It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex assault victim groped by off-duty cop wants apology from Arizona judge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Hmmm. What the judge said is wrong. Never once in my life have I ever considered by going out on the town was I asking for any kind of trouble. If your argument is that by going out in public your chances of being assaulted increase, ok. But then, so? Why would it be a point that needed to be made to a victim of a crime? If she hadn't of worn a dress, she wouldn't have been raped - hear that one a lot. If you hadn't gone to restaurant, your gut wouldn't be so big - if you didn't get on the highway, your chance of getting in a roll over high speed accident is less - if you didn't go swimming you may not have almost drowned - if you didn't go hiking, you may not have been bitten by a tick - if you didn't walk to the mall, that car that swerved and went on the sidewalk and hit you may not have hit you - if you weren't assaulted in public you may not have to listen to some idiot make proclimations that somehow you were at fault for being in public. There is no excuse for assault - if the common denominator is drunk people groping others in bars you'd have a lot more cases of it. Does it happen? Yes. Do hunters get shot by fellow hunters? yes. Would anyone think to make a statement like, well, if you weren't out in the woods hunting this never would have happened?

CJ

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

There is no excuse for assault - if the common denominator is drunk people groping others in bars you'd have a lot more cases of it.

Or most people don't file charges. I would say it's much more common than you would think. I'm a guy, I've been groped by both women and men. I no longer go to bars because most of them are a toxic atmosphere. The judge did not find what the cop did acceptable, or excuseable. The judge has a point with what she said.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

There is no excuse for assault - if the common denominator is drunk people groping others in bars you'd have a lot more cases of it.

Or most people don't file charges. I would say it's much more common than you would think. I'm a guy, I've been groped by both women and men. I no longer go to bars because most of them are a toxic atmosphere. The judge did not find what the cop did acceptable, or excuseable. The judge has a point with what she said.

Well, then we should extend the blame. If you didn't go to a college campus, you wouldn't have been assaulted.
If you didn't stay at home and barbeque with a bunch of friends who got drunk, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to the football game, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to that wedding, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go camping, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to that street fair, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to the concert, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to your family reunion, you wouldn't have been assaulted.

See how easy this is? Why just a bar? There are drunks everywhere, and people get assaulted at all of these. All this judge did was try to moralize going to a bar. Do people get assaulted in bars? Of course. Anywhere someone is blasted there is a chance for trouble. The judge was trying to lay blame on the victim for being in a public venue. Lame.

CJ

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well, then we should extend the blame. If you didn't go to a college campus, you wouldn't have been assaulted.

A college campus is not a bad environment. Change that to a college frat party and you are correct. I never went to one, and I cautioned all my female friends from going to any.

If you didn't stay at home and barbeque with a bunch of friends who got drunk, you wouldn't have been assaulted.

What does a bar full of drunk people have in common with a BBQ with close friends?

If you didn't go to the football game, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to that wedding, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go camping, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to that street fair, you wouldn't have been assaulted.

See my last comment. What do any of these scenarios have in common with a bar full of drunk strangers? The only one with any relevance is the football game. If you see a bunch of completely drunk fans of the team that just got crushed and you go over and taunt them you are putting yourself in a situation to get assaulted. It does not excuse the assault, but you still put yourself into a bad situation.

If you didn't go to the concert, you wouldn't have been assaulted. If you didn't go to your family reunion, you wouldn't have been assaulted.

Depending on the concert, you have a point. Again, it does not excuse the behavior, but I have been to concerts where many people were assaulted, sexually and physically. At a Metallica concert I saw probably 20 girls have their clothes ripped off. I saw the crowd throw a guy over a 10 foot ledge onto concrete and he was carted off on a stretcher.

See how easy this is? Why just a bar? There are drunks everywhere, and people get assaulted at all of these.

The point of a wedding is a marriage. The point of a family reunion is to see family. The point of a BBQ is to eat. The point of a bar is to drink and pick up someone. I am sorry if you can not see the difference. Some environments are simply bad environments. I have never been to a strip club due to the environment. There are places where you put yourself at risk.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The point of a wedding is a marriage. The point of a family reunion is to see family. The point of a BBQ is to eat. The point of a bar is to drink and pick up someone. I am sorry if you can not see the difference. Some environments are simply bad environments. I have never been to a strip club due to the environment. There are places where you put yourself at risk.

The point is you can be assaulted by someone walking down the street. Would it surprise you if I told you I go to a local bar to eat and watch football? I don't drink. And picking up someone at a bar is pretty sad. I've also been to bars to see music. Have I encountered 1000's of drunks? Yep. The last alcohol related incident where I had to leave due to rowdy behavior was at a wedding. Should we tell the victims of sexual assault in football locker rooms they are in part to blame due to there being a lot of "horseplay"? They should have known, right? The excuses are just that - excuses.

CJ

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It's clear you are not interested in the truth and are not even listening to what I, or the judge, have to say. As to eccuses, where was any excuse made? What was excused?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by ColoradoJens

It's clear you are not interested in the truth and are not even listening to what I, or the judge, have to say. As to eccuses, where was any excuse made? What was excused?

The truth? The truth is if you drive a car you are more likely to get in a car crash? Can you imagine a judge telling a victim of a bad driver that they would not have been hit if they weren't driving? Of course not. The excuse is blaming the victim for being somewhere where, according to the judge's logic, she should have known something like that would happen. She is excusing, by blaming the victim, some moron's behavior.

You claim only Frat houses have alcohol on campus. Are you saying there aren't house parties and dorm parties in college? Really? Again, if you go to a social gathering with alcohol, by your standards, you should expect to be assaulted.

CJ

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

She is excusing, by blaming the victim, some moron's behavior.

Oh, wow! Thank you for telling me. I had no idea the judge let this guy walk. His behavior was excused, not his fault, so he was found not guilty right?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Did she or did she not tell the victim none of this would have happend if she was not in a bar?

CJ

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Every women has a right to go out and have a good time at any bar or club she chooses. When she is out, she also has a right not to be touched without her permission. She can dress sexy and enjoy herself. She chooses who touches her; not some guy who has no social skills and lacks the ability to get the affection of women because he spends too much time at church and playing video games.

I love women in general. Women have a general way about them which no man can match. I have a really good time when I am hanging out and getting drunk with my buddies but nothing beats the company of a lady.

I have never felt the need to go up to a gal and start groping her. That will never work to get a gal`s attention. It shows a total lack of social skills and is a extreme violation of a women`s rights.

This judge really put his foot in his mouth when he suggest that she `had it coming` because she was at a bar. What I am wondering is why didn`t some other guy punch that dude in the mouth for groping that gal? Yeah, you start a little trouble at the bar for socking the guy but instant justice is served. At least, tell a bouncer what you just saw and let the lady know you just told the bouncer.
edit on 18-11-2012 by freedomwv because: grammar

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

According to the Arizona Daily Sun, a jury convicted 43-year-old Robb Gary Evans of a felony charge of sexual abuse on July 2. Prosecutors said Evans walked up behind the victim in a Flagstaff bar, put his hand up her skirt and groped her last summer.

The cop should be fired, he is a danger to all women and probably a rapist. Being drunk doesn't make you finger rape women.

"If you wouldn't have been there that night, none of this would have happened to you," Hatch said.

The judge should be fired as she clearly isn't very intelligent. No one has the right to sexually assault people. If it could happen at a bar, it could happen walking down the street. She's a misogynist. It doesn't surprise me one bit that she is a republican.

edit on 7-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

She has to obey the law. She cant dole out punishment at her leisure. If she sentences outside the law all she will achieve is that the verdict will be overturned by a higher instance and then he might get away scott free, because you can only be put on trial once for a crime.

You need this guy

comicrelated.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join