It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Revoke The Rights and Protections Awarded to Heterosexual Married Couples

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Theoretically, it is something that should be only dealt with on the State level, but meh, it is really one of the minor oversteps.

Again - - state right of marriage is pure unadulterated discrimination. It was to keep undesirables out of a community. This is antiquated and should be abolished.

As with other Federal Rights Acts - - - marriage should be equal Federally. It is the Federal "rights and privileges" that are being denied to gay marriage. Even those who are legally married in their state.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Theoretically, it is something that should be only dealt with on the State level, but meh, it is really one of the minor oversteps.

Again - - state right of marriage is pure unadulterated discrimination. It was to keep undesirables out of a community. This is antiquated and should be abolished.

As with other Federal Rights Acts - - - marriage should be equal Federally. It is the Federal "rights and privileges" that are being denied to gay marriage. Even those who are legally married in their state.

Your point is what?

Nothing you said changes the fact that the Federal government should never have gotten involved in marriage in the first place.

They overstepped their boundary the first time they required a license for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Prop 8 arguments determined religion is not a valid reason to deny Equality to gays. That's why NOM (and other family value groups) - - - use "harm to children" as their excuse.

So, Easier then?

And yes... it is a privilege, not a right.

A Privilege, I might add, that is wholly unconstitutional.

QUESTION: Is Marriage a Civil Right?

By Tom Head

ANSWER: Recognized federal civil rights law in the United States is grounded in the U.S. Constitution as interpreted by the Supreme Court. By this standard, marriage has long been established as a civil right. civilliberty.about.com...

What part of the Constitution grants the Federal Government the Jurisdiction to Adjudicate your Sexual Relationship?

Marriage, as a CIVIL right, does not imply the involvement of the Federal Government.... Nor does it REQUIRE permission from the Federal Government.

You are not arguing for the "Right" to marry someone in a Civil Ceremony.... (Which has no legal foundation)

You are Arguing for the Privileges that entering into a FEDERAL RELATIONSHIP CONTRACT grant people.

The Privileges that are NOT APPORTIONED throughout the states, such as TAXES....

And OTHER "Privileges" that have nothing to DO with the Federal Government, Like Insurance coverage, and Hospital Visits.

And instead of Petitioning these SPECIFIC Corporate Institutions for the inclusion of Homosexual Sex Partner in various contracts...

You are DEMANDING that BIG BROTHER FEDERAL GOVERNMENT step in and make everyone COMPLY to your wishes.

And you keep saying "Rights", as if you know what you are talking about....

And "Equality" while not questioning why MARRIED PEOPLE get tax breaks, and Hospital visits to lovers, and Insurance coverage, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera..... And not to people who are NOT married.

It's like you don't even know what Equality even means.... As we have already established that you do not know what "Rights" are.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Marriage is unconstitutional?

Federal Involvement in your Personal Affairs, such as who you are having sex with.... Is Unconstitutional.

So is giving people tax breaks on the basis of their relationship status.

Are you one of those kinds of guys

Don't Label me.

Don't you Dare.

if it's not mentioned in the Constitution then it is illegal and therefore must be gotten rid of?

Did you grossly misinterpret the Constitutional Perspective to such an Embarrassing degree on PURPOSE?

Or did you just Accidentally your post?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

What part of the Constitution grants the Federal Government the Jurisdiction to Adjudicate your Sexual Relationship?

What does sex have to do with a Legal Government Contract.

Its your mind that's into other's sex lives - - not the governments.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And gays wonder why some people say that them getting rights is an attack on traditional family values. This is why!!!!

Fight for what you want, but taking away from others to get it makes you despicable human beings, no matter how you want to spin it.

I guess I'm a homophobe for having that opinion hey? Bunch of f'ing hypocrites! Do you want to have the same rights as others or take theirs away? Make a choice and stick to it!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Your point is what?

Nothing you said changes the fact that the Federal government should never have gotten involved in marriage in the first place.

Equality is Equal to things as they are.

Not how you think they should be.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

EXACTLY
edit on 17-9-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: and NOW we are back on topic.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
Do you want to have the same rights as others or take theirs away? Make a choice and stick to it!!!!

Nothing is being taken away from Hetero couples.

Or is it about them involving themselves in other people's lives?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

EXACTLY

A Legal Government Contract - - - has nothing to do with sex.

So your EXACTLY - - means what exactly?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry... I thought we were talking about Marriage?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Do you want to have the same rights as others or take theirs away? Make a choice and stick to it!!!!

Involving themselves in other peoples lives how? This thread is about taking away from hetero couples. As I said, all a bunch of hypocrites, I'm all for gays having the same rights, but it seems that the gay community are happy to put down and step on anyone to get what they want.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm sorry... I thought we were talking about Marriage?

LEGAL Marriage is a contract to protect rights and property of those joining as one household.

Each person/couple defines their marriage. There are sexless marriages.

YOU are the only one making it about sex.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Involving themselves in other peoples lives how? This thread is about taking away from hetero couples. As I said, all a bunch of hypocrites, I'm all for gays having the same rights, but it seems that the gay community are happy to put down and step on anyone to get what they want.

No one is taking anything away from hetero couples.

I have no interest in "pass the trash" illogical and incorrect analogies.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

LEGAL Marriage is a contract

Thank you....

to protect rights and property of those joining as one household.

And by "Protect" you mean what exactly?

Each person/couple defines their marriage.

I think that the term is defined by historical and general usage... but that's semantics...

There are sexless marriages.

What does this have to do with anything?

YOU are the only one making it about sex.

I'm pretty sure that *HUMANITY* is the one who made marriage about sex, darling...

Are you just trying to redefine words, in order to take advantage of those words placements in our legal code?

Like they did with "Income"?
edit on 17-9-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that *HUMANITY* is the one who made marriage about sex, darling...

Are you serious? Marriage has always been about a contract.

The Real History of Marriage: onespiritproject.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No one is taking anything away from hetero couples.

I have no interest in "pass the trash" illogical and incorrect analogies.

Again, involving themselves in other peoples lives how?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you serious? Marriage has always been about a contract.

WHY?

The Real History of Marriage: onespiritproject.com...

I thought that I had already told you in no uncertain terms that I think your source is [snip]

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm done with all the peripheral garbage. Don't care - not interested.

LEGAL government marriage is a contract and a civil right. It affords "rights and protections" not afforded by any other means - - - which is discriminatory to same sex couples - - - by denying them those same "rights and protections".

The majority of heterosexual couples are not going to give up those "rights and protections".

I say heterosexual couples will fight "tooth and nail" to keep LEGAL government marriage and the "rights and protections" it affords them.

There is no compromise in EQUAL.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Equality is Equal to things as they are.

Not how you think they should be.

Are you dense or intentionally obtuse?

What part of the Federal government shouldn't be involved in marriage is unequal? I don't want them involved in my marriage and don't see any need for their involvement in anybody else's marriage.

There is nothing inside the government regulation of marriage that could not be better served with a standard contract between two consenting adults.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join