It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From a gnome in the forest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi.

My name is…Well, I won’t tell you my real name, but my alias will be the one you see on my infobox to the left. I’ve been browsing these forums for about two years now and I’ve recently decided to begin contributing to our little community here. Depending on your definition of “new” in this circumstance, this is either my first day (if a participant, in your view, is an active poster) or I am a somewhat versed ATSer who has up until this time just been one of the site’s many lurkers. I realize there are a lot of introductions like this submitted every day and so I will attempt to make mine as interesting and relatively brief as possible. Let’s begin with the basics. I am currently a high school senior. I have made my residence in a suburb of about one-hundred thousand in the state of California. My single mother and my grandmother have lived together with me since the late ‘90s. We live paycheck-to-paycheck and I am attempting to look for a job so that I may assist the struggling household. It has only gotten worse for us since the Great Recession of 2008, but I understand that this has been the unfortunate case for many, ranging from all classes, though generally poor-to-middle-class families. I don’t really communicate with many people during the day and I tend to use my family as an outlet for my opinion spewing. I prefer to utilize the Internet for this purpose as well, which is partly why I joined the site the other day. I hope that I will be able to articulate my thoughts on this medium with enough form and coherence so that I may demonstrate myself as capable of adult thought and reasoning to the intellectual audience here. Sometimes, spoiling oneself as a 17-or-under can draw some rolled eyes and undermine that hope, haha.

My choosing of the username greenist hopefully indicates what my primary specialty will be on the message boards. Earth. Greenery. I will however post to other areas of discussion when I feel particularly interested in them, which will probably be fairly often. Topics like politics, general conspiracy theories, medical discoveries, etc. are still towards the top of my list. For the most part, though, I intend to stick to the Fragile Earth, Geo-Engineering, and other Earth-related forums from which I believe my best contributions will come. I’m strongly of the opinion that our environment is the single most significant issue of all politics and society. Without it, we would not exist. I am an environmentalist and my hope is to promote myself as an environmentalist atypical of the kind which has clearly hijacked the green movement. Indeed, take heed – and this has surely been expanded on before but I must reiterate – gross political agendas have stolen the definition of environmentalism to mean something it does not. Agendas I and any other true environmentalist would never dare to even think of supporting. The “eco-nazis” are real and they are repugnant excuses for human beings pushing carbon taxes and designating law-abiding citizens as eco-terrorists for nonsensical things. We certainly do need some regulation of our air and water, but not by unaccountable bureaucracies, and never going beyond minimalism. Whatever it is the EPA does with their Federal funding, it is unnecessary and treasonable and manages to accomplish the exact opposite of its purpose, hurting American enterprise and industry in the process.

Thank you for reading my short story. Perhaps by offering this summary into my background I have been able to provide some insight into the kind of person I am and hope to be on ATS. For whatever it’s worth on an Internet forum, I hope my content and comments don't go unappreciated.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greenist

Warm Welcome to ATS Greenist. You sound very articulate, and informed for your age. I think you'll make a wonderful contributor here. See you in the forums....

Des

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Warm Welcome to ATS Greenist. You sound very articulate, and informed for your age. I think you'll make a wonderful contributor here. See you in the forums....

Des

Welcome to the site, youll love it. And hello Destinyone,and yknow how much i like to stalk you on the introductions forum,

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Des

Welcome to the site, youll love it. And hello Destinyone,and yknow how much i like to stalk you on the introductions forum,

I know Sweet Pea...that's why I leave a trail of brownie crumbs for you.....
I'm leaving another trail with these right now....

Des

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Des

I know Sweet Pea...that's why I leave a trail of brownie crumbs for you.....
I'm leaving another trail with these right now....

Des

I love you mummy, please call me sweet pea more often.
Also ps, i dont like chocolate,, or brownies.
Seriously though, and im certain that will get an off topic warning, but its nice,Destiny to think about the subjects we ve agreed on in the past.
Take care girl.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Welcome to the one and only ATS ..gnome in the forest, love the name love gnomes!
DES, are you serious with those brownies they are to die for and I have not
a scratch of chocolate in the house NO FAIR!

woops GREENIST too much irish whiskey not enough chocolate lol !++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
edit on 03/30/09 by starlitestarbrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenist

I’m strongly of the opinion that our environment is the single most significant issue of all politics and society. Without it, we would not exist.

You're dead right on that score Greenist.

Welcome to ATS, I trust that you will enjoy your stay.

Peace

* Ned

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the wide world of posting. Lots of x lurkers here. I am not one, I just jumped right in, have not looked back. Enjoy the boards!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Destinyone: I want a bite of one of those scrumptious looking brownies.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenist
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Destinyone: I want a bite of one of those scrumptious looking brownies.

The whole plate is for you Greenist...my sweet widdle gnome.....

Enjoy...and share, if you want to be the most popular gnome in the forest.

Des

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I came here expecting a story about real gnomes!

Oh well, you're welcome anyway..

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hello little gnome in the forest! Welcome!!!

top topics

join