It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

River Turns Red in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just found this. Don't know if anyone else has posted yet....but strange!

gma.yahoo.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Sep 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The third comment down on the link you provide explains that this happened years earlier in the same river and was caused by sewage pollution. There's a good chance it's the same thing happening once again.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I agree %100

I highly doubt this is an end of days prophecy coming true

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well it could be this
Bible's book of Revelations chapter 16 verse 4
One of the signs that Armageddon is near will be an angel pouring a bowl into the rivers turning them into blood
But i think it is connected with the recent Earthquakes throwing up sediment from the riverbed

Cran

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let us know when the lice, frogs, locust, and burning hail show up.

Then I will know that God is going to deliver us from our evil Chinese overlords!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Article detailing this event happening in the same manner before can be found at this link. It was a product industrial waste water leaking into the water supply.

factsanddetails.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That happens when the smallest organisms in the water die. I wouldn't eat fish over there.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
Well it could be this
Bible's book of Revelations chapter 16 verse 4
One of the signs that Armageddon is near will be an angel pouring a bowl into the rivers turning them into blood
But i think it is connected with the recent Earthquakes throwing up sediment from the riverbed

Cran

The seven plagues do not begin until after the mark of the beast is officially implemented. But, I believe it is one of God's ways of telling people of what is to come.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
this link explains why it's likely chemical and not biological. if it is a chemical dump that is a massive dump. the water is soooo red.

www.infochangeindia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
The third comment down on the link you provide explains that this happened years earlier in the same river and was caused by sewage pollution. There's a good chance it's the same thing happening once again.

Rather gross to say but, would it not be more of a brown color than red? Also, are there any reports that indicates it smells?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Omg that's flippin gross. Dont go fishing in Chinese rivers! Cause that Baby Ruth you catch,isn't a baby Ruth.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ConcreteAngel1

There were other incidents of red waterways being reported in teh last few months. The most recent one that comes to mind was dicussed in another thread a few weeks back. Here's the article.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

AX
FTNWO

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
this happens so often in the world that it pops up here at ATS every couple of months. Thres lots of reasons why it happens from bacteria to chemical poisoning. Usually when it happens in china it turns out to be industrial chemicals beingt dumpped into the water.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
this happens so often in the world that it pops up here at ATS every couple of months. Thres lots of reasons why it happens from bacteria to chemical poisoning. Usually when it happens in china it turns out to be industrial chemicals beingt dumpped into the water.

At LEAST every couple months, probably more

People always bring up the religious scripture pointing to the end of the world because of Blood red rivers and what not. I'd be more worried if this didn't happen ALL the time.

On a side note- people in the other thread on this event were droning on with their typical "we're destroying the environment so sad" spiel. I always laugh about such comments. How exactly could we "destroy" the environment? The environment is the environment, unless the planet blows up then the environment has not been destroyed. We can CHANGE the environment so that it's less able to support US as a species, but we can't destroy it.

The blood red rivers and lakes is a perfect example. People say we're destroying the environment because of such things. That's one way to look at it. Usually this is a result of waste rich in nutrients being dumped into waterways, which causes algae and plankton to reproduce at huge levels. In fact, this is not destroying the environment, it's actually bettering the environment, for algae and plankton. They are life forms, why are they not important? By dumping this waste into the water, we are encouraging and supporting life, not destroying it. That's assuming the people that complain actually care about all life, but they don't. They are picky and specific about what type of life they actually care about and want to protect.

I hate to quote a fictional character from Jurassic Park, but "life finds a way" is definitely true. Humans cannot destroy the planet or destroy the environment. All we can do is modify and change the environment so that it's less supportive to us humans, but in turn some other form of life will flourish.

So lets be honest when we talk about such things. Let stop saying humans are killing the planet or destroying the environment. Because it's just not true, at all. Be honest, and simply say that humans are changing the world to be less supportive of other humans, because we aren't killing the planet, or destroying the environment, just changing it. And with that change comes a whole new opportunity for other forms of live to flourish.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'll go ahead and post what I linked in the other thread about this so that others can gain deeper insights into how these types of events can be both pollution and organic simultaneously.

Eutrophication Wiki

is the ecosystem response to the addition of artificial or natural substances, such as nitrates and phosphates, through fertilizers or sewage, to an aquatic system.[1] One example is the "bloom" or great increase of phytoplankton in a water body as a response to increased levels of nutrients. Negative environmental effects include hypoxia, the depletion of oxygen in the water, which induces reductions in specific fish and other animal populations. Other species (such as Nomura's jellyfish in Japanese waters) may experience an increase in population that negatively affects other species.

In my estimation this is the mostly likely causation. High probability rating.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

At LEAST every couple months, probably more

People always bring up the religious scripture pointing to the end of the world because of Blood red rivers and what not. I'd be more worried if this didn't happen ALL the time.

On a side note- people in the other thread on this event were droning on with their typical "we're destroying the environment so sad" spiel. I always laugh about such comments. How exactly could we "destroy" the environment? The environment is the environment, unless the planet blows up then the environment has not been destroyed. We can CHANGE the environment so that it's less able to support US as a species, but we can't destroy it.

The blood red rivers and lakes is a perfect example. People say we're destroying the environment because of such things. That's one way to look at it. Usually this is a result of waste rich in nutrients being dumped into waterways, which causes algae and plankton to reproduce at huge levels. In fact, this is not destroying the environment, it's actually bettering the environment, for algae and plankton. They are life forms, why are they not important? By dumping this waste into the water, we are encouraging and supporting life, not destroying it. That's assuming the people that complain actually care about all life, but they don't. They are picky and specific about what type of life they actually care about and want to protect.

I hate to quote a fictional character from Jurassic Park, but "life finds a way" is definitely true. Humans cannot destroy the planet or destroy the environment. All we can do is modify and change the environment so that it's less supportive to us humans, but in turn some other form of life will flourish.

So lets be honest when we talk about such things. Let stop saying humans are killing the planet or destroying the environment. Because it's just not true, at all. Be honest, and simply say that humans are changing the world to be less supportive of other humans, because we aren't killing the planet, or destroying the environment, just changing it. And with that change comes a whole new opportunity for other forms of live to flourish.

I hate to tell you this but we do have the capacity to destroy this planet completely. To a point that there would be no planet in the place where earth now sits. Please dont fool yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Oh? Care to educate me on what the name and nature of such technology capable of completely removing the whole planet from existence is? I'm very interested as such a power source would be capable of powering the entire planet for thousands of years to come.

If anyone is fooling anyone I think it's you fooling yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by karen61057

Oh? Care to educate me on what the name and nature of such technology capable of completely removing the whole planet from existence is? I'm very interested as such a power source would be capable of powering the entire planet for thousands of years to come.

If anyone is fooling anyone I think it's you fooling yourself.

nuclear bombs?

i dunno what else to say.

is that not clear?

new topics

top topics

join