It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and the afterlife theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm very interested in the afterlife when a person commits suicide. My friend hung himself a few months ago. And I really don't want him to get 'punished' in the afterlife for what he did. When you read Near Death Experiences from people who tried to kill themselves. Alot of people claim they were in hell and saw the devil, that sort of stuff. But I've read an article from someone who can communicate with people in the afterlife:
www.erinpavlina.com...
That theory makes so much sense and I'd rather believe that happened to my friend who passed away then to believe he's in 'hell'. So what are your opinions about this?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I think it is the reason why the person committed suicide and how they lived their life prior to the suicide; I really believe that not all people that commit suicide are sent to the eternal outer darkness.

Example: A person has lived a good life; is a kind caring person but has a deep moment of mental illness and despair; in that moment they take their own life; I believe they will still go to heaven.

Example: Someone is a serial killer and has done many awful things during their lifetime; and committed suicide to avoid being caught and sent to prison; I believe this type of person will live eternity in the outer darkness of nothingness.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When it comes to eternal matters, the truth is all that matters.

Ask someone who has actually BEEN there, your outlook WILL change..

"As a young woman, Tamara Laroux was in an immense amount of emotional pain. One day she decided to finally end it once and for all and she took a gun and shot herself in the chest. What happened next was a complete and total shock to her...."

Tamara Laroux
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The pain will be severe... eternal consequences

"Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

Here is a quote from someone that committed suicide and came back to tell about it:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

Angie Fenimores NDE Story of Suicide
www.bibleprobe.com...

Angie Fenimore - near-death experiences
www.near-death.com...

Angie Fenimore suicide
www.youtube.com...

Dr. George Ritchie's near-death experience

In a house, Jesus shows him the spirit of a boy following a living teenage girl and begging for forgiveness while the girl is completely unaware of the boy's presence. Jesus tells George that the boy committed suicide and is "chained to every consequence of his act."
www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i cant see how intelligent people expect an afterlife..sad as it might sound sad...this look all BS to me

edit on 7-9-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

i still love your reply though...since my brother commited suicide due to mental illness...so i love the feeling it gives me thinking he is ok

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

So suicide is the worst thing I could have done? I dunno killing 100 children and then eating their livers with a nice Chianti seems a little worse than just offing myself.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
None of us can control when we are born into this world. And there isn't a thing in the world wrong with exercising control over how and when you leave it. It's the ultimate choice that deserves respect.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Suicide is a terrible way out. Anyone thinking of it needs to tell

someone. The after life of it might be quite worse then the life they are in now

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I'm heading straight to heaven when I die of old age. All my family will be there waiting for me.

My mother and father...?...those weird cousins...?...my ex-wife

SOMEBODY GET ME A GUN!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I belive that if they where not meant to leave then there would have happend something to make them stay. At least that is my experiance of it. If your spirit is free then lossing the body is only another change.

LALEH - Some Die Young

edit on 7-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Humans with a Christian belief pattern creating dreamstages that fit their ideas of god and judgement. Sometimes spirits lets people belive what they want even if it is a lie since most people are not ready for the thruth. And I inlude myself in that group of people who are a bit of the ultimate thruth of what everything is. But it might be right that if that particular soul made a suicide then the rest of that souls evolution would have taken a bad turn and deevolved far because of it. Do not judge what you do not know until you see the lifethreads of a soul and how it evolved.

There is a symbiotic bond that is created between the soul and god and it is up to the soul and god to find each other and understand each other. Do you really think god would punish a soul without reason when it could have eased the burdens if it choose another way to evolve the soul? God can intervene and does it everyday to souls around the world.

edit on 7-9-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Crashyy

I'm heading straight to heaven when I die of old age. All my family will be there waiting for me.

My mother and father...?...those weird cousins...?...my ex-wife

SOMEBODY GET ME A GUN!

I love your posts. Some peoples ideas of heaven can be hell to other peoples mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Suicide being a sin was added to the bible to keep people from killing themselves:

This was copied from the crouch foundations website
Ancient History

Initially, suicide was not considered a cultural taboo. To the ancient Egyptians, suicide was not a violation of either the spiritual or legal code. Suicide was seen as a just way to die if one was faced with unendurable suffering - be it physical or emotional. Martyrdom was acceptable when faced with civil or religious persecution. The first person to debate the morality of suicide was the Greek philosopher, Socrates - over 400 years before the birth of Christ. Socrates believed that human beings were the property of the gods, and did not have the right to take away something, namely life, that did not belong to them. Ironically, he was accused of impiety and forced to take his own life by drinking hemlock. The Greek leader Epicurus encouraged his followers to die by suicide when their lives no longer afforded happiness. Roman society hosted trained technicians who would perform assisted suicides when their clients desired to die. Most early civilizations viewed suicide as a means of escaping an unbearable existence, or of releasing loved ones from the burden associated with caring for the sick or elderly. There was no judgment attached to such a death.

Early Jewish/Christian Struggles

During the early years of Christianity, many believers chose suicide over the difficult life of religious persecution. In fact, some early Christian writers maintained that a self-chosen death was a goal for the genuinely pious to aspire. The number of Christian martyrs and mass suicides rose so quickly that the ruling Jewish faction decided to forbid eulogies and public mourning for those who died by their own hand. This action began the stigmatization of suicide in Judeo-Christian culture. The first church-led condemnation of suicide occurred when Jewish leaders refused to allow the bodies of Christian suicide victims to be buried in hallowed ground. The few Christian condemnations of suicide came from the notion that suicide was to be despised because it was the action of the betrayer of Jesus. Thus, suicide developed a “guilt by association” because of Judas’ death by hanging.

Christian Condemnation

The first Christian to publicly denounce suicide as a sin was St. Augustine in the 4th Century. The basis of Augustine’s condemnation was the ubiquitous acts of suicide among Christians. Augustine’s influence on church doctrine resulted in a series of conciliar developments. In 305AD, the Council of Guadix purged from the list of martyrs all who had died by their own hand. Using the pretext of piety, the 348AD Council of Carthage condemned those who had chosen self death for personal reasons and the 363AD Council of Braga condemned and denied proper burial rites for all known suicides. Although meant as a preventative measure, Church condemnation festered the stigma introduced by Jewish authority years earlier. The act of suicide became immersed in shame and fear, remaining so for the next nine decades. In the 13th century Thomas Aquinas fortified the Church’s official position against suicide. Unlike Augustine, who acted to quell the surge of suicide among Christians, Aquinas was motivated by a need for intellectual understanding. Aquinas completed a comprehensive and systematic review of Christian theology, entitled Summa Theologiae. In this work, Aquinas vilified suicide as an act against God (much like Socrates) and denounced suicide as a sin for which one could not repent. Aquinas’ admonition resulted in civil and criminal laws to discourage suicide.

Now the thing that really gets me from all the religious people is the heaven thing if you have read the bible then you know you don't go to heaven. Do you remember what Jesus was teaching "Repent and prepare for the coming of the kingdom of god that will reign on earth with god being the blah, blah, blah" kingdom and heaven are used depending on what book your reading in the bible. A human cannot ascend to heaven.

I am spiritual and do not fall for this religious stuff but for those of you that do please read the material (Bible)at hand and stop following others beliefs.

Now judgment day is coming only 1 judgment day and that is at the end of this year when we are all judged. Did you learn all the lessons this time around or do you have to repeat it, is your karma in balance.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I completely believe there is something awaiting us on the other side. Exactly what it is, I have not yet ascertained. However, I also do not think people who commit suicide go to "hell". I think they must get right back on the ride and return to this world to fulfill whatever their journey may be. We are made of energy and I like to think that it does not just disappear once our physical body dies.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here is the Catholic view, which, like many things, is not what many people imagine it to be:

The Church teaches through liturgy, and the liturgy on occasions like these stresses divine mercy. Take a look at Psalm 103, and recall the dimensions of God’s mercy — as far as the east is from the west, as high as the skies are above the earth.

The Church still teaches that there is a hell, but leaves it to God to decide who should go there. And divine decisions, in this regard, are filtered through divine mercy. Tragedy at the end of this life is no sure sign of an eternal tragedy in the next. (Source)

I'm very sorry for your loss, and hope that your pain eases through time.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugoutkara
Suicide being a sin was added to the bible to keep people from killing themselves:

No it wasn't added. It just eventually became part of Catholic doctrine.
edit on 7-9-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There was a show on Beyond and Back where this lady had a NDE, and met her aunt on the other side. Her aunt had committed suicide. The lady asked her why she did that, and her aunt told her she shouldn't have done that because now she will have to come back and live those experiences over again to learn the lessons she was meant to learn in the life she cut short.
Anyway, her aunt told her to go back, and she was back in her body. This was her NDE. That's the first one I had watched that validated my belief in reincarnation. I got excited!

I do think that there will come a day when we won't get any more chances to come back and have a redo. People need to try to live the best lives they can, and show love and kindness to all while they're here.
edit on 9/7/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
There was a show on Beyond and Back where this lady had a NDE, and met her aunt on the other side. Her aunt had committed suicide. The lady asked her why she did that, and her aunt told her she shouldn't have done that because now she will have to come back and live those experiences over again to learn the lessons she was meant to learn in the live she cut short.
Anyway, her aunt told her to go back, and she was back in her body. This was her NDE. That's the first one I had watched that validated my belief in reincarnation. I got excited!

I do think that there will come a day when we won't get any more chances to come back and have a redo. People need to try to live the best lives they can, and show love and kindness to all while they're here.

That's exactly what I think that will happen if a person commits suicide. But I wonder what will happen next when you've learned all your lessons here on earth. Like what will the next reincarnation be?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy

Originally posted by sled735
There was a show on Beyond and Back where this lady had a NDE, and met her aunt on the other side. Her aunt had committed suicide. The lady asked her why she did that, and her aunt told her she shouldn't have done that because now she will have to come back and live those experiences over again to learn the lessons she was meant to learn in the live she cut short.

That's exactly what I think that will happen if a person commits suicide. But I wonder what will happen next when you've learned all your lessons here on earth. Like what will the next reincarnation be?

From what I understand, life on earth is all about learning emotions... love, anger, caring, sadness, pain, etc., and overcoming obstacles.
When we have finished our lessons here, we move on to more, spiritually-enlightening lessons in another dimension until we reach the ultimate perfectness of our spirit, then we unite with "The Source", or God, or whatever you choose to call him/her/it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I sent you an urgent U2U.
I have to leave for a few minutes, but I'll be back soon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join