It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays have the right to marry and always have

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Dark Ghost

"What" made them godless people?
hmmm, if they were created in His image, nothing

and since he supposedly "made" each of us, what a mess he has made, eh ???
edit on 8-9-2012 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You do know, don't you?

You are looking at Democrats in that photo! Surely you know that!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

No, No, No

In 32 States, Gays do not have the right to marry. Will of the majority, you know.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Labrynth2012

these people are godless.

There is no sense trying to reason with them.

Why complain because you don't listen to reason either. Gays are not asking for special rights they are asking to be treated equally which in many states they are not treated equally. The Constitution says everyone is to be treated equally. States that do not follow the Constitution should lose all federal funding.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by Tahnya86
There where actualy two men in the biblical ages who where married, they where respected and knowns as husbands, they went seprate ways to fight wars or something to that effect and sadly where killed by enimies. so this garbage saying its against the bible is only a lie and manipulation of homophobic individuals that have campaigned till today to repress others just because they are not gay.

Really ?

Look this up in YOUR bible if you have one.

The Book of Leviticus, Chapter 18, verse 22 .....
Which says:

American Standard Version - 22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Separation of church and state should be made into law. Just because you choose to follow this delusion means everyone else should follow it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

since they cannot / will not even post the original verbiage, what's the point discussing irrelevant translations ?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Bollocks. Total bollocks. Explain to me exactly how gays threaten the "family unit" without sounding like an idiot and maybe I'll reconsider. Good bloody luck.

If you're deeply concerned with the activities and personal lifestyle choices of others - people you've never met or cared to meet - you have too much time on your hands. Do yourself and the world a favor and take up a different hobby.

Let gays marry each other. If God doesn't like it, he'll work it out himself. He's pretty good at solving his own problems from what I hear. He shouldn't need the help of an army of self-righteous, deluded totalitarian zealots
so take a break from judging people and let god do the smiting. He's getting pretty pissed off at you guys for stealing his only job.

No, really, he is! He told me. I read it in a book!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ok...no more questions?

Let me explain something to you people.

It does not matter if you are gay or straight or white or black to me.

I like everyone.

What I don't like is people who mob around sobbing about how bad their life is.

My life wasnt that great either. But I try not to complain.

Life is whatever it is and for that I am grateful.

Everyday has new beginnings.

You try not to complain,huh?Guess I need to go look up the definition of the word "Rant".

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't support gay marriage because it isn't natural. If someone wanted to marry and have sex with animals should that be ok too? The argument about an infertile heterosexual couple is void because in principal a man and woman produce offspring together, homosexuals NEVER can.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Coinstrike

Computers aren't natural, and neither are cars.
I bet you use both of those two items however, no?
Most medicines aren't natural. Will you refuse all medications?

It is clear people love to hate, and will come up with any excuse to be prejudice.

Have you read the bible? I have to assume not, since you are WRONG.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in a private Christian school, and unlike 90% of the religious, I have actually READ the book from front to back! And since I know everyones going to jump on the bible bandwagon, I may as well point something out;

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A SIN

I challenge anyone to point to a verse in the bible that says it is.
Oh, and before you use the same tired out-of-context Leviticus verse:

Colossians 2:14: "having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

To follow Leviticus is to negate the sacrifice of Christ. And if you have no moral quandaries negating Christ for the sake of intolerance, and insist on using Leviticus, at least use the whole book. Anyone can admit the laws set forth are stupid, out-dated, and honestly, flat-out evil.
If you follow the book of evil, AKA Leviticus, I hope you like stoning your children to death and casting out your wives. Notice I said WIVES. Because God says marriage is between a man and as many women as he wants. If you have any doubt God is a sexist prick--

1 Timothy 2:11-12: "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;she must be quiet."

Come at me, bro.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

While this sounds like a total rant I want to tell you what Wanda Sykes said on the Today show on Thursday morning regarding same sex marriage. ( Wanda is openly gay)
She said, most people just hear the word sex in that same sex marriage. They think we are just always having sex. Sex sex sex, oh and parades. Sex and Parades, we are having all the fun. I thought she was so funny.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Live together for over 6 months most places and it's considered common law marriage. That doesn't matter wether you are gay or straight.

Common law marriage is more like live together for seven years.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

these people are godless.

There is no sense trying to reason with them.

Why complain because you don't listen to reason either. Gays are not asking for special rights they are asking to be treated equally which in many states they are not treated equally. The Constitution says everyone is to be treated equally. States that do not follow the Constitution should lose all federal funding.

Wait a second.. Since when did you care about the constitution? Serious question

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

usmarriagelaws.com...

Apparently not all states have a time limit to call a relationship a common law marriage. The intent must be that a couple presents themselves as husband and wife even if no formal cermony has taken place. Apparently its all in the intent.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coinstrike
I don't support gay marriage because it isn't natural. If someone wanted to marry and have sex with animals should that be ok too? The argument about an infertile heterosexual couple is void because in principal a man and woman produce offspring together, homosexuals NEVER can.
sorry to hear your principles are so askewed as science has made it practical and possible for all homosexuals to conceive or produce/provide for a family.
some with surrogates, some thru IVF procedures, some via adoption and some via court decision.

now, given they are families too, shouldn't they reap the same benefits afforded "other" families ??
and what about the single parents ?? don't they deserve a break, financially ??

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

we've already circled that block ... please check your facts and then thank (star) Wrabbit for the effort.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.unmarried.org...
Alabama: The requirements for a common-law marriage are: (1) capacity; (2) an agreement to be husband and wife; and (3) consummation of the marital relationship.

Colorado: A common-law marriage may be established by proving cohabitation and a reputation of being married.

Iowa: The requirements for a common-law marriage are: (1) intent and agreement to be married; (2) continuous cohabitation; and (3) public declarations that the parties are husband and wife.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Marriage is a Union between a man and women. The laws about marriage are there to protect the interest of a family, should they choose to raise a family, it is set up so that it protects the rights of the family and most importantly children.

Gays have always had the right to marry. They have always had that right. Just not to marry one of the same sex. It is not to protect your right to do whatever you please. The laws set fourth are there to protect the family unit.

You want to protect the children? Why are the majority of people divorced? Not only once, but people are treating marriage like a disposable single use item. They get married and divorced 2, 3, 4 times. How does this effect the emotional and mental stability of the children?

If one wants to reinvent the wheel. The burden should not fall on the rest of society.

It's not reinventing the wheel. Marriage is a union between 2 people. Some churches say that it is only between a man and a woman, while other churches say it is between 2 people regardless of gender. There is a separation of church and state in this country.. so why is our government's definition of marriage influenced by some religion's definition of marriage?

We have a separation of church and state to avoid things like sharia law in Saudi Arabia. It's not ethical or fair to have government rules and laws in place just because of what a few denominations of Christianity believe. I don't see how the burden will fall on society if gays are allowed to marry. Right now the only burden on society around it is Christians keeping others from getting married.

Heterosexual couples can get married in vegas with an elvis impersonator as their officiator... from a Christian standpoint that's much more offensive and disrespectful to God than a gay couple who loves each other being allowed marry in a church with their families present.

God gave us free will. It's not your job to pretend to be God and cast judgement on people and restrict their actions and freedom to live their lives as equals. I will pray for your soul because you've clearly missed the point of Jesus's teachings.
edit on 9/8/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Honor93

usmarriagelaws.com...

Apparently not all states have a time limit to call a relationship a common law marriage. The intent must be that a couple presents themselves as husband and wife even if no formal cermony has taken place. Apparently its all in the intent.
glad to read you searched the info on your own ... well done

as you can see, currently, time invested doesn't matter like it once did.
so, knowing this info as you now do, are you for or against gay marriages ??

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
Never mind that numerous studies find that children raised in Homosexual households are just as well adjusted as children raised in Heterosexual households.

Shouldn't we now abolish the words "homosexual" and "heterosexual" and replace them with "peoplesexual"?

I mean, continuing to use these terms perpetuates the distinction and continues the divide that causes negative thoughts to arise concerning one group or the other. By replacing with one common term, we can then talk of people without always having to refer to their particular sexual orientation, as if it matters anymore.

The communist countries were smart, and they replaced "Mister"and "Mistress" with "Comrade" . Perhaps it's time to take a page out of the communist playbook, and find a common term for sexually active people regardless of their orientation.

The word is PEOPLESEXUAL.

Add it to the dictionary.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I live in a single family house. No one lives upstairs except my sons.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join