It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is all this stuff part of one BIG problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What happens when all that ice melts and enters the ocean at one time? Does it lower the temperature of the water? Does that have an effect on fish?
What happens when billions of tons of ice melt and turn into water? Does it all head toward the equator? Does that additional mass in one area and loss of mass in another put stress on tectonic plates? Does that cause earthquakes or tsunamis?
Does the incredible increase in jellyfish activity and algae blooms indicate a decrease in oxygen levels? Are there more shark attacks this year because below the surface a lot of fish are dying?
Is the lack of rain in the US going to have a carry over effect this winter? Are there insects that didn't reproduce in their usual numbers because of the drought? Are there birds who won't survive the winter because of this?
So many questions that I would really like an answer to, the Earth is a finely tuned ecosystem with thresholds for survival, while some variability is expected, how much is TOO much?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
look bigger...

yes, I would agree that the effects of simple actions cause chain reactions, but the scope is too narrow. I think we can bridge connections from much further venues. Oil Drilling, Aviation, Shipping, Education, Consumerism, Globalization, etc. I feel that the implications we could draw showing cause and effect would scare some people and bring out the skepticism in others. Now I'm not saying 21 = 2 + 1 = The holy trinity; what I am saying, is that Everything has an equal and opposite reaction.

I'd be interested in seeing a grand-scale model drawn up of all the cause and effects of our natural/perceivable world. It would take years though, probably a decade to get it completely concise. A true work is never complete though.

edit on 7-9-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There is a theory called "post glacial rebound" I think. This could help explain your question about water weight on earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

I honestly wish all was related to our careless use and abuse of planet and resources, at least then we could fix it. This all seems like it's escalating so fast it might be part of a solar system or geophysical cycle, with only 2000 years of history to look at we're heading into uncharted waters so to speak.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by criticalmindseed
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There is a theory called "post glacial rebound" I think. This could help explain your question about water weight on earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow, I've never heard of that, but it certainly makes sense. I just read an article where a sailor said the land masses themselves, not the water, are what is pulled up by the Moon during the tides. With that much less weight to pull up I would think there are changes in that system also.

top topics

join