosing relevant scripture and you are free to reject them all.

Excuse me, but "in danger of eternal judgement" says possibly but not definitely. You are in danger of eternal judgment for ANY sin that you do not ask forgiveness for. If you cheat on your taxes and do not seek forgiveness you risk eternal judgment. If you lie to somebody and don't ask for forgiveness you risk eternal judgment.

I am "in danger" of getting run over if I walk into the street without looking both ways. I am in danger of going to jail if I commit a crime. I'm in danger of going to Hell if I blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. That doesn't make it a sure thing, it just means it's possible.

Now as far as the Pharisees, they were harsh judges of people. I've read several of your posts in which you seem to harshly judge people whose interpretation of the bible doesn't line up with yours. If I have judged you I am in danger of being judged. It just happens that your judgement doesn't matter to me. You seem to have this "holier than thou" attitude. Everybody's going the way of the people wiped out by Noah's flood except for you because "you are the one who's always right". It smacks of pride to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Excuse me, but "in danger of eternal judgement" says possibly but not definitely. You are in danger of eternal judgment for ANY sin that you do not ask forgiveness for. If you cheat on your taxes and do not seek forgiveness you risk eternal judgment. If you lie to somebody and don't ask for forgiveness you risk eternal judgment.

That scripture singles out that there is NO FORGIVENESS for that specific sin of blasphemy. Where does it mention that towards any other Commandments and sins? That alone is the example that you deny that is meant to reveal that not all sins are considered equal. Such a reference would not have been included by Christ otherwise.

Let those with eyes see and ears listen.

You seem to have this "holier than thou" attitude. Everybody's going the way of the people wiped out by Noah's flood except for you because "you are the one who's always right". It smacks of pride to me.

That 'attitude' is me boldly proclaiming that it is time to wake up from your slumbers in repentance with a turning in trust and surrender towards our Creator with adherence to His Law in Knowledge because most are lukewarm and asleep to the times-- and He has poured His Spirit out abundantly in me (and many other deeply faithful) to proclaim such at this time. You do not recognise my intent because the truth eludes you even when it was placed right before your eyes with that scriptural example I offered on a platter. It was so obvious and you overlooked and continued to further seek fault as you did from your first post that went against the messenger and ignored the message that is in adherence to the Word.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That scripture singles out that there is NO FORGIVENESS for that specific sin of blasphemy. Where does it mention that for all the other Commandments/sins? That alone is the example that you deny that is meant to reveal that not all sins are considered equal. Such a reference would not have been included by Christ otherwise.

Let those with eyes see and ears listen.

Your own quote specifies "in danger of eternal judgement" does it not? In danger of something means that it is possible- not definite. Picking and choosing which part of the verse you want to cling to?

Christ spoke of many things, most of which were questions that he answered. He didn't talk about everything. Why is it okay for you to interpret that God differentiates sins when the bible does not state that but when I say you are in danger of eternal judgement for ANY sin you don't ask forgiveness for you have a hissy fit? Oh, is my interpretation WRONG because yours is always RIGHT?

And what of people who know no better, who had not heard the words of Jesus? Once they accept redemption and ask forgiveness are they still damned anyway for something that happened in the past? What about all that "whosoever believeth in Me should not perish, but have everlasting life"? And what about ALL their sins being forgotten. I interpret ALL to be an inclusive word. It doesn't say "All except this one".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I recognise what is futile when you choose to just completely ignore the scriptural line of 'never forgiveness' for that specific selected sin that you didn't agree with (that served to completely validate my point), and then followed that up with accusations of ME picking and choosing. You seem completely oblivious to your own hypocrisy in what you level at me.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

I am FULLY aware of the hypocrisy. That is the point. You choose to focus one half of the verse, and I choose the other half. It is a matter of interpretation. You are convinced that your interpretation is the only correct one. I accept that while I believe my own interpretation that in the end I could be right or I could be wrong. Arrogance is believing that you are the only one that is right and everybody else is wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The other half of the verse was actually not the point of our discussion (that was revolving around you claiming all sins being equal). You instead went off tangent in reply focusing on punishments and forgiveness after I provided the example of scripture in the Bible indicating a clear disparity for that sin of blasphemy compared to others not given such attention by the Messiah (you also falsely claimed such scriptures did not exist). There are even more scriptural examples that denote disparity in the link below if you care to view them.

Christ did not state that there was a 'danger' of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not being forgiven-- the words are abundantly clear. I will also agree to disagree respectfully if what you read below doesn't further validate the point for you--and I am content to rest the issue there.

www.reclaimingthemind.org...

And what of people who know no better, who had not heard the words of Jesus? Once they accept redemption and ask forgiveness are they still damned anyway for something that happened in the past? What about all that "whosoever believeth in Me should not perish, but have everlasting life"? And what about ALL their sins being forgotten. I interpret ALL to be an inclusive word. It doesn't say "All except this one".

I have already referenced these points already except to reply that the Gospel will be preached worldwide for the 'end times' as already Foretold. Respectfully I don't desire to repeat myself in the same thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oooh, I'm sorry- I thought the point was you being so put out about being compared to the Pharisees, in my opinion because you pick and choose what is right and wrong in your personal interpretation of the bible and that anyone else who has a different interpretation is wrong. You are the one who quoted :
That is the quote YOU used, and then want to come back and say:Christ did not state that there was a 'danger' of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not being forgiven-- the words are abundantly clear.

So YOUR interpretation is that the first half of the verse is all that matters and the second half should be completely disregarded? And the part of the bible that says ALL your sin will be forgiven should be disregarded as well?

And so what if you quoted what YOU perceive to be an example of one sin being greater than any other. I perceive it as Jesus addressing ONE sin- which he DOES NOT say is worse than any other sin in particular. He doesn't say 'oh well blaspheming the Holy Spirit is worse than rape or murder". My interpretation is that if you go through life raping, murdering, lying and stealing and don't sincerely repent you are just as much in danger of "eternal judgement" as you would be for blasphemy. As for you insisting that I post specific verses that quote specifically that if you don't repent for rape, murder, etc. you are in danger of eternal judgement I don't feel like I need to. You who are so learned of the scriptures ought to know that if you aren't sorry for your sins and you don't want forgiveness your immortal soul IS in danger of eternal judgement. In that you are splitting hairs.

I'm glad you are content to rest the issue, because I'm done.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Way to hijack a thread about rape and turn it into another useless debate about scriptures. Those myths are still as irrelevant as ever.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Way to hijack a thread about rape and turn it into another useless debate about scriptures. Those myths are still as irrelevant as ever.

My apologies! I got sidetracked by a verbal assault tirade from one of the "I am God's messenger" cult and got carried away. I have taken attention away from the original intent of this thread- and I am sorry!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

What you likely don't realise (determined by your own words) is that our Father has already told His True Faithful seekers who have knocked on the Door in yearning and diligence so much in advance including Warning of the many dead and 'lukewarm' in faith who will be in the vast majority during the end of the age, strangers to both Him and His teachings. You provided yet another true to life example that His Word is valid in that Truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My apologies! I got sidetracked by a verbal assault tirade from one of the "I am God's messenger" cult and got carried away.

Conducting yourself with insult and false accusations will not grant you Favour and the spiral you are already in will only deepen. Do unto others.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The fact that you refer to your god as 'Him" displays the typical male Christian arrogance that we were somehow "created in His image" or that something incomprehensible as the driving force behind the universe could ever be considered "masculine" or "feminine".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The fact that you refer to your god as 'Him" displays the typical male Christian arrogance

You just inferred that Christ was arrogant because He dared to call Him Father too incidentally.

p.s--I hear the last chapter of the 'fairytale' book is a real shocker.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It is highly unlikely that Jesus ever claimed to be the son of god. He certainly didn't claim to be the product of a virgin birth, either. Never mind the fact that many of Jesus' supposed words were recorded by people that never even met him. Do you read or speak any of the languages these texts were actually written in? No? So you're relying on other people's translations - if you want to learn something you have to get out there and do your own experiments. Live a life based on your own experiences. Oh and should I mention that a human can be brainwashed to believe anything at all? You unfailing devotion is a testament to that more than it is a testament to a conscious divine thinker.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice and I'm sure you mean well, but i'll be just fine on my path that has Served well already by measure of Faith and what it has Revealed in an abundance as Reward.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

bible.cc...

God forgives all sin = all sins are equal. No matter what you do, according to the bible, if you repent then you will be forgiven.

And like I said, your holier than attitude would disgust Jesus. Christians like you do not even understand the whole point of Christianity. It isn't to go bash and judge other humans...

edit on 10-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join