It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Rape Victim Shoots, Beheads Attacker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The Bible is meant to be discerned via the Holy Spirit for there is the Authority of our Creator within it and also the corrupted authority of man. Our conscience Helpfully often speaks of that which is not in the Good Spirit regarding thoughts and deed, for we are Made in the Image from Inception. Evils can never be deemed Good, no matter how one may try in the 'mind and flesh' (void of Graces surrendered in sinful rebellions) to justify them.
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This is from the post I replied to. It's about how the books should be interpreted. Pretty sure you didn't read how this interaction originated, with my posting of a series of versed from the Koran showing intolerance of women and following with similar concepts in the Bible. This member responded to that by pointing out the need to recognize the corrupted authority of man coinciding with the word of God in scripture.

The Koran can be used as a tool of knowing God and growing morally and spiritually, just like the Bible. Each have questionable aspects reflecting an immature society and uplifting wisdom.

Of course I wasn't talking about your examples as good stuff in the Koran. I had in mind stuff more like this.

‘The true servants of the Most Merciful are those who behave gently and with humility on earth, and whenever the foolish quarrel with them, they reply with [words of] peace.’ (al-Furqan 25: 63)

‘And be true to every promise- for, verily you willl be called to account for every promise which you have made.’ (al-Isra 17: 34)

‘Good and evil can never be equal. Repel (evil) with that which is better, and see how, then, someone between whom and you was enmity shall become a true friend. Yet none is given such goodness except those who are patient; none is give this but the most fortunate.’ (al-Fussilat 41: 34-5)

‘And they say, ‘None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian.’ These are their wishful beliefs. Say, ‘Produce your evidence if what you say is true!’ Nay, whosoever surrenders his whole being unto God, and is a doer of good, shall have his reward from his Lord; on them shall be no fear, neither shall they sorrow.’ (al-Baqarah 2: 111-12)

It's an evolving tradition and society, just like Christianity. Please don't respond to this with a slew of heinous excerpts from the Koran. I was the first on this thread to point out how scripture can justify mistreatment of women, I'm not arguing Islam over Christianity.

I'm just saying Islam has some positive qualities and it's people can move forward with the positive aspects of their faith and preserve culture, just as Christians have done.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Sorry and no offense, but honestly you are saying all that from a very confortable position. Talk is cheap.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm sure this woman has had lots of trauma in her life well before these attacks, the fact she could do all of this without a hitch tells me she is not only full of rage (which is obvious) also that she is desenitized to violence.

To be honest she seems like a woman raised around trauma, life long, pent up and then exploded. She could be mentally ill, but I'm not so sure.

If you have parents who are severely violent, you learn that knife throwing, stabbing, and people getting beat around is no biggie, no biggie to the point that it doesn't phase you. Eventually when someone really pushes you go overboard, and lose it and self control is impossble when caught up in the moment.

I hope she gets help if the violence against her is real, believe it or not people are not 100% lost, they can be pulled back from the edge.

edit on 8-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

reply to post by grandmakdw

Turkey is one of the most secular Muslim countries it isn't a theocracy

Sharia in the secular Muslim states: Muslim countries such as Mali, Kazakhstan and Turkey have declared themselves to be secular. Here, religious interference in state affairs, law and politics is prohibited.[44] In these Muslim countries, as well as the non-Muslim West, the role of sharia is limited to personal and family matters.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the 1930s, Turkey became one of the first countries in the world to give full political rights to women, including the right to elect and be elected locally (in 1930) and nationwide (in 1934). Therefore, the Constitution was amended.[18]

Article 10 of the Turkish Constitution bans any discrimination, state or private, on the grounds of sex. Turkey elected a female prime minister, Tansu Çiller in 1995. It is also the first country which had a woman as the President of its Constitutional Court, Tülay Tuğcu. In addition, Turkish Council of State, the supreme court for administrative cases, also has a woman judge Sumru Çörtoğlu as its President.

However, representation of women in political and decision making bodies is low. In the Grand National Assembly of Turkey the percentage of women is 9.1 (17.3 percent is the average in the world).[18] In 1975 the percentage was 10.9 and in 2006 it was 16.3.[19] Only 5.58 percent of mayors are women and in the whole of Turkey there is one governor (among 81) and 14 local governors.[18] The number of women in the Turkish parliament has increased to 14.3% after the Turkish general election, 2011 (79 individuals in the parliament) and most of them are affiliated with the Islamist Justice and Development Party.[20]

In 2005, the Turkish penal code was changed to criminalize marital rape and harshen the sentences for those convicted of honor killings, which previously carried reduced sentenced because of "provocation".[4] The Human Rights Directorate reported that the number of honor killings committed in Turkey rose to 220 in 2007, with most of the killings occurring in major cities.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

She is then said to have cut off his head before carrying it, dripping with blood, to the village square and dumping it in front of shocked onlookers.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Well if her story is true then it is quite tragic. Cutting off someones head and carrying it around makes me think she's not all there? Or maybe PTSD from the raping? I don't know. It really does seem like a scene from out of a movie.

edit on 7-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Its all good and well if it happens to rapists, but sadly for every such cases there are thousands of people being hanged for being gay women stoned for insignificant transgressions etc. .

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If it's true that he was making threats on her family you must consider her act more decisive and effective than anything the police might not have done. As somebody devoted to her family she acted to keep them safe from the harm she experienced first hand. I believe she was somebody taking out the trash, though probably angry, not on a PTSD rampage. What happens to guys like this that go through the court and prison systems? Out in 5-10 with a 50% of committing similar crimes again?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Sorry and no offense, but honestly you are saying all that from a very confortable position. Talk is cheap.

No offense taken, and thank you for being considerate.
Know however that those who Truly immerse themselves in the Path of faith in a sincere love and trust in their Holy Creator (and His Truth) will be provided the special Graces to overcome much testing in a corrupted world. This is not to say that such emotions of hate, anger would not transpire within with a testing, but that they would be allowed to be released in a Withholding to adherance of His Law in that Love 'frequency' and Trust to not commit the great act of dis-Grace that is pre-meditated willful murder. I could never personally claim an ignorance to such Knowledge based on where my path has led me and I would be held even further Spiritually accountable beyond the flesh for such a transgression against the Law.

We are instructed in Christ to not overly cleave to this corrupted world nor to the flesh at the expense of the state of our souls. Those who truly believe in His Promises in overcoming the trials of this world are Blessed already.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

According to the bible, all sins are judged as equal. A murderer is the same as an adulterer. Humans are born and live in sin.

So, a christian can very well commit murder and still be christian. If humans didn't sin Jesus being crucified wouldn't have been necessary.

You sound like a pharisees and Jesus hated them. Just sayin.....
edit on 9-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

According to the bible, all sins are judged as equal. A murderer is the same as an adulterer. Humans are born and live in sin. So, a christian can very well commit murder and still be christian. If humans didn't sin Jesus being crucified wouldn't have been necessary. You sound like a pharisees and Jesus hated them. Just sayin.....

Please provide the scripture that is the basis for your reasoning.

Do you really take as Truth that committing willful pre-meditated murder and stealing because one may be poor and starving are going to be measured on the same spiritual scales of violation in our Creator's eyes at Judgement? Do you think He is a ruthless tyrant that can't see into our hearts to know our true intent behind our actions to gauge the manner and degree of our offenses? Sins are certainly not equal in this fallen state. The scales will be measured Righteously and those that feel they will receive a 'free pass' to the Kingdom no matter what they do in rebellion, by simply calling the name of 'Jesus' (the corrupted false name of the Son) at the 'end' span of their lives, are going to be sorely disappointed on their Day of Reckoning.

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” —Matthew 7:21-23

You state that Yahushuwah's crucifixion was 'necessary' which is a misunderstanding as His Way of Life demonstration for teaching of Truth was what was Deemed necessary to be performed. Our Father did not ever Call for murder as a 'necessary' requirement in a bloodlust. He only Allowed the will of sinful men to perform their wicked deeds in rebellion of Divine Law (as He still does today), though such will is not entirely 'free' the children of perdition will learn.
edit on 9-9-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Well if you are going to send a message, thats one way to do it. Be like anyone else want a peice of me? I got somthing for ya.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Stories such as these tend to bring out the worst in some ATS members. I will never quite understand the intense pleasure that some members take in seeing others getting punished. It reminds of that one quote by Nietzsche: "But thus I counsel you, my friends: mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful."

Well, as a male victim of rape(when I was 8), While I appreciate your POV, I side with the woman on this one. Yeah, she went too far. A simple shot to the dome would have sufficed. But the absolute devastation being raped has on a person's life justifies a very extreme response. Tell ya what: no one will rape her again.

EVER.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good on her, if he was still walking around free... clearly he didn't get justice served to him. If you want it done you've got to do it yourself.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Good for her. Bravo young lady

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm certain there was a way to get revenge without making it so gruesome and public like a good rifle shot from a few hundred yards out or something

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The fact that she shot him multiple times in his "area" tells me quite a bit. She likely was traumatized to an extent. You must remember that this wasn't "just" rape, but ongoing harassment and torment. This is likely what pushed her over the edge. This is not something that is typical of most rape cases, from what I have read.

I can say that I understand why she did what she did. That of course doesn't mean she was right. I harbor suspicions that Islam is to blame, considering the authorities apparently hadn't done anything to the guy. If that is the case, I think what she did is acceptable, mainly because of the law they live under. While there may be "moral" laws for every individual, I am a firm believer that whatever laws you live under should be obeyed. Unless those laws grossly neglect the rights of a certain large group of citizens.

So this is really a hard case to judge. Was she right or wrong for taking the law into her own hands? As I said, I think it all depends on what the law was doing in regards to helping her get justice. If this was the only way justice was going to be had, then I say it is acceptable. If this happened in a different country, under different laws, I may not say the same thing, as I believe that has a lot to do with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If someone tried to devastate my life, family, reputation, and psyche in the same way this woman reported, I could imagine reacting the same way, exactly. If more women defended their honor this way, there'd be a lot less rape happening, that's for sure!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Vigilante justice, while not preferred, is needed in extreme situations in which the person who is being oppressed has little or no other choice to right a wrong. It is tragic what happened to this women and even more tragic the extremes she had to go to in order to ensure justice for herself. It also shows there there is a problem with women`s rights in Turkish society. I have actually been to Turkey and interacted with the people who live there. It was pretty clear to me that women are not viewed as equal to men in Turkish society. There are some very clear social rules that put men before women. Women must pray behind men in the Muslims places of worship. Women often have a hard time securing full time work. And I noticed that you do not see a lot of women, except young unmarried urban women, in public by themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

According to the bible, all sins are judged as equal. A murderer is the same as an adulterer. Humans are born and live in sin.

So, a christian can very well commit murder and still be christian. If humans didn't sin Jesus being crucified wouldn't have been necessary.

You sound like a pharisees and Jesus hated them. Just sayin.....
edit on 9-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

For once I am in total agreement with what you said! May wonders never cease!
Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

riginally posted by RealSpoke reply to post by PrimeLight According to the bible, all sins are judged as equal. A murderer is the same as an adulterer. Humans are born and live in sin. So, a christian can very well commit murder and still be christian. If humans didn't sin Jesus being crucified wouldn't have been necessary. You sound like a pharisees and Jesus hated them. Just sayin..... edit on 9-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given) For once I am in total agreement with what you said! May wonders never cease! Have a great day!

Interesting that I am once again likened to a Pharisee when it was the Pharisees who condoned the Unlawful punishments and murder that I clearly express against--you may want to re-examine who truly carries the 'eye for an eye' Pharisee rhetoric here.

I praise my Father that I am not like the majority of the children destined to endure a fate worse than that of Noah's generation, for it is a wicked generation that sees white as black and black as white because they are strangers to Him, Blinded for their faithlessness and a chosen ignorance in a gleeful rebellion. .

It is the despisers of the Law and Truth who will go through the most severe testing with the many coming severe trials He has shown me for my Love and trust, because any mercy that is not offered within wicked hearts will justly not be Granted Mercy in turn, void of sincere repentance.

Fear of Yahuwah is the beginning of wisdom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join