It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Ahmadinejad, Netanyahu to attend United Nations general assembly in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hows this for a motley crew? All in the same city, same room? What better time to attack Iran if you were Israel right? Netanyahu would be safe over here, and Ahmadinejad would be stuck over here and easily obtainable. Just a thought anyhow, would be the time to strike imo. However, I am against any attack myself, I am just speaking from a strategical standpoint. Anyhow, this will be a meeting to remember.

A critical showdown is looming over the skyline of New York City, as the chiefs of Israel and Iran both will be attending the same United Nations General Assembly later this month. Also on hand is expected to be U.S. President Barack Obama.

Obama, Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu all are scheduled to attend the meetings that start Sept. 23. In addition, French President Francois Hollande and UK Prime Minister David Cameron also will attend the U.N. forum. And all the principals have been invited to a high-powered lunch hosted by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
www.wnd.com...
edit on 7-9-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In all honesty...that is the BEST way it could end. Get all of these frikkin' leaders together in one place and let them duke out amongst themselves while they leave the rest of us OUT of their stupid wars. Unfortunately, i don't think it would work out but it's a nice thought.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
King Leonidas from 300 anyone? If Ahmadenijad gets detained the entire persian army will go to war (okay, 300 but reverse the armies haha).

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ohh great!
The three stooges of the world are gonna talk about our fate?

I say send in Clint Eastwood and the chair! That made about as much sense as anything else I've heard from those morons!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Probably to play some cards with a couple beers and discuss what should be the next stage in their fear factory...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is it sad I don't have the heart to believe anything of importance will get done? That is if they actually show up. I have the feeling one or more power players won't even show and we will continue on as business as usual.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is nothing new as it happens everytime the entire UN assembly meets. This is where we always see the stories about Iran, Israel, the US and EU nations walking out on each others speeches.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Give them boxing gloves
so they only fight each others and dont involve millions of people with their girly fight
and the winner have a small candy chewing gum

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

As another poster said, I believe Ahmadinejad visits the U.N. every September. His speeches are the best thing about the assembly, with the U.S. and Israel delegates usually walking out. They really look like children when they do that. Anyway, ever since Putin and Bush were at the Olympic opening in Beijing when Georgia decided to invade South Ossetia, there is reason to question whether the September U.N. assembly will be a time when Israel would bomb Iran. I personally don't think it would happen, just because Neytanahu is truly the biggest promoter of an Iran bombing, and to be out of the country when Israel bombs Iran would be like the captain of a ship in danger taking the first life raft.
edit on 8-9-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I agree he would look cowardly, but keep in mind Israel will be obliterated if this attack were to happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's not fair for people to walk out on Amadinajad. At least listen to what he has to say, because walking out shows immediate ignorance.

Netenyahu already said this was the last chance for Obama to directly say military will be the next option, if the programme isn't immediately disbanded. Which is a lot to ask but Obama knows Israel won't wait until after election....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree. It was very disrespectful for them to walk out last time imo. My point is that this could be the perfect time for Israel to attack if they were to. With Ben out of the country, (because surely Israel would be attacked from all sides) it would also make Ahmadinejad easy to obtain if there were a war started.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why does it have to be here..
go to greenland or something,,
someplace that wouldnt be a scrub zone when somebody decides to blow them up

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Massed US, UK, French navies for drill simulating breach of blocked Hormuz

The third US aircraft carrier, USS Stennis, is moving into place off the Iranian Gulf coast to lead a 12-day naval exercise of 25 nations on Sept 16-27, that will include a large-scale minesweeping drill simulating the breaching of the Strait of Hormuz against Iranian efforts to block oil passage through the strategic waterway.

President Barack Obama may see Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on the last day of the exercise. He hopes to present him with proof of US readiness for military action against Iran and demonstrate that an Israeli strike is superfluous.

www.debka.com...

All around the same time the UN Meetings end.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the US and western allies will be as disrespectful and immature as last time and walk out while he's talking?
digusting the way the west treats people that dont 'agree' with our imperialistic ways.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There is already a plan to move oil if the straight is closed. It would not be in Irans best interest to make such a move.
Anyhow, this thing is starting to play out like a movie imo.

top topics

join