It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At DNC, Obama Defends China Policy, Slams Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

At DNC, Obama Defends China Policy, Slams Romney

U.S. President Barack Obama defended his administration's policy towards China and questioned Republican rival Mitt Romney's foreign policy credentials as he accepted the Democratic Party's presidential nomination Thursday.

"My opponent and his running mate are new to foreign policy. But from all that we've seen and heard, they want to take us back to an era of blustering and blundering that cost us so dearly," Obama said, "You might not be ready for diplomacy with Beijing if you can't visit the Olympics without insulting our closest ally."

www.voanews.com...

Really?

Our largest creditor, home of the "one child policy" home of where the majority of American jobs are outsourced who bloody cares if they get insulted.

Forget the fact of the billions of intellectual property stolen over the decades that has flat out stolen Us technology and other western technology.

Never mind the sweet heart oil deals in Iraq and the mineral rights in Afghanistan never mind that a drone taken down in Iran had Chinese help and Chinese "engineers" were on scene soon after.

Never mind the loss of stealth helicopter during the "Bin Laden raid" where again Chinese "engineers" were on scene yet again.

That is some foreign policy you have there Mr President and some nerve mocking your opponent when in fact you came in to office you have no experience in anything in the real world.

Then we have the comments about Russia "being more flexible" as I remember that same Russia blocking peace prospects in Syria, that same Russia who has armed Iran for decades, that same Russia who is giving Iran nuclear technical help.

But by all means most arrogant,most clueless "President" that this country has ever had mock away anyone with half a brain knows.

Russia and China are no "ally" of this country or its people and Obama's foreign policy of over extended US troops in other countries like Libya,Somalia.Yemen,Pakistan,Uganda and the idiotic rules of engagement in Afghanistan when you came to power.

Virtually handed both countries over to the Iranians really job well done Mr. President Golf clap,
edit on 7-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

China is the USA's closest ally?

What is wrong with Obama?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry Neo

Obama was referring to Great Britian
That was the context...

Golf claps...
edit on 7-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow deliberately thick indeed. If you had been following current events for oh around the last 30 days or so, you would know he was referencing Romney's insult to the British at the Olympic Games in London. You know it is like saying, How can you expect this guy to do anything productive with China when this clown can't even go to London without embarrassing himself. But instead you went Republican make believe land and heard exactly what you wanted to.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Really Olympics where Obama went to go beg to have them in the Us this year and got turned down?

Oh well

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Olympics were in London smart guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
After this week reading the thoughts of people on ATS like you, I have come to the conclusion that this website has been taken over by idiots. This thread is by far the height of anti obama stupidity.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not true. We've always been smart. It's people like you that don't let others speak.

Originally posted by theconspirator
After this week reading the thoughts of people on ATS like you, I have come to the conclusion that this website has been taken over by idiots. This thread is by far the height of anti obama stupidity.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged

for the ready, fire, aim!

+

Bravado factor

(done it myself)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

You and all the other Obama haters love to call him a bold face liar, But this post is a flat out lie and you dont even see it. You people must be trolls, because I've been reading this site for years now, and it had gotten increasingly idiotic around here right around the time you signed up. Which was when campain season started heating up.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Our largest creditor, home of the "one child policy" home of where the majority of American jobs are outsourced who bloody cares if they get insulted.

We do not live in the cold war anymore. Arguing that China and Russia are our "foes" doesn't answer to the issues we face in this country today. It's not China's fault that many of our jobs are being outsourced to them. You can put the blame solely on American businesses cashing in on the cheap labour there, with the added benefit of billions in $$$ of continued Bush Tax cuts here.

Speaking of China and their inhumane laws, since you feel we should treat them as enemies because of that, what about Israel? Their treatment of Palestinians within their country, their warmongering politicians in the middleeast, their continued expansion and illegal occupation of Palestinians land, why do people like you keep shut about them and the $2 billion aid we provide to them annually, yet we should treat China and Russia completely differently even though we're $1 trillion in debt to them? Does this make sense to you??

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You and all the other Obama haters love to call him a bold face liar, But this post is a flat out lie and you dont even see it. You people must be trolls, because I've been reading this site for years now, and it had gotten increasingly idiotic around here right around the time you signed up. Which was when campain season started heating up.

This coming from a Obama supporter who joined in 2012?

I don't believe I have ever called Obama a bold face lair, I have called him a anti-American traitor to the United States Constitution. (and America)

But that's because it's true.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Obama, Bush and most if not all of congress, are traitors to the United States Constitution. The patriot act and the NDAA violate the United States Constitution.

So anyone who supports Obama, Bush, as well as anyone who has a name on the patriot act and the NDAA, is a anti-American traitor.

So, are you paid to support Obama, or do support his wish for a communism democracy like China?

edit on 9/7/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You just can't stand a different opinion and you have to insult people, if you can't win an arguement.

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by RELDDIR

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

We do not live in the cold war anymore. Arguing that China and Russia are our "foes" doesn't answer to the issues we face in this country today. It's not China's fault that many of our jobs are being outsourced to them. You can put the blame solely on American businesses cashing in on the cheap labour there, with the added benefit of billions in $$$ of continued Bush Tax cuts here.

Yeah we live in a more dangerous time than ever all made possible by those 2, and blaming business same old tune different day that never addresses the problems caused by social engineering, and welath redistrubition that has created a slave class in China so that Americans get what they want screw anyone else.

Speaking of China and their inhumane laws, since you feel we should treat them as enemies because of that, what about Israel? Their treatment of Palestinians within their country, their warmongering politicians in the middleeast, their continued expansion and illegal occupation of Palestinians land, why do people like you keep shut about them and the $2 billion aid we provide to them annually, yet we should treat China and Russia completely differently even though we're $1 trillion in debt to them? Does this make sense to you??

What the hell does Isreal have to do with the topic?

Unless all those enemies of the Jewish state are facing enemies armed with Chinese and Russian arms.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Im actually a ron paul supporter. But since the only 2 options are obama and romney, I am going to vote for Obama because if Romney wins, that means for now on, any election in America can be bought by the person with the most money(romney). As a person who beleives there is still hope to bring true democracy back from the brink of extinction, I will not vote for the embodyment of big banks and large corporations.

Romney, with such a vast amount of money at his disposal, an Obama win this year would be a strong message to the millionaires and billionaires behinds the scenes, that America CANNOT be bought. Americans CANNOT be told, "I will create jobs" then give absolutly no plan or idea how to do that. As Americans we deserve more, and you should all be shameful of yourselves for supporting somebody who beleives that Americans must be dumbed down, brainwashed with constant negative energy and told to get in line and embrace the almighty job creators!

As for this post. It is a lie because when Obama referenced "Our greatest Ally" he was not speaking of China. He was speaking of Romneys comments on how London was running the Olympics. Obamas point was, if you can so easily upset our ally, you are not ready to work with our biggest competitor.

If you have different view points from me, fine. I would love to hear them. But make them intellegent, and not just the opinion of somebody you heard on foxnews or where ever.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah we live in a more dangerous time than ever all made possible by those 2, and blaming business

China didn't put a gun to the CEO's and owners of those businesses and forced them to outsource, don't be silly. The people in charge of those businesses made those choices themselves, those businesses made those choices to outsource jobs to China and other asian nations because of the dirt cheap labour. They couldn't care less about the politics in China.

What the hell does Isreal have to do with the topic?

It has plenty to do with this topic. You're arguing that China is taking all our jobs, that they enforce inhumane laws, there for they should be treated as enemies, yet, we give billions in aid to Israel on a yearly bases, despite their actions over the years towards their neighbours, despite their increased tensions in the Middle East. If you are to insist that China should be treated negatively because of those reasons you mentioned, you should be consistent in those arguments when it comes to other countries Israel, but you aren't. It's called hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

China didn't put a gun to the CEO's and owners of those businesses and forced them to outsource, don't be silly. The people in charge of those businesses made those choices themselves, those businesses made those choices to outsource jobs to China and other asian nations because of the dirt cheap labour. They couldn't care less about the politics in China.

The Us Government put a gun to their head in various forms of regulations,taxes,.etc that force them to either go bankrupt or move.

A Us business doesn't give a crap where they do business

It has plenty to do with this topic. You're arguing that China is taking all our jobs, that they enforce inhumane laws, there for they should be treated as enemies, yet, we give billions in aid to Israel on a yearly bases, despite their actions over the years towards their neighbours, despite their increased tensions in the Middle East. If you are to insist that China should be treated negatively because of those reasons you mentioned, you should be consistent in those arguments when it comes to other countries Israel, but you aren't. It's called hypocrisy.

Yeah there is hyprocrisy here getting all bent out of shape about treating other countries as "enemies" and then turn around and say we should treat Isreal as one.

Coming from the posters who said we should not treat other countries as "enemies".

So which way do people want to have it?

Hell lets have if your way call all 3 terrorists and bomb the hell out of them that make people happy?

edit on 7-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The Us Government put a gun to their head in various forms of regulations,taxes,.

Do you know when outsourcing really began to grow? In the 80's, when China began to open up to western investment. During that time Reagan had given the wealthy the largest Tax cut in history. The Bush tax cuts amounted to more than $700 billion alone for businesses, regulations have been cut dramatically since the 70's, yet outsourcing has been on the steady increase regardless:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Tax cuts mean nothing to cheap dirt labour or slave labour. What is $10,000.00 in tax cuts a year to a business in order to employ somebody on minimum wage when you employ in the U.S when you can have somebody doing the same work for $1.00 a day in China or Vietnam? It means nothing. Ofcourse many big businesses will have you believe that they'll return those jobs with more tax cuts here, and some people are actually delusional to believe them.

You can't compete tax cuts with slave labour. You just can't, sorry. Unless you propose we should force workers to earn the same as they do in places like China and Vietnam?

"enemies" and then turn around and say we should treat Isreal as one.

I wasn't the one referring to countries as enemies, you were. I noted that Israel held an equal record to that of China and Russia, and noted your silence on them in comparison.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
reply to post by neo96

Sorry Neo

Obama was referring to Great Britian
That was the context...

Golf claps...

Yes, he indeed was. Romney had some very harsh words for them.

"The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials that obviously is not something which is encouraging"

How dare Romney comment on something that was on every news source already for days!!

"My experience as an Olympic organizer is that there are always a few very small things that end up going not quite right in the first day or so. Those get ironed out and then when the Games themselves begin and the athletes take over, all the mistakes that the organizing committee — and I made a few — all of those are overwhelmed by the many things that the athletes carry out that capture the spirit of the Games."

Clearly he is not in Obama's league. Obama doesn't make mistakes. That's all Bush.

Romney said everything that he had seen about the London Olympics showed "imagination and forethought and a lot of organization," and said he expected the Games "to be highly successful."

Highly successful. He didn't say the best the world has ever seen! Those Brits should have hung him out to dry.

Romney also said he'd passed the sculpture of Winston Churchill next to Westminster Abbey and Parliament,

Wait, wasn't that bust in the White House? Oh, that's right, Obama didn't want it and told them to take it back.

"It tugs at the heartstrings to remember the kind of example that was led by Winston Churchill. And I'm looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again,"

I think Obama looks like a fool when the facts are examined.
www.latimes.com...
Romney's retort to Obama.

"I'm very pleased that my Olympic experience allows me to talk about the Olympics in a straight talk manner and I think it would be appropriate if the president would talk to China in a straight talk manner," Romney said. "They have manipulated their currency for well over a decade. They have taken American jobs and I think it's totally appropriate to show backbone and strength as we deal with other nations around the world. Nothing wrong with telling people the truth."

Too bad truth is not in Obama's dictionary.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Bill Clinton put sanctions on China for selling arms to Iran. Those sanctions prohibit the US from selling weapons to China. Obama got the State Department to declare the LRAD sound weapon, "Not a Weapon"....

And Obama exported the LRAD weapon to China. Now there's a botched foreign policy. Chinas amphibious landings will be much much easier when they attack America.

Thanks Obama!

Your guns are worthless now. The Chinese can now use American made LRADs to subdue you and you won't be able to use your guns to protect yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join