It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's figure out why no alien public contact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If this has been done before, hey, sue me.

It's ten million years from now and you are there. The government has sent you to explore a distant planet. Your space craft has all the bells and whistles expected of such a super intelligent race. Now, you've reached the planet, so please answer these questions:

1. Why do you think your government has sent you to this planet?
2. If there is life on the planet, do you make contact?
3. How do you make contact?
4. What tests will you perform on these less than super intelligent people?
5. What parts of the planet will you explore, and why?

edit on 9/7/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

It's ten million years from now and you are there. The government has sent you to explore a distant planet. Your space craft has all the bells and whistles expected of such a super intelligent race. Now, you've reached the planet, so please answer these questions:

i dont think the earth will be here in 10 million years, im assuming you mean the earth when you say "a distant planet" however, knowing you im making a wrong assumption.
do you mean, any planet in the universe?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

1: Because I signed up to be a pink monkey in space. I likey my bananas!
2: Hells no, them suckers didnt ask to be seeing me. They will likely cut me into peices and sell me to a god.
3: With a gun!
4: Send them to a school, and maybe send one into office as el presidente of the unified planet of Dayumm!
5: Wimmins and fruit. In that order. Resources and then sweet nectar.

Now, isn't it odd that if "WE" did land on an inhabited planet, it would be US who are the aliens?

*Fwoook.....SHOOOOOM..* mind = blown.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
One sentence answer...
To boldly go where no man has gone before, and to hook up with freaky green chicks!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
One sentence answer...
To boldly go where no man has gone before, and to hook up with freaky green chicks!

Man I thought I was strange.

Gotta go buy some special caturday treats now. glhf

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sadly I think we will blow ourselves up well before that possibility becomes feasible.

Who knows though, maybe we need to bring ourselves almost to complete extinction to get to that point.

Its funny to see in all these movies how alien races invade earth for resources or food, when at this time, if we had those capabilities, I don't doubt we would take the role of the invading alien race.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Will we still have Governments in 10 million years?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have always enjoyed questions along these lines.

I personally believe a highly advanced race would pursue a course of non-interference.

I believe it was ML King who said "we now have guided rockets, but misguided men."

You cant be sure what an infantile species would do with such high technology. Sure there will be people who could live peacefully with it. But it only takes one jerk to ruin it for everyone else.

I think the safest course of action in a case like this would be to very very slowly make your presence known.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
First of all this is dependent on weather or not your own govt intended you to make contact on that trip, assuming that to be yes. then you do go for the public address allow everyone to see you moving about the atmosphere in your ship, you also make radio contact with as many frequencies as possible allowing as many people on that planet to be aware of your presence. Its kind if like the wolf in the movie dances with wolves slow open approach with your audience you move closer slowly so as not to invoke a violent reaction. The reason for making contact with as many as possible will for the most part insure your own personal safety the larger the audience the less likely the group as a whole is going to call for you're death, why because you are a curiosity to their planet as a whole, the revelation that they are not alone in this universe. They are going to want to know more about what's out there.

edit on 7-9-2012 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

I think all of those hollywood movies are totally bunk. Any species with the ability to travel interstellar distances would really have no need to come harvest resources.

In contrast though, i do think it is possible for a scenario like the one portrayed in the movie independence day. In the movie, the aliens claim to be there for resources. Yet, there are trillions upon trillion of planets that could be "mined". And then you have all the asteroids, ect that would carry resources. The real purpose i believe, would be to kill off an intelligent species that could one day be a competitor.

Highly unlikely though, imo.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

1. My government didn't send me, I chose to become an explorer and interact with other civilizations
2. If there is life on the planet, I'll make contact when its inhabitants are ready
3. I make contact gradually (creating crop circles at first, appearing in the sky, and conversing with beings who channel)
4. Experiments are no longer necessary
5. I will explore various parts of the planet including sacred sites, populated areas and natural environments

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Aliens have already made public contact on many many occasions. What do you think crop circles are? Derp.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

To harvest resources.

No. That would jeopardize the mission.

Don't.

Figure out ways to control their minds, and to harness their labor. Maybe create a hybrid race to act as middle management (nephilim)

Areas that are rich in whatever resource I am harvesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As to the question of where one would go to if the course of action was to make contact...

The brightest place on the planet. What would that be, NYC?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There are interstellar agreements in place between class 3 lifeforms not to interfere with developing civilizations. You can take a few cows now and then, and graffiti their crops but you can't just land and moon them.

imo.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonVoigt
The reason for making contact with as many as possible will for the most part insure your own personal safety the larger the audience the less likely the group as a whole is going to call for you're death,

I was waiting for this response. I disagree. If you reveal yourself to just ten beings on a different planet (based on the assumption that they have human-like emotions) then at least one of them is going to be frightened of you and all that you represent. This one person will want you dead.

That's one out of ten.

Now, reveal yourself to a hundred million of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor
reply to post by jiggerj

1. My government didn't send me, I chose to become an explorer and interact with other civilizations

Just remember to wash your hands.

This from Wiki on Conquistadors:

Human infections were transmitted for the first time worldwide, from Africa and Eurasia to the Americas and vice versa.[3][4][5] The spread of diseases, including smallpox, flu and typhus, decimated the inhabitants of the New World.

Conquistador

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sounds like a fun, I'll give it a try.

1. I think my gov't sent me to this planet to explore the possibilities of life outside my own planet.
2. If there is life I don't make contact as to not upset or disturb the sociological, religious constructs of the planet.
3. See #2
4. I will not perform any tests on intelligent or non-intelligent life forms. I will only observe.
5. I will explore every part of the planet to learn all there is to know about the biology and geology of this planet.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"Let's figure out why no alien public contact"

There are report after report that alien contact is happening all the time

It just so happens that not to many others believe, or admit they believe, that somebody
has had contact.
The ones who speak up and say what they have seen, are ridiculed or put into mental health programs
drugged. They are conned into believing they imagined it and that they are ill.
Others just don't say a word so thi won't happen to them.

The alien life forms probably are here and have been here for a long while.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

In the case of number 5, when Gary Wilcox was visited by 2 martians (underground) . They were interested growing things such as plants. So a farm, that is what Gary Wilcox had a 300 acre farm. Why? Because they can't grow very well were they are at least that is what they told gary. Mars lost it's atmosphere. So I would have to say they live underground and Nasa, military are keeping it under wraps.
1964, April 24th is the fateful day. And Gary Wilcox had great character. So did Lonnie Zamora the policeman. Though he didn't converse with the martians but they seem to be the same ones.

Lonnie Zamora saw seemly the same craft on the same day but in New Mexico. Oval, 2 little men in the same type of uniforms head to toe. Nothing like the greys that don't seem to need helmets etc.

I think they were spotted because something went wrong with their cloaking device at least that is what they told Gary.

I think their underground government could be at a lose for water. At least in the Ernest Norman book "The Truth About Mars". They have 2000 years left of water and have to use chemical solutions for a shower.

Sound crazy? So is the tubes, the biological sprayer, buildings, artifacts when I look them fro;m approved photos of mars.. And they are obvious at least to me and by the flood of people going to mars artifacts sites so are they.
edit on 7-9-2012 by thetiler because: spelling and additional thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join