It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Noises Detected Deep in the Ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yes, you are correct.
I would just assume some of the most "logical" explinations have been ruled out is all I am trying to really say.
But yes, I stand corrected.
If they were just going to come up with a mundane reason they would have already done so.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

All Hail Cthulhu the dead god.
edit on 9/7/2012 by Jedite because: (no reason given)

Beat me to it

Even the coordinates aren't far off...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

maybe these noises are caused by the pressure of the weight of the ocean on the ground below.

Right. Pressure adjustments in the water can give rise to sounds.

Just like wind in the atmosphere flows around due to pressure changes caused by hot and cold parts of the atmosphere, the ocean also has hot and cold water regions, with corresponding pressure differences and pressure changes that cause water currents to flow. Wind makes noise, water currents make noise. The currents don't always flow like a stream in linear fashion down some channel, but may "expand out" from a spot in the ocean, or "contract in" to some cold spot, giving rise to different types of pressure change profiles and corresponding unique sounds.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey, great thread! S & F. This is the kind of stuff I come to ATS to find.

Is it possible for earth to resonate with sounds from space?
edit on 9/8/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Cool!

I like the BLOOP...sounds like an air bubble underwater...but it would have been a HUGE air bubble, I think.
A scary air bubble.

Here is a sound recording of the huge tsunami-causing 2004 earthquake in Sumatra...I think it has been sped up 10x due to the low frequency making it hard to hear at normal speed.

They were suspecting some sort of nuclear weapons test, if I recall correctly...I think it was N. Korea and they thought he'd do it underwater so they had it rigged up to capture the sound as evidence or proof just in case. I don't think they caught what they originally were after but catching this earthquake and knowing for sure what it was was an awesome boon!

I do not think any of those other sounds have this same quality at all, though. The earth moves at a much lower frequency, it seems.

A couple of those sounds were eerily human-voice-like, I thought. Julia and the one after sounded like a man's voice.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Great post. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent recording for the Japan earthquake?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I can't help, some of it sounds like the JEZE monster, lol, little STG word for an unknown sound picked up around 80? Hz, don't remember the exact frequency, as a SONAR tech in the navy we were taught to just ignore it, i think it was a seismic anomoly. However I will say this, you hear a lot of weird sounds in the ocean, the weirdest I heard was a long low-freq "whisle" at lower frequencies, we never did figure out what that was, ONI got the tapes, but never said anything about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
In the words of captain kirk....."Space...the final frontier" ....OH No WAIT!.... That's actually the ocean that's really the final frontier!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cool thread! Thanks for finding this and posting.
Interesting sounds indeed. I too wondered about the Ley lines/Easter Island connection. Some of those sounds sure seem like they come from biologicals. Very big..unknown..scary biologicals.
lol (my imagination runs away at times)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you, not only fish and sea mammals have been washed up, but bees, birds, and other creatures are turning up dead in vast amounts, and when you cry why? it seems those who are funded or close to the government are speechless. Its such a pity, but some deep sonar feeling in my stomach tells me we are going to see humans dropping fast soon as well...imagine what they use on animals what they can do to us humans...Our world is messed up and i only fear worse is soon to come.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That is Why They Need 1 Million ".223 rounds!"

edit on 9-9-2012 by Axis7 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
All the left-righ bickering in America must have awoken Cthulhu.

Yes they all occurred roughly on the same time frame and around Easter Island!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
In the words of captain kirk....."Space...the final frontier" ....OH No WAIT!.... That's actually the ocean that's really the final frontier!

No, you just don't understand what you're quoting.

Clearly once we have mapped out, and discovered everything we can about our oceans, space will -still- be the -final- frontier. It's infinitely larger than our oceans...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join