It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and the afterlife theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I suggest that folks read

Dr. Jeffrey Long - Evidence To Afterlife Interview

whose research and comments I wholeheartedly agree. The short of it is that the existence of the afterlife has become a scientifically, irrefutable fact.

...a basic scientific overview, and that is what’s real is consistently observed. So we’ve observed evidence of the afterlife and near-death experience is not only in the vast number of near-death experiences studied...but all my major findings are corroborated by scores of prior scholarly studies. We’re way beyond what could reasonably be called anecdotal. We’re really in very hard-core evidence based on my work and the work of many others.

Enjoy.

Things work out in the end of our eternal lives.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Meet me in the chat room. Let me know when your ready.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I believe the only judgement and punishment (if you want to call it that) for committing suicide, or any bad deeds for that matter, is all self inflicted. The spirit punishes itself in a sense, but there isn't any other spirit or higher power that sends us anywhere for the choices we make in each lifetime.

Now if a lifetime is cut short by a suicide and there were certain experiences meant to be lived then I believe that soul will come back again until those experiences are lived through. And it would be that soul's choice to come back to relive those experiences not some higher force or authority making that soul do it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The thing to understand about someone committing suicide is they are NOT in their right mind ( with the exception of fatal illnesses). The person is in so much mental and emotional pain that death seems more desirable than continuing to face that pain.

I've been there, more than once. I have a host of emotional issues due to PTSD. I have planned my death in detail several times. I even decided to kill myself by driving into a bridge abutment on the interstate. I got in the car and started driving, in tears and pretty much out of my mind. I remember seeing that bridge coming up, but at the last minute I swerved. Then I drove to the hospital and told the receptionist I wanted to die.

I spent the next two weeks in the looney bin, receiving medication and counseling. When I left, I spent the next two years seeing a physiatrist, and she was a godsend.

I still have issues, and always will. But now I have skills to deal with those terrible thoughts and feelings, when they come.

To anyone considering suicide, please please please understand that the pain you feel now is transitory. It will pass. Please, get the help you need.

U2U me, I'm always willing to talk. Best of luck to you, and much peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Suicide is one of those few anomalies that paranormal researchers do not agree. My experiences with suicide related spirits is one that is not the least heartening. Most have appeared confused, disoriented etc.

Others, many of which I respect, have experiences - such as Craig Hogan with mediums and the "dead" - feel that suicide is of no interest to the afterlives since there is no judgment, sentencing and resultant actions of suicide (or any other "bad deeds") in the afterlife.

Our loved ones -- and us -- are present forever in immeasurable numbers of these worlds. While our species is young and in a stage that seems to limit our immediate consciousness to one world at a time, we ourselves are one being across the worlds. And we are never separated from each other, especially those we love. While our consciousness usually is aware of this during what we consider paranormal experiences, our subconscious and race memories know all about it.

The point is: Your loved ones are not gone, and your relationship with them can continue to grow. On the other hand, some will be less present to us than others because their prime awareness has shifted to other lives and tasks elsewhere and elsewhen in the multiverse. The same is happening to us all the time.

The experience of bodily death has absolutely no affect on us because our bodies also reach across the worlds. We have vast numbers of them, and they are all part of us. The loss of the one our consciousness is aware of at any given time is no more serious to the whole of us than a flake of dry skin falling off a finger.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is nothing objectively wrong with suicide. What will affect your afterlife from suicide is mostly going to be determined by what you BELIEVE will happen. If you are a loony fundy christian who thinks youll go straight to fiery hell for all eternity with the contempt of God... youll end up in a place like that, until you realize you dont actually have to stay. If you believe you HAVE to come back and do it all over again, youll end choosing a reincarnation that will put you in similar situations. If you believe in nothingness, guess what? Youll end up in a void between realms. Perhaps youll sense others there too, other materialists/atheists who killed themselves, perhaps you wont.

If your mind is trapped within an indoctrination bubble in life, chances are so will it be in death.

If your mind is free in life from the bindings of dogma, so will it be in death.

You will judge yourself when you die, so live in compassion and kindness, and you will have nothing to fear.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Gonna get a HELLUVA SHOCK when U die and find out that LIFE AFTER DEATH really exists!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
judgement.? I think the hole afterlife thing is bullshi8t. Where's the proof.?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy
[mText

Personally, I believe that when one kills themselves, they are to repeat the life experiences that caused the person pain. The reason behind this is that all life, including the pain (either emotional or physical) is there to teach the person and the act of killing yourself is 'pulling the plug' on your life-lesson. As we all agree on what our life-lessons are to be before our birth, pulling the plug is thwarting our own life-lessons, which is just silly on our part. I do not believe there is a 'hell' that waits for those who kill themselves - the worst there is is a repeat of the life that caused the pain.

I committed suicide in my last life-time. Back then, I was injured in the First World War and had to use crutches to get about. I could not reconcile myself to a life of a cripple, as I saw it then, so I committed suicide.
Fast forward to this lifetime and I find myself having to use a wheelchair thanks to disease. For a long while I was depressed, attempted suicide many times and then eventually worked out that suicide was not the way I was going to die. Not this time. And now, even though I live the life 'of a cripple' I have come to terms with it. Once I did that, things seemed to fall into place for me. I am content with my lot.

edit on 17/4/12 by rebelchildoflight2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If Jesus came back to Earth right now in a physical body he would immediately be killed if he proclaimed he was "Jesus Christ".

So proclaiming he is Jesus would result in people killing him, wouldn't that be suicide?

Did Jesus commit suicide by proclaiming he was the son of YHWH a couple thousand years ago? I've always pondered that......

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I believe that whatever your thinking about at the moment of death then that is what you will go to.

If you are thinking of heaven then i believe then you will go there reguardless of what you have done in your life.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If Jesus came back to Earth right now in a physical body he would immediately be killed if he proclaimed he was "Jesus Christ".

What are you, kidding? On any given day, there are probably hundreds of people claiming to be Jesus Christ -- there have been a number of them here on ATS over the years. I haven't seen any news articles to indicate that they were "killed immediately" after making such a declaration. And, as I doubt that they have access to ATS in mental institutions (though some days, I really wonder, lol,) I'm guessing they don't get locked in the nuthouse for making such claims, either.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
i cant see how intelligent people expect an afterlife..

I cant' see how intelligent people don't expect an afterlife.
Energy doesn't die. It just changes. We change.
I've had many personal experiences with spirits and souls from the afterlife.
I am ABSOLUTELY SURE there is one ...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by heineken
i cant see how intelligent people expect an afterlife..

I cant' see how intelligent people don't expect an afterlife.
Energy doesn't die. It just changes. We change.
I've had many personal experiences with spirits and souls from the afterlife.
I am ABSOLUTELY SURE there is one ...

Exactly my thinking... we are energy.. energy does not just disappear... We go somewhere, a different realm, a different plane...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

personally i think THINGS IS WHAT WE MAKE IT... If i decide to take my life today, im 220% that i wont go to hell... I think we create a existence for ourselves... some wants answers, some wants heaven, some "thinks" they deserved hell... so thats what we get...
Personally i would kick the # out of "our" creator, if he put us in such a #hole (earth), and then punished us for leaving it...
Man what ive learned during my life is, life is what we make it. Mentally and physically...
Assholes who want to be better then others, fx. Best at being a stock-broker... well they usually end up being a better stock broker then others... People who strive to share and care, tend to SHARE and CARE alot more then others...
I dont know man, i feel sorry for your loss.
But F#CK, dont let some assholes tell you how it is, because FACT of the matter is.
NONE of us knows. All we can do is theorize about it...
My theory is "Experience", were put here to experience life, every damn miserable and happy aspect of it.
Lets say that im standing in a place were 8 roads meet, ive never been up theese roads before, neither can i see were they lead...
I choose road number three, and expect/theorize that ill find a pink elefant... Wich i do when i arrive at the end of the road... Possibly just because i "Thought" there was going to be a pink elefant...
But then again, whos to say? death reveals thoose answers...
Possibly meditation...
All i can say is, stay strong, kickass in life spiritually, physically & mentally.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Suicide breaks the agreement you signed before you got here. Life is a precious gift, and to take your own life willingly negates the contract. The consequences of which are much harder for you to take after you die. We are all here for a reason, and those who end their own lives early create a problem for those they leave behind. It kind of upsets the balance so to speak.
Once they get on the other side and get to witness the damage they caused from taking their own life, they then have to attempt to repair the damage they did on this side by leaving early. Their work becomes much harder, because from that side, it is not nearly as easy to do things as it is here for people here.

Or so my spirit guide/higher self just informed me.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
seems to me, there's a heck of alot of people within our society working real hard to eliminate some of us.....useless eaters I believe they call us....

personally, I don't see nothing wrong with opting out in such a climate and preventing a murder....

we were not born to be slaves, and this "oh, we can kill you if we want, but, no, you can't kill yourself....don't smoke, don't overeat, don't don't don't.....
well that is kind of too close to slavery to me...
my body, my mind, my spirit....
and no one has a say in the matter except God, and let's face it, if God really wants me alive, he can prevent me from dying, even if I put a bullet in my head and leap off the tallest water falls in the world!!

Masada if my favorite story I think....
and one of the reasons the native americans were never enslaved was they had no fear of death, and would chose death over slavery.

of course, I consist of a whole mess of individual cells, each of which might feel diferently about such matters, you never know.

edit on 26-9-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join