It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How young is to young to know the truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Let your daughter use critical thought, basic analytical skill, and self exploration to discover the truth. Telling her anything will ruin her for life. Letting her discover these things will give to her, everything.

But critical thought and analytical skills are useless when your "FACTS" are all based on lies and propaganda.

Kids are being inundated with mind control lies from every direction from the day they are born.

Critical thought is not even possible when you are a mind controlled zombie...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

My opinion was meaningless and never was taught to think for myself, just conform. As soon as i was able to get out i completely let loose and destroyed any hope of doing something truly meaningful with myself. I was content with just existing, most of the time, even that seemed awfully tiresome at times. Once I was sick of everything around me and started digging is when i started to realize the real world.

I guess i just don't want her to reach a point in her life and say wtf why didn't anyone tell me about this?

You are totally on the right track, friend.

I taught my kids to think critically from the time they were preschoolers.....oh, it's the rule? Well, is it a sensible rule....or a stupid rule? I won't go long into it right here, but yes, it serves kids well to realize they don't have to conform just because adult authority figures tell them to. Like I said, kids are WAY WAY more aware than we were as kids. There's no escaping it, and we can't just pretend they're oblivious.

You go, Dad!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

She will learn on her own...knowing all of the truth would simply overstimulate her senses...the last thing a confused teen needs is 2012, the possibility of war, ass backwards laws and crooked politics...just teach her to respect people and focus on being a kid..the rest will come when it needs to....and by all means don't let her look on this website...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My son is 6 he hsd been around conversations and when the news is on he recognizes whats really going on in our world and has for 2 years now. You would be surprised how perceptive kids are. What I would suggest is start out with small issues and talk to or around your child about them and see how they take it and if they have any question because they always learn and pay attention better if they have interest in the subject.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree with you, my wife is very open with her and thy easily discuss lifes issues together, and I do believe that is what sets her apart from the road she runs with, she understands obsticals in life and that although this stage in life is important that in the broad span of thing it's just a stepping stone.

She has been curious about my child hood as she has heard some bad things and usually takes the hour and a half car ride to her aunts as a opportunity to corner me and ask the big stuff, I do believe it's time for the tables to turn, I'm getting ready to drive them up there tonight and I'm going to talk to her about what she knows this far about the war and go from there, I think that would be a good place to start as it is relevant but not something she is faced to deal with on a daily bases.

I would also like to thank all of you for your responses, as they say it takes a village to raise a child, you guys are a great village full of kind, compassionate knowledgeable people. Thank you all

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Lol yeah she not coming near this place! Next thing I'll know he have her own B.O.B under her bed, and be spending her allowance on MRE's. Thinking nibiru is behind the sun with a fleet of alien invaders coming to destroy us.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wish someone had taken the time to explain logical fallacies to me at 14. *wink, wink*

Also - have her read Covey’s The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – this book is all about choice and perception.

Then have her read Bernay's Propaganda.

I think after awhile she'll generally start to wonder about some things.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
After reading your OP, I had a few things spinning around in my head

1) Are you really worried about a kid or did you want to put all of the doom and gloom in one place?

Then, If you really do have a 14 yo, then maybe,

2) you could have kept her in the loop a little bit earlier so that she won't see you as hiding things from her

3) At least you didn't mention religion. Hopefully, if you have been keeping so much from her, you haven't been filling her head with unprovable mumbo jumbo dogma

4) At this late point in time, I guess I would start being honest with her and giving her the opportunity to talk with you about the events and concepts mentioned.

5) I don't envy you cause you are in a bind

6) Unless you have kept her locked away from any outside influence, she most probably already has heard about the big bad world (which I totally disagree with because I see the world ... warts and all .... as a wonderful place)

Cheers

Steve

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sir I should add 2 years after my divorce I met a wonderful women, yes she is my daughter's step mom and she love's her to no means. You can do it! I also have a stepdaughter now 38 with two grand children and I see and talk too them more than my EX...cause I did my job as a Dad!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just let her live her life and let her enjoy what she can while she still can...

We all learn things at different times, some start off slow and others just fly into action...

But we all find our way...

I was never told anything of the real world, but that is what experiences are for....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join