It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sky orange at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hey ats readers, i know im not the only one to write about this topic and iv read a few posts on here about this subject, and was wondering if anyone had any new thoughts on it.

From what iv heard others say and write the reasons for this are as follows....

1 checmtrails and what goes into making them has metal filings which reflect the suns rays after dark which causes the orange tint in the night sky.

2 theres a second sun hiding where our sun is and we cant see it for obvious reasons.

3 The skys a projection that malfunctions.

4.......there are many more reasons but to be honest i wanted your opinion rather than picking one that i have put up all i know is its not nonsense, there is a reason and id like to know what it is, just last night all day was nice and clear soon as it got dark nearly all the stars we not visible, i cannot go with the its light polution as its only been noticable in the last year and a half to two years max its that bright some nights birds are chirping at 2am, this is not how things used to be, at one point i was thinking to myself are they trying to hide something in the night sky that may be visible when its pitch black.

either way iv no real clue and there are so many thoughts and theorys i thought id ask you lot on here what you think as im sure you have noticed this as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by melvin2012

I believe it has to do the the refraction of sunlight as it hits the atmosphere at an angle, emphasizing different wavelengths of the spectrum contained in the light? Think rainbows - all those colors are contained in light. During the day, with the angles of the light and the makeup of our atmosphere, we tend to fall mid-spectrum and get blue skies. With the angle at night (sunset), it shifts to the red end of the spectrum.

edit on 9/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The sky isn't orange at night.

Although low cloud cover can reflect back urban lights to make it appear so on occasion. More commonly, there's an orange glow in the distance over larger towns and cities due again to urban lights, especially streetlights.

Edit: and obviously of you live in a town, then those streetlights create light pollution all around.
edit on 7-9-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Two words: light pollution. Sodium vapor lamps have a yellow hue which is reflected back towards the ground by clouds and smog. This results in a sort of generalized orange skyglow at night. This is a problem with a solution. Street lighting can be designed to direct the light downwards where it is needed. Some cities are already installing such lights to make the night sky more user friendly. Write your municipal authorities (or those in the cities nearest your rural or suburban home) and encourage them to follow suit.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If your night sky is overcast ( cloud cover) you wouldn't see the stars...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
good description and yes seems possible, my question is why did this only begin around 2 yrs ago? before that maybe in the summer you would have this effect for a few nights but now its wks and any time of the year?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, if you look at the shape of one of earths fields, it sort of looks like an orange. Maybe the earth is finally getting ripe
Hopefully god doesn't come and take a bite out of it now that it is getting ready to eat

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Imagine these x1000's

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012
good description and yes seems possible, my question is why did this only begin around 2 yrs ago? before that maybe in the summer you would have this effect for a few nights but now its wks and any time of the year?

Maybe you should better clarify for us what you're talking about - I was assuming you're referring to sunset, etc.

If I was mistaken, then yes I agree with another posters - sometimes it's eerily bright here at night with an orangish hue, due to cloud cover or other crap in the sky reflecting the light coming from the city I live in. Not any sort of a new thing here, maybe you're just getting some atmospheric changes locally lately, or otherwise dirtier air?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012

I've noticed the effect since I was a kid. So at least 40 years. Though where I live these days, even though it's the edge of a town, I can often still see the milky way on a clear night.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Paper mills in our area release their sulphurous smelling emissions at odd hour so it is less offensive the general public(most folks are home soundly asleep).Perhaps some industry in your area is doing the same?

by theway; Where'd you get that list in the O.P.?
"malfunctioning projector": Yup; that's definitely the reason...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
some interesting comments so far i thought light polution would be a big contender for an awnser, and yes its possible as even if theres no new light source from my small area it could come from farther away

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My best guess would be all the fires that have been burning adding ash and stuff to the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

My best guess would be all the fires that have been burning adding ash and stuff to the atmosphere.

Thats what i was gonna say... Bright red/orange sun, at least its somethin nice to look at while inhaling all that smoke..

new topics

top topics

join