It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's figure out why no alien public contact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
"Let's figure out why no alien public contact"

There are report after report that alien contact is happening all the time

It just so happens that not to many others believe, or admit they believe, that somebody
has had contact.
The ones who speak up and say what they have seen, are ridiculed or put into mental health programs
drugged. They are conned into believing they imagined it and that they are ill.
Others just don't say a word so thi won't happen to them.

The alien life forms probably are here and have been here for a long while.

Sorry, by public I mean no alien space ship landing in Times Square, or some such place.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
reply to post by jiggerj

Sounds like a fun, I'll give it a try.

1. I think my gov't sent me to this planet to explore the possibilities of life outside my own planet.
2. If there is life I don't make contact as to not upset or disturb the sociological, religious constructs of the planet.
3. See #2
4. I will not perform any tests on intelligent or non-intelligent life forms. I will only observe.
5. I will explore every part of the planet to learn all there is to know about the biology and geology of this planet.

So, other then number 4, the aliens visiting us are doing pretty much what we would do. Not bad.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by taccj9903
reply to post by jiggerj

Sounds like a fun, I'll give it a try.

1. I think my gov't sent me to this planet to explore the possibilities of life outside my own planet.
2. If there is life I don't make contact as to not upset or disturb the sociological, religious constructs of the planet.
3. See #2
4. I will not perform any tests on intelligent or non-intelligent life forms. I will only observe.
5. I will explore every part of the planet to learn all there is to know about the biology and geology of this planet.

So, other then number 4, the aliens visiting us are doing pretty much what we would do. Not bad.

That would be my take on the matter. Perhaps there are some species of aliens that aren't interfering and some that are.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think the first and most important reason to go there would be to see how technologically advanced they are and determine whether they could be a possible threat to us.
After determining the threat level the next thing i would do is check out the level of their technology. if it is higher tech than ours i might want to steal some of it for reverse engineering. if it isn`t as advanced as ours it would be useful to check it out to see what stage of tech advancement they are at and try to get a general idea of how long it might take them to get to the level of technology we have.
i wouldn`t be very interested in making contact or friends with a primitive civilization,what would i have to gain by doing that? what`s in it for me??

edit on 8-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

i wouldn`t be very interested in making contact or friends with a primitive civilization,what would i have to gain by doing that? what`s in it for me??

BINGO! Why would we go scouring the universe for anything if not for the question of what's in it for us? Wouldn't this be the same for any intelligent beings? If aliens are buzzing around us, it's certainly not for our sake, but for theirs.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

If this has been done before, hey, sue me.

It's ten million years from now and you are there. The government has sent you to explore a distant planet. Your space craft has all the bells and whistles expected of such a super intelligent race. Now, you've reached the planet, so please answer these questions:

1. Why do you think your government has sent you to this planet?
2. If there is life on the planet, do you make contact?
3. How do you make contact?
4. What tests will you perform on these less than super intelligent people?
5. What parts of the planet will you explore, and why?

edit on 9/7/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

1: Resources.
2: Would sit back and observe to get an idea of their behavior.
3: Hmm tough one - crop circles perhaps? Probably safest way for me.
4: the reason I have been sent is to look for resources not to do tests on people.
5: Would probably avoid places that look heavily populated - depends really on what resources I am interested in.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This one person will want you dead.

That's one out of ten.

Now, reveal yourself to a hundred million of them.
Just get on TV and make sure the hundred million know what Gort will do to them if you don't go back to your ship (and say the magic words like Klaatu barada nikto)

And I'd probably slice into some of their livestock with surgical precision using a cauterizing laser, for no particular reason other than someone said aliens did that here so I guess that's what I'm supposed to do on the other planet, when I'm the alien?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
"Let's figure out why no alien public contact"

There are report after report that alien contact is happening all the time

It just so happens that not to many others believe, or admit they believe, that somebody
has had contact.
The ones who speak up and say what they have seen, are ridiculed or put into mental health programs
drugged. They are conned into believing they imagined it and that they are ill.
Others just don't say a word so thi won't happen to them.

The alien life forms probably are here and have been here for a long while.

The first rule of fight club. You do not speak about fight club so it can be tracked back to you.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You say you don't think the earth will be here in 10 million years.Where do you think it's going?Ten million years is a mere drop in the bucket,on a cosmic scale.Not trying to be a d!#*,just wondering on what you base this theory.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why is it in all the movies that aliens always make contact with the american government, why not make contact with pablo in mexico? why is it always the Americans?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What's stopping someone with the right means to explore on there own a frack everything up?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Perhaps alien visitors would be like those safari photographers... Watch, but don't interfere.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Q1: Why do you think your government has sent you to this planet?

A1: Why of course, because we’re currently looking to upgrade our planet.
-Years of natural and manmade global catastrophes have all but destroyed our beautiful earth and so we’re now looking for a new home.

-Or perhaps we’re looking for some resources on this new planet as we have by now likely depleted most of ours.

-Or perhaps we’re looking for some genetic resources as we’ve finally reached a point in our evolution where without an infusion of new genetic material --- we’re doomed to become a race of Gollums.

Q2: If there is life on the planet do you make contact?
A2: Well it really depends. If there is a sentient race currently living on the planet and it is in our interests to communicate with them because:

1. They are likely to be cooperative and helpful to us. Perhaps they might view us as Gods – which would certainly be a nice ego boost.
2. They have equal or better military capabilities

But if it appears that the life forms on the planet will not see “reason” (Ie. Agree to our demands) than there’d really be no point really in establishing contact.

***Note: I’m just basing these responses on how I suspect our government would see things. Not that I necessarily agree. Morally, of course we should respect the wishes of the natural inhabitants of the planet and if it looks as though we could benefit them by announcing our presence than I personally think we should.

Q3: How would we make contact?
A3: We would study their methods of communication. If their atmosphere was similar to ours...I suspect we would send down scouts disguised as natural inhabitant to learn about their culture and communication methods.

Then once that is understand, we would likely start small and first communicate with a small cross section of the ‘regular’ inhabitants. Then we would introduce ourselves to the “leaders.”

(This would be if we needed the inhabitants cooperation) If we didn’t need their cooperation, I suspect we would just again send scouts to get a good feel for their military strength and then invade.)

However, there is something to be said about “manipulating” the natural inhabitants into thinking that we are helping them, when in reality we’re just out for our own interests.

Q4: What tests would you perform on the less than intelligent people?
A4: We would set up numerous cooking challenges amongst our own people --- where we would decide on the best methods of cooking said delicacies. (the natural inhabitants)
-Perhaps something similar to “Top Chef”

If the natural inhabitants were not edible, we would likely still study them to see how they worked. And perhaps later on might set up some petting zoos ect. Or slave labor.

Q5: What parts of the planet would you explore?
A5: Everything, unless it was deemed too dangerous. Ie. I wouldn’t send my spaceship into an active volcano, but I would still want to study the planet in detail to see whether it would be a good vacation spot/good place to set up a new housing complex.

Or at very least to see what natural resources we have to exploit.

***Again please note: Morally, I think we would benefit much more from collaborating with the natural inhabitants if possible and taking the time to understand their spiritual and social structure. We main gain new insights or we may be able to teach them new insights --- which would benefit us in the long run as well.

I’m just basing these responses on how I suspect our governments would handle visiting a new planet now. Hopefully, in 10 000 years we’ll be a better more altruistic human species.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If the Gov sent me then I'm already expendible and what I was told is not the truth or parts of it anyway. As for talking or contact, I would have to put that on hold for awhile. Its just not like you could go down on any planet and breath the air and not get sick! Or I could get them all sick too.
And what would be the reason, food, gold, gas...I would say that the crap we make today would cause a breakdown and I would crash on their planet and be a test dumbie for them. Probes go both ways

Other then that, maybe their much nicer and want to know everything about us. Or I become food, a God, Devil just look at the storys now. If I was to land, it would have to be far away from them and blend in later. Learn as much as I could and hope we all dont get sick!
Last I would warn them!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join