It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie Williams to turn Californian island into UFO spotting base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
we heard about Robbie some time ago here

now it seems he is on to more

Robbie Williams is reportedly set to buy White Rock Island, California, with plans to turn it into a base for spotting UFOs. The former Take That singer is apparently planning to build a luxury private resort on the 1.3 acre island – which is currently owned by Hollywood movie director Michael Caffrey – so he and his wife Ayda can stay there and spot UFOs, reports

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
His premise is flawed, therefore his venture will fail.

I presume he is under the assumption that since he thinks he saw a UFO near that location that they will be likely to return.

Why spend to much money to remain fixed to one position??? Seems silly to me.

I would have invested that money into a rolling convoy of UFO tracking vehicles, similar to the ones that chase Torando's and present in a favourite movie of mine "Twister"

Ofcourse if his main reason for building there is purely as a resort destination, then it could work...The area is lovely.
edit on 7-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be very light polluted around that part of the world?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the dumbest idea i have ever heard..... This is why dumbass people should not have money. He needs a payee....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The reason I heard about this site is because of the internet information about Robbie`s sabbatical from his musical career in order to study UFOs on a ranch in the USA. Thanks Robbie. It has been an entertaining ride.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Can you say "business expense" and "tax write off"?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Maybe he read this thread, and will set up a light show to attract them.

Good luck with that, whatever plan he has.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Robbie Williams !!

Please come back to ATS !
its time to tell people what are those UFOs
2012 is the Age of Knowledge for everyone

he probably created another account to stay incognito
if i was Robbie .. this is what i would do

his first account was stalked by a lot of people after they knew he was here lol
typical

edit on 9/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

All I see in the article is supposition , its know that Robbie has an interest in the subject so he's looking to buy White Rock Island and all of a sudden he's turning it into a UFO spotting base .

Quote from Robbie or it didn't happen

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Dude white rock island is facing los angeles and has a ton of light pollution. the only thing he will spot are planes taking off from LAX and other local airports and a few military aircraft. That and tons of recreational divers checking out the kelp forest next to the island. It's a tiny island off catalinas isthmus on it's north east side. Crummy location for a UFO observatory. You'd think a cabin at high elevation somewhere in the sierras would be a better spot.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Could have spent some cash helping out Port Vale but ooooh nooo. Still, it'll make a lovely housing estate.
Dunno why he did a bunk to America, he had enough weird, wonderful and out there crap to look at in Stoke.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Dunno why he did a bunk to America, he had enough weird, wonderful and out there crap to look at in Stoke.

Aint that the truth

edit on 7-9-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Dude white rock island is facing los angeles and has a ton of light pollution. the only thing he will spot are planes taking off from LAX and other local airports and a few military aircraft. That and tons of recreational divers checking out the kelp forest next to the island. It's a tiny island off catalinas isthmus on it's north east side. Crummy location for a UFO observatory. You'd think a cabin at high elevation somewhere in the sierras would be a better spot.

Actually it's a great location. All sorts of funky things fly around San Nicholas island.

No ET though.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Suspiria

Aint that the truth

edit on 7-9-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Weekends good for it, you see lots of strange beings stumbling around the docked UFO (Useless. Fecking. Object) Ceramica, trying in vain to cloak it in a fine patina of drunken piss.

Went right off Time Team after that debacle I tell thee. "Today we are excavating in the heart of the Potteries wonder what we will find?" Probably bloody ceramics Tony luv. Want some, we've all got that # in our back gardens. Then they did it at the Ironmarket and got all excited to find bloody nails. /Facepalm.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great idea. If you build it they will come, and thats not far off from the truth. Though it takes right intent and he seems to have that as well. But usually the ones that become public become compromised. Grass roots meditators, free or passing the hat for refreshments and working on building telescopes, modding cameras to infared and UV, would be more fun, less targeted and over time, get more results, IMO. I hope his experience is different in that this works at bringing in more having sitings the way James Gilliland's ranch does.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
all he really needs is a sh** hot pair of night vision goggles, and a fantastic telescope, and he'd be seeing them all the time.. but good for him that he's able to do what he wants with his hard earned! hope him, his wife, and his little girl (when she's born) see loads of interesting ones and post up loads of vids online of them!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What a fail.

All that money and he spends it on more elitist nonsense.

He needs a slap to bring him back to the real world.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Great idea. If you build it they will come

And the UFOs some how know this and therefore show up. Why don't they show up at every construction site.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Yeah and there is some funky stuff in the water around those islands too. Again related to military activity in and around the channel islands.

I like Catalina and as a Los Angeles native even I have to admit seeing a UFO over LA. But I still say it's not an ideal place to go looking for UFO's either. i think it's more of an excuse for them to move to LA if he hasn't already.

I remember getting the scare of my life once swimming in the east side of the isthmus near Robbie's soon to be new island. It's called White Rock cause birds poop all over it. It's also more like a boulder coming out of the water from what I remember. It has no waves since it's on the leeward side of the island and might make a decent resort spot for weekend get awayers if they can dump the money into making it a habitable rock.

So here I was weight diving in the kelp in about 35 feet of water having a great time. Saw a morey eel. Tons of purple sea urchins, then out of nowhere moving at high seed I see a large dark grey mass coming right at me through the kelp. I was submerged about 15 foot at the time also in the kelp forest patch. I freeze, my eyes go wide and at the last second the thing makes a 90 degree turn and goes off into the kelp again.

The thing was basically playing chicken with me and probably didn't like me in its territory. I then realized it was a seal messing with me. But after my heart slowed down a few seconds later I realized. Wait. This area is infested with WHite Sharks. White sharks favorite food are seals. I look like a scrawny seal in this wetsuit.

I swear people on the shore a few hundred yards away said I was swimming so fast to get back to shore that I looked like one of those scooby doo cartoons where they run so fast they run on water. THey said a massive rooster tail of water was coming from behind me I was swimming so fast. All I could think about was. poor visibility, kelp forest, seals around, look like a seal, great whites in area hunting for seals, in 35 feet of water, I am screwed if one shows up.
edit on 7-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: Crappy spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
we heard about Robbie some time ago here

now it seems he is on to more

Robbie Williams is reportedly set to buy White Rock Island, California, with plans to turn it into a base for spotting UFOs. The former Take That singer is apparently planning to build a luxury private resort on the 1.3 acre island – which is currently owned by Hollywood movie director Michael Caffrey – so he and his wife Ayda can stay there and spot UFOs, reports

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join