It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why bother to vote anywhere in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
hi ats readers, i want to know why we should vote for anyone in any election, the elections are rigged to make who the powers that be want in and they then become the puppets to them, they want a law to be passed they make sure they pick the puppet thats easy to control.

there is a reason why no matter who gets voted into power things either stay the same or get worse....normally worse so why do we vote, it make sme angry when i watch the american elections all the men telling the people what they want to hear till they are in office then they either do nothing because they never were going to or they realise who is actully in control and its not them......so thats my rant over and i leave as i started why bother to vote?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Even though things may be as described in the OP or rigged. 1 thinks many STILL HAVE HOPE in their minds that somehow GOOD WILL COME FROM WHOEVER IS ELECTED.
aupceed?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by melvin2012

*sigh*

"Why bother to go on living, there's too much misery in life and we're all just going to die someday anyway..."

No, voting is not pointless or hopeless, just as life itself isn't. Both might be broken to one degree or another, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth working to fix so they can benefit us once again.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i believe just me but before we can trust our goverments ever again there needs to be a culling of the people behind the scenes the people who pay to get certain people in office so they can then get what they want.

it was shown how upto 85% of the planets money is shared within a very small number of companys-people maybe as small as 40, sorry but i cannot recall where i read got that info from so its upto you to believe not believe doesnt meake it any less true it was an independent survey done in switzerland over maybe 3-5years.

once these people-companys have been broken down tried for the crimes against humanity, and no longer have a say in how politics is run then and only then would i want to vote and believe we the people have a say in what goes on.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
voting in places such as venezuala would seem a bit more like you were doing some good aslong as you vote for someone with that nations interests at heart and not someone with interests in getting rich by selling drilling rights etc... but i do see your point with regards to the US,UK etc.. Although you will normally be able to make some kid of difference to your tax rates or quality of health care, we are unfortunatly unable to make a difference with regards to what wars our home nations may start.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

It really doesn't matter who you vote for, the government still gets in. Democracy? Don't make me laugh. Can't speak for the USA, but here in the UK I can't remember one single major policy that a succeeding government has ever reversed.
First time post by the way, been reading the boards for a while, excellent site.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My personal opinion is this.

You really-really have to be involved in the local/municipal, country and state elections. The local/municipal are the ones that effect your life every day...i.e. city ordinances.

The country can effect many things as well..

The state elections is where you get your Senators and Congressmen that have a HUGE impact on federal policy and of course the state elections have power over the electoral college which inevitably chooses the next president.

You have to pick your battles and the local, grassroots fights are the most important and the best place to actually make a difference...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mysticblade

I cant think of any regarding going to war, like i mentioned earlier but the coallition governmet in the uk has made some quite drastic changes regarding housing benefits for the poor and reducing taxes for the very rich.

Im from the UK too and can tell you from experience that times are not easy for a man in under 35 who suffers from ME/CFS. They very recently slashed my housing benefit in half and let me know 2 weeks after signing a new 12 month tenancy for the 1 bedroom flat i rent. Now the key change was that they say a man under 35 only needs a room in a house share now where it used to be under 25 and that i would now need to find somewhere for £80 a week in surrey. I used to live in a ymca a couple of years ago and the rent there was £130 a week.

The most astonishing part of this tale is that if i was a woman of my age without any health problems and just on job seekers allowance then I would be entitled to £500 a week, an icrease of 625%.

So i would think that voting in a new government would help my situation greatly although it isnt my vote that counts it is unfortunatly the vote of an old Australian media tycoon that does instead.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
most of the candidates are playing for the same team anyway. they come out on stage , throw all this left is right, right is right B.S around, point their fingers at the "other side" of the aisle, get a bunch of voters all riled up, then they all go back to the same locker room. while I am not a global political expert, I would have to geuss most of the westernized countries are the same. I have decided to cast my vote by not complying with all of "their" B.S. any more.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your plight. Clearly, respective governments will display (mostly) superficial policy differences, but you can bet that whilst you appear to be getting something from the right hand, the left hand is taking it back, in a very sneaky fashion.

new topics

top topics

join