It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada closes embassy in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

“Diplomatic relations between Canada and Iran have been suspended,” the minister said in a statement. “All Canadian diplomatic staff have left Iran, and Iranian diplomats in Ottawa have been instructed to leave within five days.”

www.montrealgazette.com...

Something is up. Five days seems rather swift on a full recall. So does anyone know what SOP is in this kind of situation? Do any personel stay behind? Does Canada leave guards at the embassy (their equivilent to the US Marines)? This is an interesting development, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Standard SOP would be use the search function as this is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I disagree. The other post you linked, in the political forum, is dealing with the political angle on this. It has a lot of very inside discussion on Candadian politics. This thread is dealing more with yet another bit of evidence that war may be just around the corner. As a non-Canadian, I'm wondering how normal this move is. I see it less as diplomatic gamesmanship and more as a pure safety issue. To me, this move has all the appearances of the Candadians getting themselves out of harms way prior to a full scale attack. But I am up front on my ignorance of standard diplomacy, as well as the Canadian way of doing things.

Anyway, I feel this thread has it's own stand-alone merit in the context of this specific forum. It's up to the mods to make the final determination.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
I see it less as diplomatic gamesmanship and more as a pure safety issue. To me, this move has all the appearances of the Candadians getting themselves out of harms way prior to a full scale attack. But I am up front on my ignorance of standard diplomacy, as well as the Canadian way of doing things.

As a Canadian, let me clue you in to what I believe is going on here:

Obumma: "Yo Harper, bro! Dis Obumma, whass goin ' down?"

Harper: "Hey mang, no' much, just chillin' witt my homies sippin' on gin' n juice! what up yo?"

Obumma: "Yo, doze Irainyunz dey cozzin' big #!@ down dere bro, pull yer shyt atta dere an' make'm tink we be cummin!"

Harper: "ya goona bomb dat shyt bro!!"

Obumma: "nah nah bruhder, we just gonna make'm tink we arez so dey git scaird an' den do wha' we say 'em too yeah? dats how we do' here down in da coolie yo!"

Harper: "LOL! I on da fone! laterz scrah!"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Star for awesomeness.

My comment:

If i was the Iranian diplomats in Canada, i would be sad to leave.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by larphillips
I see it less as diplomatic gamesmanship and more as a pure safety issue. To me, this move has all the appearances of the Candadians getting themselves out of harms way prior to a full scale attack. But I am up front on my ignorance of standard diplomacy, as well as the Canadian way of doing things.

As a Canadian, let me clue you in to what I believe is going on here:

Obumma: "Yo Harper, bro! Dis Obumma, whass goin ' down?"

Harper: "Hey mang, no' much, just chillin' witt my homies sippin' on gin' n juice! what up yo?"

Obumma: "Yo, doze Irainyunz dey cozzin' big #!@ down dere bro, pull yer shyt atta dere an' make'm tink we be cummin!"

Harper: "ya goona bomb dat shyt bro!!"

Obumma: "nah nah bruhder, we just gonna make'm tink we arez so dey git scaird an' den do wha' we say 'em too yeah? dats how we do' here down in da coolie yo!"

Harper: "LOL! I on da fone! laterz scrah!"

I could see some gang lingo going on between the two, but rastafarian?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I could see some gang lingo going on between the two, but rastafarian?

Good observation. I think some people do not know the difference. Once you said that I cracked up with the Marley image in my head.

top topics

join